Brandy Bottle Hookah

wutang_06

OK so I was bored an staring at an empty Brandy bottle and decided to make a hookah.

Bowl was bought cheap.
Copper pipe with T junction just below bowl.
Plastic tubing feeds through T then into bottle then twists above the water.

Then a little duct tape for sealing.

Not sure about using the copper pipe though...is that dangerous?

Let me know what you think

I wouldn't use copper. Hookah manufacturers usually stick to steel, brass, and aluminum. which are pretty unreactive metals, barring their contact with corrosive chemicals (strong acids and bases).

Copper on the other hand... i dunno. If you smoke out of that, i would expect that theres a 90% chance that you have no acute bad effects from it, but in the long run, who knows.

Also, make sure that none of that duct tape is going to melt, or even heat up. Inhaling vapors from the adhesive used in the tape would be bad news.

if you seriously want to make that thing into a hookah, get some aluminum pipe, a few sizes of rubber grommets (plumbing supply stores) and go to work on a design that omits as much duct tape and copper pipe as possible. Its a cool idea though, thats a neat looking bottle.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Ummm, not on the topic of copper, but the stem... you said you just used a t intersection pipe... so, how exactly does the smoke from the shisha pass through the water and not go directly into the hose? huh.gif Just a bit confused haha

EDIT: Okay nevermind, after closer inspection I see that the tubing goes into the jar above where the water level would be, though, wouldn't that restrict airflow of the smoke coming through the copper pipe? Seems like it'd be a heavy drag Edited by jordanneff