Holiday Season

CaliforniaRose

Tis the Season  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following are you celebrating? (You can check more then One)

• Christmas
    • Chanukkah
    • Winter Solstice
    • Kwanzaa
    • Other (Comment Below with what your celebrating)
    • Nothing

Tis the season of many holidays, so I thought I'd ask the forum what you all are celebrating? Feel free to use this thread to post traditions, holiday stories etc.

If anyone wants me to edit the poll with more options, PM me or comment below and I will.

Personally my house does the Chrism-kah thing, where the menorah and the tree are usually nearby to each other.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS biggrin.gif

im celibrating nothing. i have worked in retail since i got out of high school and it has ruined it for me. also, im not big into the whole family thing. im not saying that in a few years that wont change, but as of right now that's where i stand on it. i think im gonna sleep all day, smoke a bowl or two, and hang out with my friends.

Christmas... just christmas... or atleast the random cards from obscure reletives, seeing a few of them that I haven't seen in a few years, and eating... and eating... and eating... and getting presents biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Shavo989 @ Dec 16 2006, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess I'm just celebrating the holidays in general (haha, the Festivus for the Rest of Us!).

Oh, and since Hannukah started tonight, happy Hannukah to all!

I love festivus, we need an aluminum pole for the airing of grievences...

Good ol' Seinfeld

I voted Christmas...

But I tend to have a hotch-potch approach to religion at the best of times...

I really just enjoy having time to spend with my girls and wife and family. I'm cooking christmas dinner
for the 2nd time! I love doing it...

JD

Lets all drink Eggnog made from soy!! A food even the lactose intolerant can enjoy!

Christmas for me. Whats better than a holiday filled with gluttony, greed, and the occasional warm fuzzies?

The next person that says Happy Holidays to me, shall have nothing but ill wishes from me.

Tell me Merry Hanukkah Merry Christmas, Merry Festivus, Merry -insert it here-.. I've no/zip/zero boggles with respecting other peoples 'wordage'. But do NOT 'generic' it up with holidays.

ppffsstt...

Erica. I agree though. My favorite time of the year also. However, I shop for gifts all year long, so there is no shopping/crowds for me or my wife.

i'm a christmas kinda guy... although we haven't put our decorations up yet, but oh well.

and steve, I'm with you on the happy holidays thing... its freakin christmas. The government celebrates christmas, as do most americans... so I say merry christmas as much possible! biggrin.gif

I don't mind hearing "Merry Christmas", but I prefer to say "Happy Holidays". My theory let people say whatever holiday greeting they want and you can reply with whatever holiday greeting you want. We all don't have to say the same holiday greeting, I think diversity at this time of year is good.

Also, the White House puts up a Menorah with its Christmas tree, so I'd say the "government" celebrates both Christmas and Chanukah.