Newer Dog Lover

r1v3th3ad

I always was a cat lover and always will be. At my parents' house (where I legally still live) we rescued a stray kitten back in winter of 2011 and she's our best friend. At my gf's I have the best cat friends ever with Bear the Dumb Cat (he's literally inbred and also thinks he's one of the dogs) and Booties. They sleep on me all day and yowl at me if I leave the bed, knowing it normally causes me pain.

But, with this fantastic relationship ( officially together just over two years but were unofficial another half year prior) I've found a love of dogs.

My gf lives with her best friend who is also her boss. They run a boarding kennel on their property.

This actually is not where I found my love, but rather in their home.

Her best friend competitively shows and breeds Australian Shepherds. One of her dogs was in Westminster this year and he #3  nationally I believe (maybe 5). Thousands of dogs in the circuit and I'm cuddling with one of the Grand champions at the top of the list.

I have been foster dad to about 8 litters now, since my gf insists they house in her bedroom. AND I LOVE IT. I just saw a pup from a year ago and he remembered me and was so stoked to see me. Last I saw him was when he went to his forever home at 8 weeks old( roughly).

Even the one momma that only let's the three housemates around her when there's puppies (she bit her show handler and a friend that has known her since she was a puppy) loves me to bits. When she gave birth last time, I was out having a hookah. They were afraid she'd attack me when I come in but nope. She gave me kisses and didn't care I was in the welding area and holding her minutes old puppies.

I've even helped well a few litters now. I've also helped them with a bunch of rescues and rehoming.

At the house(and kennel), I have 8 aussie friends, 1 English setter friend (I nicknamed him asshole for obvious reasons), and a mutt friend. These are all their forever pets. Some are competing, some are retired, and some are rescues. I've bonded with every one of them.

I could literally share a thousand pictures, but I'll limit myself for now.

20150927_215817.jpg

20150926_153031.jpg

20141127_135156.jpg

20141213_180527.jpg

Welping, not welding lol...phone autocorrected 

Man, doggies are awesome as fuck, I'll try and remember to share with you a pic of our new family member tomorrow, gotta go sleep right now :P I'm happy you found your love of dogs in such a grand way! Keep the puppy pics coming!

• Upvote 1

Cute pups! Dogs definitely make life better. Here's my girls...

Oh, and we also still have fat cat- she's sleeps wrapped around my head on my pillow most nights, with the dogs at the end of the bed, leaving my wife and I barely any room. And it's even a king size! I wouldn't have it any other way, though...

• 1 month later...

They just took a girl 9 hours today to mate her with a good bloodline...so, puppies maybe in 3 months or so (if it was a good "tie").

Meanwhile three other botches are in heat. One has been retired for over 3 yrs, but her heat cycle makes it dangerous to get her fixed. Another was mother in last litters and she is officially retired and on the being fixed waiting list. And the last is her daughter with her first heat at 15 months old.

They wait til at least second heat cycle to breed, and do a maximum of four litters.

They don't do it for the money, but rather bettering the breed's gene pool. They way charge $700 pet home and $1200+ for show homes, but usually only make a couple hundred bucks per litter with all the put on to testing, vet stuff, and diet. They are like the opposite of a puppy mill here.

I love it other than the mass amount of barking triggering my anxiety, and then the smells when puppies are raised in gf's bedroom.

All worth it...made some best friends in canines now.

One saw me two weeks ago (about 1.5 yrs old) for first time since going to its forever home and spazzed out with love when he heard my voice and remembered me. Needless to say I was tackled and smothered in kisses!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Full on breeders put in insane effort into making sure their little pups are raised right, you don't really understand the pricing until you get an inside look! Our little pup is way bigger now, I'll snap you a pic later today! And yeah, dogs never forget anyone for real :P

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for pics :) .

Downside here for me, all the bitches(autocorrected last post) are now in heat. So the two retired girls, the one they bred, the one that it's her first heat, and that one's older sister, and my gf's girl...so they are breeding gf's hoping for a first litter (she's lesbian, last time they tried it instantly threw her out of heat) and successfully bred the older of the two sisters...so we might have three litters lining up and me ripping my hair out lol.

I'm going nuts right now because their stud that is in top 5 in U.S is going nuts, spazzing at the smell and not getting laid, and two girls crated next to him are being noisy flirts. I actually had to take a xanax from the commotion tonight lol.

They are sending their stud to show a few days early just so there's some peace and quiet in the house. He's the only intact male living here thankfully.

Awe I see the ic now. Adorable!

• 2 years later...

According to an article  written by Krista Mifflin, when dogs are around "crowds and even small groups of people and dogs,... the anxious dog feels cornered." So I'm thinking to pamper my dog by getting a stroller. Upon looking for one I saw this [url=https://www.petstreetmall.com/Pet-Strollers-and-Dog-Strollers/1504.html]pet stroller[/url] which I think is perfect for my mix terrier. What do you think of my idea to pamper my pet?

Dog stroller.jpg

Edited by Benjiex