I GOT A WII!!!!

xpimpitox

yep after 14 hours in front of blistering cold at target i got a wii and im exhausted! i worked a full shift, went straight there, camped out for 14 friggin hours with my cuzins surrounded by the ultimate video game nerds! people had car batteries hooked up 2 TV's and and friggin gamecubes playin super smash bros and another one had an xbox 360 playin gears of war. pretty cool actually anyways. got my ticket round 7:30 am (i was number 18 out of 60, and they got taken quick!) and 40 mins later, i had my wii!!!! havent had a chance to play because i had 2 go 2 work right after for another fun filled exhausting shift!

so yea no sleep for over 24 hours, 2 long shifts, and a long ass wait in the cold i got my wii! cant wait to play it but homework calls :X.

Awesome... I seriously didn't think that we were gonna have as many people lined up in front of my Target as there was for the Wii... not sure if they had any cool activities like yours though. You MUST post how the wii plays, impressions, maybe some vid clips wink.gif

is it worth it ? i really wanna buy one so im saving for it but im not sure if i should buy it around christmas or keep saving and get a ps3

ps. Zelda is the shit, and so will be COD 3 on the numchuck remote thing. Zelda is like the biggest reason i wanna buy it is that any good?

fuck yeah, Zelda is the shit, I like the version for 64 myself, but I think Ill be picking up a Wii mainly because of that game, plus it's not to expensive and I can buy it without it really hurting my savings

QUOTE (ahuwood)
i work at a best buy and i am always impressed at the dedication people have. Ever since the ps3 came out i've had gamers harassing me about any details of when more will be released to our stores...

can you score me a discount on the wii? i will be forever greatful! and ill send you free shisha

ok guys. my computer has gone totally haywire but luckily im on a class break to give you guys a Wii field report! this thing is freakin awesome!!! i actually didnt get a chance to play until last nite. i got it set up pretty quick, its painless. the usual setup process like date, time, etc. on a new system. i created a Mii (a Wii characicature of yourself or whoever you want) and popped in wii sports. i tried every sport for a little bit and they are all fun and pretty responsive but i found bowling to be the funnest! the bowling motion makes you look kinda funny but dammit its fun. my mom even tried but she couldnt get the hang of it lol.

i also picked up zelda and was able to spent a little time with it before our nightly smoke session with friends. all i gotta say is even on my POS million years old zenith, the graphics look awesome! the control is incredibly responsive. im up to a point where you have to fish and its pretty fun! havent gotten to a point where your actually out there killing baddies but i already know this game is gonna live beyond the hype as i have also read in several reviews online.

overall the 14 hour campout was way worth it. i cant wait till the next wave of wii games come out (super smash bros!!!!). if your thinkin bout gettin one, GO NOW!!!!

Time for my camping out story.

I was at my local used record store (Dimple Records for the NorCal members) where they sell everything. New/Used music cds, new/used dvds/games from all systems, and even new/used systems themselves. Well I was in Dimple records looking for a gift for my pops, since his birthday is in a couple days and while I was checking out, I noticed that behind the counter they had 2 Wii's for sale! I caught them out of the corner of my eye.. I couldn't believe it... Every damn place is sold out, but for some odd reason Dimple had 2! Well what would any red blooded american do in this situation? Thats right, buy BOTH of them...

I took them both home, not really sure what I was going to do with both at that point. I JUST got a 360 from my parents for my birthday, and I only have one damn game for it, and I need more. But if I were to keep the Wii as well, I would have to drop even more money on games... So I opted to just sell both of them while they're still in demand for a short amount of time..

I'm really regretting selling both and not keeping one, but I really do need to zero my credit card (which I used to pay for them), pay for xmas presents, and buy games for the new system I already have. I sold both online within an hour, and made a cool 200 bucks, even after shipping happy.gif

Sorry Pimpito, but my lucky ass got two without breaking a sweat... I really do admire the dedication some gamers have for the new systems, but I'm stoked I was able to get one without going through the hassle of camping out. I'd probably be even more broke than I already am, because it would have required me to miss work, which I can't afford at the moment...

Ok, everyone who hates me right now is free to hurl rocks/profanity in my direction tongue.gif

u lucky bastard! i woulda bought both of em gladly and woulda sold one of em! i know on ebay they went upwards 900 bucks for a preorder. its cool tho you got a 360 which im also thinkin bout gettin in the near future. heck i want a god forsaken ps3, but when all the problems are fixed. a classmate told me the blu ray overheated so much, it melted the game and fried the whole damn system lol. i think ill pass for now biggrin.gif

PS: had red steel on preorder so i finally picked up 2day, this game is awesome! the movement kinda sucks but the aiming is precise and the sword fighting is tons of fun! they coulda made the game better but its not as bad as the reviews online are makin it out 2 be. Need for speed carbon and call of duty are next on my list!

this is friggin hilarious! at least its not a technical problems cough ps3 cough!
i can see how it could happen last nite me and my cousin were deep in a game of wii sports bowling and we got hella caught up my hand got so sweaty it coulda easily slipped outta my hand!

• 2 weeks later...
My woman got a Wii for me for Christmas. It was sitting in my living room gift wrapped for over a week. We were sitting at home on Friday night with nothing to do and she told me to open my presents. I couldn't believe it. I had been looking all over town for one. No clue how she got it and she won't tell either.