Dallas-Fort Worth Hookah Party plan B!!!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any prospective dates and times yet? Ramadan starts around the 25 of this month, so after that it might be a little difficult for us to come out depending on the time and date. For now put us down for between 3-5 people, but possibly more. 1.If the group decides on a house party or maybe a park, etc just let me know the expected turnout and I'll arrange the extra hookahs. I'm sure some of the members will bring out their own hookahs, and we can always fill in the gaps.2.If the group decides to do it at a local hookah place then once we have an estimated number, I can call up the owners and get us some special arrangments and prices.The reason I suggested Cafe Medi is because they offer a complete menu of Mediterainian style foods and they have a nice relaxed outdoor cafe area.Heat is an indoor lounge and is also a good choice with the exception that they don't offer food except Humus. Heat would end up being less expensive but Both places are BYOB. 3. If anyone is interested in doing something at Jasmines or the Velvet Hookah, we can easily arrange something there.As this develops, keep me posted on date, time, and location, and what Social Smoke can do to help. I try to check HF once or twice a day, but if you need a faster response just call the office at 800-507-0399.Ali

well since im ording my next hookah from yall could u just bring it along and i pay u in person lol. all these cafe's sound good and i agree with the its nice to have the mediterainian food, plus that would help scalli keep the costs on his part down

Let's get a concensus on this. Would the 23rd (Saturday after next) be too soon for you guys? That is the last Saturday before Ramadan. I know that steps it up a bit.Unless we can reserve the patio at Cafe' Medi it is difficult to get room for 6 people out there even on a Friday night I have found out. They get pretty busy there. I have not been to Heat, but if they have the room and would allow us to bring in finger foods or pizza we could make it a day there. They have belly dancers on Saturday night. I see they have a number to call to book their VIP lounge. That may be a good idea since usually if you book a area then having food comes with the territory. I have food warmers, etc. if we could set it up the same way a caterer would. Anyways my thoughts lean towards the 23rd. at whichever lounge would be able to handle us best. I could not find their hours listed so I am not sure what timeframe we can be there. If we set something up over there any people getting in early can come to my house and we can kinda pre-party until time to head over. I'd just need to know how many to prepare for.It would be best for Social to make the lounge arrangements since I am sure the best deal that could be had would be through them. So does shooting for the 23rd sound good?

The normal hours for Heat is 7pm to 2am on Saturday. That is fine with me but either way this goes getting it started here and bringing more food over for people meeting there sounds good. Some of the locals may only want to take a few hours out of their day and go only to Heat. Those driving further may want to get more event time in. Especially if Nuschultz and possibly others fly in for it we need to really show them a good time.

hmm scally we could have the further out people, me, skimo, guywithagun, nunu, and maybe a few of the ss guys over at your place first for just some good company and conversation, just chill for a bit, then as a group head over to heat for the party were all the rest of the local people meet up and chill with us with some hookah.also i dont think that soon would work. People like nunu gotta make arrangments to come down, and people like guywithagun need to take off. I say we plan this out over the next few weeks and hold it in the next month or so, but thats just me.oh and scally update the list of people, skimo and guywithagun need a +1, and need to add clarity.*EDIT: Ok to make sure you got the list as i have it so far:Current Guest List:Social Smoke +3-5ScalliwagEvanslight +1GuywithaGunSkimoLakemonsterThadeus +1 Clarity +1NuSchultzList Of Supplies:Social Smoke : Booking Party Bringing Extra Hookahs  Bringing Extra Supplies  Scalliwag:    EvansLight: Brownies  3 Hose Social Smoke Polaris III  12 Tubs Of Al Waha (IF SCALLY WILL GET OFF HIS BUTT AND ORDER IT!!)  Ride for a few peopleGuyWithAGun: Skimo: Shrimp  Lakemonster: Thadeus: Bevrages  Money Donations  Clarity: NuSchultz: *

I agree with Evans, I think we should plan it for a bit longer. It would be good to make sure we have time to have all the bases covered. Also, as for the location, Heat looks pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Velvet Hookah. One thing about Velvet, it's 21 & up, so would that cause problems for anyone? I know my company isn't 21, so I don't know how that would work. I like Evans idea of hanging out a bit and then heading to Heat. Something to think about I guess.

yeah thats a problem fucker, im only 18 lol, unless scalli will let me chill at his house, or yall could sneak me in :) , also add a person cause im bringin my bro, scalli pm me about what kind of shrimp i should get and how much

[quote name='skimo']yeah thats a problem fucker, im only 18 lol, unless scalli will let me chill at his house, or yall could sneak me in :) , also add a person cause im bringin my bro, scalli pm me about what kind of shrimp i should get and how much[/quote] That will be too much headache bro. Just bring yourself and friends.And this needs to be at a place that allows 18 and older