Digital Images

Rani

I'm looking for digital images to use in a how-to book.  There are some out there, but they're expensive, so I thought I'd turn to my friends and cohorts to see if any of you would be willing to allow me to use some of your photographs.  You guys have taken some great photos over the years.  Since I can't pay you, what do you get out of it?  Credit for the photo of course.  Your name in print in the caption under the photo and in the "thank you" courtesy page in the index. 

Anyone interested will have to email me their photos along with a simple statement that they allowing me to use them at no charge.  You can clearly say your are not relinquishing any further copyright, etc., so no one else can download them to make money off them or whatever..  I'm looking for:

A nice collection photo of an assembled collection:  bowls on, etc.

Hookahs:  Syrian, Egyptian, Turkish, Mya, etc.

Coals:  Various kinds

Tobacco:  Various kinds

Anything else you think is an interesting hookah picture - smoking, etc.

I know I could cut and paste from the web and likely get away with it, but piracy just isn't part of my M.O.  

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll forward you my email address to send them to.  Thanks guys!

'Rani

So you're looking specifically for hookah related pictures? Just clarifying. More on the set-up phases rather than a complete enjoying phase?

So you're looking specifically for hookah related pictures? Just clarifying. More on the set-up phases rather than a complete enjoying phase?

I'm pretty open about anything that looks interesting.  I do want unlit coals as examples, plus maybe lit coals on bowls, etc.  It's for an informative mini-book in a series of "how-to's".  So while I need the basic stuff, anything that adds interest will be included in the write up.  Consider the pictures as "muse" for the writing.

'Rani

Oh, and I forgot to mention I'm probably going to include some lounges.  So if anyone has a favorite lounge that wants to be included, let me know.  If they have a website, I'll include that, plus the address and any caption they want to add.

'Rani

Here's a few random pics:

Generic Egyptian hookah:

Me smoking a Sultan hookah (all 4 hoses lol)

Coal on a burner

FSU Custom themed crown classic (fisrt bowl ever purchased from Santino :)    )

The next three images are what I like to call my own invention of a "juice trap" that I use on AF shisha since it usually has too much juice. It shows the set up, how it works, and the catch bucket. That way I can control how much juice is in a bowl, or add the AF flavoring to other "lesser brands" to make it taste like AF :)