Help Me Light Up My Hookah!

SouljaK

OK so i want to add lights to my Hookah but i dont know how to go about doing it. I was thinking of purchasing a waterproof LED strip and placing it somewhere at the top of the vase, but I dont know how I would adhere it, nor do i know how to wire some sort of on/off switch to it...any help? Edited by SouljaK

What kind of hookah are you working with?

Most of the tradtional bases have a concave areadon the bottome.... sometimes small enought to do some LED's along with a smaller profile battery.

Take your base into a local hobby shop (that sells RC cars and train sets) and they can hook you up with the goods.

QUOTE (unleashtheclown @ Jan 22 2007, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought the glow balls from hookah-shisha, they're really cool. You might wanna pick them up

What about them do you like? I've always wanted them, if they work, but every other person has had problems with them. Did they come in the same packaging as what is already posted on this forum? How long have you had them? Thanks! tongue.gif

• 1 month later...
the way i light up my hookah is by cracking a glow stick and dropping it in the vase but, make sure you check that it sint cracked cause the liquid inside tastes like something you dont want to taste plus its probably toxic. Edited by JonJonello

i got glowing ice cubes, work pretty good had them about 3 months and still going strong. they are water activated as soon as you drop them in they start going and as soon as yout ake them out of the water it turns off.

QUOTE (cafesaden @ Mar 10 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i got glowing ice cubes, work pretty good had them about 3 months and still going strong. they are water activated as soon as you drop them in they start going and as soon as yout ake them out of the water it turns off.

hey where did u get the ice cubes from?

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (JonJonello @ Mar 12 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

seconded. where did u get those from?

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (angemonkwj @ Mar 26 2007, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JonJonello @ Mar 12 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

seconded. where did u get those from?

Thir-er-rr-ded, where'd you get em?!

• 3 weeks later...
I saw something at my local hookah store today, it was a little ball shaped piece of plastic that when jiggled lights up for a second or so.

It apparently floats in your hookah and when you pull it lights up from the bubbles.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a cheaper and easier alternative.

You will need:
CR2032 3V watch batteries
LEDs (some say 10mm are best but 5mm are just as good)
duct tape, electrical tape, or other weather resistant tapes.
flat disc magnets (optional)

Instructions:
Take one battery and one or two LEDs of your choice. Put anode (long) on to the positive side and the cathode (short) on the negative side. Get a seven inch piece of tape and wrap it arond the battery and LED contact as tightly as you can, the LED should not flicker if wiggled. Add more tape around any exposed parts of the battery and contacts on the LED. Drop in and enjoy.

Tips:
You might want to add a magent to one side and place a magnet underneath the base of your hookah.
Bend the LEDs to the opposite end of the magnet to direct the light.
You might need a smaller battery for some hookahs, be sure its atleast a 3 volt battery.
Trim the contacts of the LED if you want to add more than 2 LEDs.
More LEDs does not mean more light, usually you'll want to keep to 1 or 2 LEDs.
Usually lasts about a week depending on the LED's brightness and color.
Avoid Radio Shack for buying the LEDs, Hobby Shops, ebay, and serious electronic "junk" stores are much cheaper.
Also fun to throw onto metal objects when it has a magnet.

I will post pictures once I get my own hookah in about a week. Maybe I can see if my friends have any pictures when I did it for them.

QUOTE (JonJonello @ Mar 9 2007, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the way i light up my hookah is by cracking a glow stick and dropping it in the vase but, make sure you check that it sint cracked cause the liquid inside tastes like something you dont want to taste plus its probably toxic.

Another way to light up a hookah with glowsticks smile.gif

QUOTE (Interpol @ May 21 2007, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will need:

Instructions:
Take one battery and one or two LEDs of your choice. Put anode (long) on to the positive side and the cathode (short) on the negative side. Get a seven inch piece of tape and wrap it arond the battery and LED contact as tightly as you can, the LED should not flicker if wiggled. Add more tape around any exposed parts of the battery and contacts on the LED. Drop in and enjoy.

Tips:
You might want to add a magent to one side and place a magnet underneath the base of your hookah.
You might need a smaller battery for some hookahs, be sure its atleast a 3 volt battery.
Avoid Radio Shack for buying the LEDs, Hobby Shops, ebay, and serious electronic "junk" stores are much cheaper.

I will post pictures once I get my own hookah in about a week. Maybe I can see if my friends have any pictures when I did it for them.

LED throwies!!! But one question although? You drop them straight in the water? I'd be afraid they'd short out.

QUOTE (lazria @ May 29 2007, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Interpol @ May 21 2007, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will need:

Instructions:

Tips:

LED throwies!!! But one question although? You drop them straight in the water? I'd be afraid they'd short out.

There is the possibility IF you don't tape them correctly or use a "proper" tape.