Problems With My Hookah. Please Help.

So I've had my hookah for a while now, but I don't get much flavor from it. I've use both starbuzz and fantasia shisha, as well as cuzzins but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I've also experimented with coconara coals and quick lights, still no change. I've used standard bowls, large bowls, and now am using a phunnel, but haven't noticed a difference. I've tried packing the shisha tightly, sprinkling it lightly, and everything in between. I also usually end up with a nasty headache after a session at home, but not after a night at the lounge. All advice is welcome. Thanks so much!

what he said, also, ql's will give you headaches, nats that arent lit properly will give you a headache, starbuzz and fantasia are very chemically and will give you headaches, many a things can cause it.

How are you packing? what flavors are you smoking? what hookah is it? If you have an airleak the flavor will nearly disappear.

I've tried different ways of packing, usually using my hands. Flavor doesn't seem to matter. I've tried cherry, fruit blends, and the strongest flavors I can find. The hookah was made by a local shop owner, but it seemed to smoke well the first few times I smoked it. Could the rubber seal around the stem have a leak? What are common causes of an air leak and how should I test it?

set up the hookah without the bowl on it, put your finger on the top of the stem to seal it and suck on the hose, if it bubbles even a little bit you have a leak. if you can still suck in after a vacuum has been created but no bubbles are produced, you could have a leak in the hose.

Headache at home vs no headache at the lounge could be the amount of people you are smoking with and how often you are hitting the hookah.  I assume when you go to the lounge you are with a bunch of friends?  If you are smoking alone at your house it could be the nicotine (if you aren't used to it) or even oxygen deprivation if you never let go of the hose.

Thanks so much for everyone's help. I got new seals for the hose, the base, and the top where the ash tray attaches to the stem, then took it to the local hookah lounge and got some pointers from a lovely young lady. Everything seems to be getting along quite swimmingly now. Much appreciation to all of you lovely people here! Hookah smokers are the coolest people around!