Pharaoh's Reviews

mushrat

pharaoh`s exotic peach

Setup: mya bohemian with medium phunnel bowl, with 3 half 40mm three kings coals.

Appearance: light brown and pretty wet, with a lot of stems.

Smell: strong, alot like real peach.

Smoke: thick and white.

Flavor: very strong and tasteful, the best peach flavor i have had.

Buzz: i didn`t get a buzz (i smoke cigarettes too)

Duration: i smoked this for 2 hours and it had taste for the entire session.

Overall: 9/10 not a perfect score due to the large amount of stems.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

golden guava

Setup: mya bohemian with standard mya bowl, 2 cococha coconut coals and a nammor hose.

Appearance: brown and very moist.

Smell: very sweet, almost like the real fruit.

Smoke: very good, big fluffy clouds.

Flavor: sweet but not overpowering. it smells like it tastes.

Buzz: none, i smoke cigarettes too.

Duration: 1 1/2 hours.

Overall: 9.5/10 i was surprised, i didn`t think it would be this good.

Pharaoh Mint

Set up: Chrome Mya 25", Diffuser, Shallow Mod Bowl, Standard mya hose

Smell: Really minty, similar to Havana.

Cut: Similar to Tonic, nice and fluffy (although green) and very juicy.

Flavor: Strong mint flavor. Not overpowering, just really minty.

Smoke: Awesome white clouds, exactly what I usually aim for.

Buzz: Pretty decent buzz. It's no Nakhla, but it's there. It's unwashed.

Duration: Flavor stayed the whole session, as mint tends to do.

Overall: 9.5/10 Honestly, Al Fakher is my favorite mint flavor, and this is sort of pricey, but I can get it really close to home and it's very very good.

• 3 weeks later...
Pharaohs Berry

Setup:
Mya QT, Mya bowl

Cut: Somewhere between Nakhla and Al Fakher. Somewhat juicy, but kind of gummy too.
Smell: Candy peach rings.

Smoke: Thin.

Buzz: Average for an unwashed tobacco

Duration: Low

Taste: Strange. it was berry, but not a very good berry. It tasted like a hint of cough syrup.

Overall (out of 10): 4/10 - I didn't like it, but someone else might appreciate it. I think AF is a better buy and has better flavor, but I don't even smoke that stuff anymore. I've moved on to greener pastures filled with Fantasia and Tangiers.

Pharoah's Double Apple

Setup: Ballerina 3 hose hookah, Diamente naturals, metal hoses, water in base, unknown brand 1 hose hookah (my friend's), regular hose

Appearance: Brownish, a few stems but not too many. Not overly juicy or sticky, but definately not dry.
Smell: Smelled like sweet apples with a hint of spice.
Smoke: Fairly thick clouds. Not nearly the thickest I have had, but definately not thin in the slightest.
Taste: Tastes pretty good. It tastes like apples, fairly strongly. It is not overpowering in the slightest, although I generally like overpowering taste dry.gif
Buzz: A little bit, but we only did one bowl of it and nothing else for the night and I did not feel too much...
Duration: Fairly long- about an hour and a half.
Overall: 8/10. I enjoyed the flavor, it was easy to setup and handle, and I really liked the apple. One of my favorite apples to date, but I would like to try more apple flavors before saying its the best. A little more smoke volume and it would have gotten a 9. Liked the can it came in though. Flavor is what stood out to me with this shisha.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (mushrat @ Oct 3 2006, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Post your reviews below for Pharaoh's. This is for reviews only. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Pharaoh's (flavour)

Pharoah's Kiwi Strawberry
I figured i would start with the good one first so here it is

Cut: Almost like cigar tobacco. long shredded tobacco. quite a bit of stems
Wetness: It was somewhat wet. maybe a nakhla wet to put it in terms. kinda dissapointed
Smell: smelled like a pungent sweet. kinda kiwi-strawberry
Taste: i could taste the strawberry but no kiwi. slightly tangy. got boring
Buzz: HUGE buzz to the point i couldnt stand up.
Smoke: HUGE CLOUDS OMFG
Harshness: None

Rating: 7/10. I would smoke it, but it's not something i would spend 12 bucks on.

Pharoah's Sex on the Beach
Cut:long shredded tobacco. lots of stems
Wetness: This one is much wetter the kiwi strawberry but no Al Fakher
Smell: smelled really really tangy and kinda like a really bad tropical calone (if that makes sense)
Taste: terrible. just plain terrible. it was this pungent crap that stuck to the back of your throat. it was not pleasant and reminded me of that cherry cough syrup mixed with pineapple
Buzz: Huge buzz, so uncomfortable that it made me throw up. It was hard to describe but it made you feel sick
Smoke: thin, harsh smoke
Harshness: somewhat harsh. it made your lungs tingle uncomfortably as you inhaled and made it feel almost hard to breath

Rating: 2/10. This is absolutely terrible. I would not recommend it to ANYONE and i mean ANYONE. This is not something that someone might like. I don't know how this flavor is still marketed. It's pure disgusting. Sex bullshit.

Lemon Mint

Setup:
Mya Acrylic, Phunnel bowl

Cut: Long Shreaded tobacco with lots of stems. Less juciy then the norm of Pharaohs.

Smell: Citris smell.

Smoke: Very Thick.

Buzz: None for me but I smoke Pharaohs all the time.

Duration: 1h-1h:30m

Taste: Just like a lemon with an after taste of mint. Perfect.

Overall (out of 10): 9/10 - I loved it. A lot better then any other lemon mint flavor I've ever smoked.(Even when I mixed) Great smoke anytime.

Mint
Setup: Mya Acrylic, Phunnel bowl

Cut: Long Shreaded tobacco with lots of stems. Very juciy.

Smell: Over powering mint smell. Almost burns if you smell it strait on.

Duration: 30m-1h

Taste: Hardcore mint. Very, very cool feeling. If smoked too fast it actually starts to hurt so you need to take it slow with this stuff.

Overall (out of 10): 7/10 - I would rather smoke AF mint. Not as strong.

Orange

Smell: Candy like orange smell.

Taste: Tang. Pure and simple it tastes just like the drink Tang.

Overall (out of 10): 10/10 - I LOVE TANG. wink.gif

Cherry Cola

Smell: Coke...The drink. rolleyes.gif

Duration: 1h

Taste: Coke...The drink. No cherry was sensed by me but my friend said he could taste a faint cherry after taste.

Overall (out of 10): 4/10 - I don't like coke. I do like cherry coke. It tastes like coke so I didn't much like it.

Peach

Smell: Candy peachish smell.

Taste: Peach-O's.

Overall (out of 10): 8/10 - I like it but if it dries out it tastes like soap.(Put it in zip lock bags or it will dry out.)

• 1 month later...
Pharoah's Fruitopia

Setup: KM, 2 Al Amrousi Coals, Regular Bowl.
Cut: No Stems Apparent, not too fine cut, just right.

Smell: I cant explain it, just a bunch of fruit, very delightful, should use it as an air freshenerXD. 10/10

Flavor: Very strong, great flavor, VERY VERY fruity, really impressed. 10/10

Smoke: Very Thick Puffy Clouds. 10/10

Buzz: I was seeing stars.. 10/10

Duration: Flavor lasted through a total of 1 hour and 30 minutes. 10/10

Overall: 10/10, love it, reccomend to all, thanks to Neal at WorldHookah, I love you man! tongue.gif (10/10 on neals penis as well, its gigantic.)

Pharoah's Fruitopia

Setup: 36 inch MZ Oracle II, Social Smoke Medium Bowl, Syrian Hose from Hookah-shisha, water level little under 2 inches

Cut: chunky cut, not very long cut, very few stems

Wetness: very wet, when i got it the plastic sampler thing it came in was covered in red juice that leaked out.

Smell: smelled very artifical cherry like, it turned me off initially

Taste: OH MY GOD. this is incredible. it's sweet and fruity. No definite fruits to be recognized but this is amazing

Smoke: This plumes of smoke. takes about a minute to get started.

Buzz: none

Duration: 1 bowl lasted us actually an hour and a half. The flavor got a bit weak after about 45 minutes but it was still there

Overall: 9.5/10. This is the first pharoahs flavor that literally hasnt made me throw up. This is possibly one of the best flavors i have smoked so far and i plan to get a 250g jar of this with my next order. This is HIGHLY recommended seeing that i generally write negative reviews lol. : D. enjoy.

• 1 month later...
Pharoah's Guava

Setup: Czech Hookah that is sexy.

Cut: Chunky and came with a TREE BRANCH

Wetness: Fairly wet, more than af, less than fantasia

Smell: smelled very good whatever guava is.

Taste: TASTED LIKE I HAD BALLS IN MY MOUTH

Smoke: Decent smoke, not up to par.

Buzz: none

Duration: Don't know becaus eI stopped after I got it lit.

Quality of the tobacco was decent, but tastes like nutsack. 3/10

Pharaoh's Triple Apple

Hookah: Mya Obelisk
Bowl: Medium Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coco Nara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Red, extremely moist, and fresh. Lot's of stems!
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: The smell was apple and anise
Taste: The taste was pure anise with an apple undertone. I didn't like it
Smoke: Average Clouds
Buzz: Small
Duration: ~120 Minutes

Purchased From: Worldhookah.com

Overall: 3/10 Not a great buzz. The flavor was the most overpowering anise flavor of any apple I have ever tried. Despite the Flavor the smoke was enjoyable. As far as this flavor, I will pass but I do have some more Pharaoh to try.

Pharaoh's Triple Apple

Review would not be possible if it were not for Neal over at Worldhookah. Thanks man!

Setup: MYA Full size Acrylic, Phunnel, Locally made naturals, cold tap water.

Appearance: Red, more oily than juicy.

Smell: The smell is very strong anise. I was a bit scared of getting pure licorice.

Smoke: Average. Decent but nothing to write home about

Taste: Actually a nice apple with a little bit of licorice. I enjoyed it. A little light though

Duration: about 45 min. Still flavorful

Buzz: Little to none

Result: I'd give it a 7/10. It's not bad at all. The flavor was a good balance for me but a little on the lighter side. The smoke was a little bit disappointing though. Nice to try but I wouldn't really keep it around for a regular smoke.

Pharoah's Triple Apple

Thank you Neal and Holly from Worldhookah.com!

Old School KM, Mya Bowl, Nour Coals

Appearance: Medium sized cuts with a few stems. Red color and not super juicy.

Smell: Double apple with a little something extra.

Smoke: Medium smoke. I've never had really thick smoke with Pharoah's. It's not too little but not too thick either.

Taste: Double apple with more apple. The anise flavor was there but not as pronounced as in Double Apple.

Duration: 45mins - an hour

Buzz: Slight

I was pleased with this flavor. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 and will consider picking up more of this in the future. I like how you taste more apple and less anise with this flavor.

Pharaoh's Extreme Strawberry

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Hemi Bowl
Screen/Foil: Screen
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: Three Kings
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Red, extremely moist, and fresh. Lot's of stems!
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: The smell was strong strawberry
Taste: The taste was pure anise with an apple undertone. I didn't like it
Smoke: Average Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: ~120 Minutes

Purchased From: Worldhookah.com

Overall:
4/10 Not a great buzz. Lacking in flavor. Going to give Pharoah's one more shot!

• 1 month later...
Pharaoh's Sex on the Beach

Setup: Pyrex glass bowl from Sahara Smoke, egyptian 32" Pharoah 3 hoser from HS, Mya hose, heavy duty foil with the Tangiers "all over" hole pattern, two Jap. Quick Lites, Room temp. water in the base.

Smell
: A mild yet satisfying 'fruit punch' smell. It smells really good.

Cut: Somewhere in-between Tangiers and Nakhla. This is also the first shisha that had 'bat wings' (whole leaves of tabacco)

Appearance: A goldish-brown color. Does not look artificial. Has an oily consistancy, a step up from Nakhla.

Smoke: Smoke started off weak but got thicker as the session went on.

Flavor
: Flavor was bad. Not like a "this fruit punch flavor tastse bad" but a "whatever this is it isn't good..."

Duration: I smoked for about a half hour before I stopped.

Buzz: I didn't notice a buzz

Overall: Eh... This stuff wasn't any good. It had no 'fruit punch' taste or whatever it's soposed to be. It had an obscure powdery flavor (I know that sounds weird, but thats the only way I can describe it)

Rating: I'd have to give this stuff a 5.75 out of 10.

Pharaoh's Extreme Strawberry

Smell: Smelled strawberry-ish but not EXTREME.

Flavor: Clean, not harsh, and you could sorta taste the flavor.

Smoke: Solid amount.

Buzz: No buzz, and I usually get a buzz from Pharoah's. It was an unpleasant surprise.

Duration: I can't be sure I had to end the session early.

8/10

There are probably better strawberrys out there.

Cherry Cola

Smell---not to bad but not to good. medicine

Flavor---on the nose

Smoke---Nice a thick

Buzz---small but chill

Duration---about 30 min

8/10 i liked it and want to try more. i would like to have more time to smoke 30 min is not enough.

Pharoah's Melon Mango

Smell: More so like Fruit Roll Ups than melon or mango.

Flavor: You could taste the melon, I really didn't taste any mango. The flavor got harsh pretty quickly but maybe that was just me.

Smoke: Not a lot.

Buzz: Strong buzz. It was just what I was looking for.

Duration: Like an hour.

6/10.

Conclusion: Flavor was lackluster, and the smoke was hardly there. The buzz was the only thing strong, and I'm sure you can get that from a better source in Tangiers or even Nakhla.

Pharoah's Pomegranate Punch

Smell: Very fruity, and with a tangy kick.

Flavor: Reminded me of fruit punch, with the bite of pomegranate in there as well. Really great flavor.

Smoke: Average.

Buzz: About the same as all shisha gives me.

Duration: Around an hour.

9/10.

Conclusion: Flavor was very fruity, but you could tell it was pomegranate. If you don't like pomegranate, don't get this stuff, but if you're a fan of the juice or fruit, you have to try this flavor. Edited by Lutraphobic

Pharaoh's Blue Berry

Smell: Smelled like unpicked blueberries.

Flavor: Very strong. Tasted just like it smelled. However, I really enjoy candy-ish blueberry. 8/10

Smoke: Decent. 7/10. With enough heat, it could probably be thicker than a Cumulus. I was getting good clouds with a quicklight.

Buzz: Quite a bit. I was acting a little quirky and jerky when I was done.

Duration: >45. It was goin,

7.5/10

All in all, I like this flavor a lot. Will definitely smoke the rest of my 250. Edited by bayne

• 1 month later...
Pharaoh's Review: Double Apple

Setup: Sahara Smoke Co. 3-hose 32"
Bowl: Regular egyptian
Hose: Regular SSC hose
Screen/Foil: Single piece of regular foil
Liquid In base: Ice water

Cut: Mostly leaves with a few stems, fine cut, red in color.

Smell: Smelled just like liquorice and, if you are one that does not like DA, a little anus.

Taste: Tasted a lot like other DA: a little bit of a candy taste, but a more pronounced liquorice taste is there. A few of my friends had to stop smoking it because it was hurting the back of their throats when they would take a big hit. I had no problems with this probably due to the fact that I have been smoking just a little while longer than them. But be warned that if you are new to smoking hookah you might want to be weary of this flavor.

Smoke Thickness: Smoke was suprisingly thick, not as this as AF or Starbuzz but quite thick nontheless.

Buzz: Minimal buzz, but the friends I was smoking with were getting quite a buzz.

Duration: Lasted about an hour and a half, went through 4 QL coals.

Overall: Overall this was not too bad, every time I smoke it it grows on me a little more. If you are a fan of Double Apple then I would say try it out, but if you're not then it will be the same as all other DA shisha out there.

Rating: Since I am becoming a fan of double apple I'm gonna give this a 7.5/10. This isn't anything to rave about but I will keep a little in my collection for those times when I just want a little taste of double apple.

• 2 months later...
Honey Dew

this is by far the best flavor of shisha that I have ever smoked not only by pharaoh's, but it even outranks starbuzz on taste! It sort of has an after taste of green pop rocks. As far as the quality of shisha, it really depends on how you set up your bowl but with all the coals I have used (with the exception of one kind) the bowls last an hour consistently and I have had no issues. In addition, its price price is the same as al waha and most of the generic mediocre/decent brands at $10 per 250g tub (at least where I buy them from) where starbuzz and romman type shisha costs closer to $20.

taste/price/quality = 10/10/10

10/10 <--- highly recommended

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Pharaoh's Review: fruit punch

Setup: 36' KM amoura
Bowl: large phunnel
Hose: nammor
Screen/Foil: foil- reynolds heavy duty
Liquid In base: room temp water

Cut: mid sized cut. reminded me alot of starbuzz, same look.

Smell: Smelled like the juice you buy at the grocery store. was actually really really good.

Taste: had a real bright taste to it, second time around i used carbonated water flavored with strawberrys and it was delicioso. tastes how you would expect fruit punch to taste, little lite on the after taste which i guess isnt a bad thing, just something i noticed.

Smoke Thickness: pretty thick, bout the same quality of SB.

Buzz: no buzz

Duration: 2 and a half hours.

Overall: I would say its not a bad tobacco. little pricey, however i didnt mind smoking it at all, i just cant justify spending 13$.

Rating: 8/10. if you got it, smoke it!

• 3 weeks later...