Solo23 rip off Serious anti-war half....

King Mo

Hmmmmmmm......

When US soldiers first marched into Iraq this second time and liberated cities, there sure were alot of folks with big fat smiles on their faces chanting USA! Not the faces of folks that were downtrodden by the result of US might and "oppression"

Please call me a racist for my next comment.

FUCK THE IRAQIS! Why? Because we have stripped the oppressive regime they never grew a spine to overthrow themselves. They now are incapable of growing a spine and putting down the insurgency. They are a fearful and cowardly people.

Yes, our government made a mistake. We tried to provide freedom to a society that is proving themselves unworthy of it.

So here we are, providing security and a chance at Liberty for those who deserve neither.

[quote name='Lake monster']Hmmmmmmm......  

When US soldiers first marched into Iraq this second time and liberated cities, there sure were a lot of folks with big fat smiles on their faces chanting USA! Not the faces of folks that were downtrodden by the result of US might and "oppression"  

FUCK THE IRAQIS! Why? Because we have stripped the oppressive regime they never grew a spine to overthrow themselves. They now are incapable of growing a spine and putting down the insurgency. They are a fearful and cowardly people.

Yes, our government made a mistake. We tried to provide freedom to a society that is proving themselves unworthy of it.  

So here we are, providing security and a chance at Liberty for those who deserve neither.[/quote]

Ummm no. I was born in the middle of the Iran-Iraq war and lost several family members to it, so I've never really had too much of an appreciation for Iraqis but even I have to admit they are pretty courageous. God knows how many times the major cities have been torn apart by car bombs but almost the next day you see these guys going back on to the streets and carrying on with their daily business.
Now in contrast I remember in America shortly after the anthrax letter scares 1000s of Americans going and buying chemical suits and masks. Which I don't quite understand, are you going to wear a full chem suit ever time you open your phone bill? So lets not throw around the 'fearful and cowardly people' phrase to freely.

Now since I have had a rather bad experience with Saddam I was all for someone going in their and kicking baath party ass. However I knew full well that this fiasco was going to occurs and for the following reasons;

*America has shitty relations and in the case of Iran no relations with all of Iraq's neighbours. How was America going to be able to successfully and efficiently rebuild Iraq when it wasn't going to be able to enlist the economic or political help of either Iran or Syria which are regional powers.

*Iraq is actually a fake country. Look at Iraq on a map and you will see that its borders are perfectly straight lines. A country is a group of people that have decided to live and function with each other, such groups of people are rarely contained within a straight line. And if you look at a map no real, stable country has straight lines for borders. Iraq’s borders were made by the British after WW1 and when a bunch of white Christians designate how a bunch of muslim arabs should live these sort of conflicts occur

*120,000 soldiers no matter what their training or equipment cannot do shit when spread across 450,000 km². Put on top of this little numerical problem the fact that the US disbanded the entire Iraqi army. Which by the way was a really smart move piss off and humiliate the Iraqis that are best trained to kill you.

* And lastly I don't want to be racist but understanding other cultures is not an American strong point and the fact that a very sensitive cultural situation was going to involve 1000s of armed US youths made disaster inevitable. The US had no idea how to create an atmosphere of reconciliation, had no idea of Iraqi history, had no idea how people in the region were going to react and had no understanding of the culture. All they had was a vague idea based on the reconstruction plan implemented in post war Japan and Germany.

[quote name='Joseph']The US seems to "feel it neccessary ot defend itself" when they are not in danger from a specific country, such as all the US actions in south america, vietnam, and now Iraq.  It seems to be more about money then defending anyone.  Our VP was CEO of Haliburton and who is now making BILLIONS off of Iraq?  Haliburton of course.  Does that seem an odd coincidence to you?[/quote]

I heard a really interesting metaphor concerning the Iraq war some years ago. It was the equavalent of someone slamming their BMW (America) into a wall that a spider(Iraq) was crawling along. Now if it was your car and you were the passenger (a US citizen) are you going to thank the driver (president Bush) for eliminating that spider and any possible venom it might have had. Or are you going to be 'dude why did you fuck up my BMW for that spider?'

[quote name='Lakemonster']Hmmmmmmm......  

When US soldiers first marched into Iraq this second time and liberated cities, there sure were alot of folks with big fat smiles on their faces chanting USA! Not the faces of folks that were downtrodden by the result of US might and "oppression"  

So here we are, providing security and a chance at Liberty for those who deserve neither.[/quote]

Is it ok for an Iraqi to say "FUCK THE AMERICANS" ??

No, so don't pollute a thread with garbage, and no, you should not be a racist.

US government backed Iraq and backed the regime which has ALWAYS been bad. They backed the Iran Iraq war no end and were Saddams buddies.

In Gulf War 1, USA encouraged the Iraqis to rebel only for them to desert them and 50,000 Shia were slaughtered. (erm, how many Americans have Iraqis killed??)

Why should the Iraqis thank the American government for backing Saddam for years, yet destroying the country twice raping it for oil in the process??

oh, perhaps you think Fox news and CNN are good representations.

I think anyone has the right to say whatever they want.... so why chould saying that be off limits?

In reality, I dont think we should be there. I think that if they want to kill each all day long.... let them. its not US affair.

Why should we get involved?

However.. if any of them decide to fly planes into US buidings.... bomb our embassies or naval craft.. then I'm all in favor of making a glass parking lot out of that country. I'm all in favor of recognizing that the US does not know how to work diplomatically with with that part of the world... Im sure we dont grasp the mindset. We should just make it known that we will stay out of their affairs altogether.... if they cant stay out of ours. well..... let em fall.