Clove Ciggarettes

Luke69

Should be able to find them at most gas stations/convenient stores.

From what I understand, it's an urban myth about gloves containing fiberglass, which people say cut up your throat/lungs, and was the reason for them being much worse than ciggs. But thats just BS.

I've never smoked them, so I can't give you any personal opinions on them. But as this isn't hookah related, its getting moved to the serious discussion section.

Djarum Blacks ftw.

It's the most enjoyable cigg, ever. Not like smoking a normal ciggarette.

It's *smoking* related. It's not that far off topic. Hell, if you want it on topic I've got a HUGE question! I've heard that cardamom shisha is like smoking cloves? Can anyone confirm this?

I like the unfiltered Djarum originals. Cloves use super, super high tar tobacco, thats why they tend to be worse for your health than normal cigarettes. And some people react badly to the Eugenol, a chemical that will numb your throat and mouth that is also used by dentists, that is released from the cloves as they burn. This can potentially cause the lung bleeding, but it is rarer then it is made out to be.

Djarum originals rock, they actually taste like clove burning rather than just licking a candy flavored filter. I also like the Sampoerna Darks which I can no longer get around here anymore.

Cloves taste like...well cloves. I like to grind the clove spice and add it to my pipe tobacco sometimes.

At any rate...cloves are made from a rather high end tobacco, clove plants, and then mixed together with a special seasoned sauce. The sauce recipes are always secret. I had the recipe to the Sweet Dreams brand cloves once, but they suck so much I didn't care and got rid of it. All I can do is play with stuff for now...

In reality, cloves DO NOT cause your lungs to bleed more. That is actually a myth. The reason that the myth came about is because the eugenal you refer to. That stuff actually numbs out your throat and your lung muscles. (Since I always smoke cloves, I no longer have a gag reflux. This, by the way is why things like clove gum are popular among teen girls. I'm sure you can guess the reason have no gag reflux in good for a party?) Anyway...since you no longer have a well off reflux, when you cough up blood from smoking so much, you'll cough up MORE than a person that smokes a normal cigarette, simply because you have no way to stop the process anymore. I hope that made sense...It was told to me by several doctors worried about my smoking habits.

Because they are mixed with a great deal of clove, they have less nicotine than a normal cigarrete but easily 2 times the tar.

I am a regular smoker of Djarum Blacks, Supers and Originals, and I love them for everything they are. Even when they got up to 7 dollars a pack.

I wanna try the supers and origionals... I've only had the blacks... but to tell ya the truth... That is the only cig I can stand to smoke... And when I was working fast food... smoke breaks were life savers... and so was teh little buzz I got from suckin those things down :D and OMG tasty! You can lick your lips afterwords and still taste it :D

djarum blacks are pretty good. there what i have to smoke now since my stores that i bought from tell me that sampoerna isnt selling in the states anymore. sampoerna exlclusives were the best!!!!!

[quote name='angemonkwj']djarum blacks are pretty good. there what i have to smoke now since my stores that i bought from tell me that sampoerna isnt selling in the states anymore. sampoerna exlclusives were the best!!!!![/quote]there not selling anymore because phillip morris bought djarum and started to enforce it in american makets more. So with the sales not being up to par in america for sampoerna they took out the american market. Sampoerna was all i used to smoke...now i settle for djarum supers. Although there is a shop close to me that sells other brands ive been trying out. right now i have a pack of "zanzabar" cloves. there strong as hell. Next ill try some brand with a G in it...hahaha.

QUOTE (pavlakos)
ive been smoking marlboro reds for the past three years now, and been hearing about these things...ill have to try em. anyone know how much they cost?

They're a little more expensive then Marlboros, around $7.00 a pack. I've only had drags from friends, but I think I'm gonna pick me up a pack tomorrow. I usually have to smoke el cheapos, but I think I might splurge a little :roll: