Looking For: Elmas 628 Shank Only

Chreees

Looking for Elmas 628 shank plus tray. Windcover too, if possible. Don't need anything else. PM me if you have one and want to sell it.

Thanks,
Chris

[s]Like the title says, I'm looking for either a Syrian or Turkish stem. Must include tray, must be in good condition, and must be solid brass. I don't need a vase, as this stem will be going on my Syrian trumpet vase. I am in no rush; kinda just keeping an eye on what's out there until I find the "perfect" stem (since I just missed one I REALLY REALLY wanted on eBay, due to price being too high). If I must purchase a vase, I will consider doing so, but I would just turn around and resell it, as I have no need for extra vases right now. Older/vintage/antique is ideal, but not necessary. I do want it to be in proper smoking condition.

If you come across one on eBay or Craigslist and think I would like it, please PM me.

If someone is going to be ordering from NargileStore.com and wouldn't mind tacking on a stem/tray to their order for me, I'd be more than willing to pay for the stem, a bit of the shipping cost to you for the entire package, and of course the shipping for the stem to me.

Thanks guys,
Chris

EDIT: Would love to buy another Al Nawras, if anyone has one for sale or has seen one they think I would like.[/s] Edited by Chreees
Narrowed down what I'm looking for.

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1356759993' post='566637']What elmas stems would you be most interested in? I may make an order with nargilestore for the camel pipe sometime in the next few months.[/quote]

I PMed you with what style I'm mainly looking for.

Honestly I don't understand NS's site, so it's hard for me to tell you which one exactly I like. If I get a easy rundown of all their models with pics, I can pick one out easier. Link?

Thanks, man. :)

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

Okay, so I kinda figured out how to look at all the models on NS's site? I determined I like these two models:

http://www.nargilestore.com/carki-dumen-pirinc-nargile.html?currency=USD

http://www.nargilestore.com/dantelli-pirinc-luks-nargile.html?currency=USD

So basically I want a "thinner" (not chunky like the 628 model) Turk, or something similar in a Syrian. I kinda would rather get a Turk at this point, though, as I already own two very awesome Syrian pipes. Would be nice to have some variation. I've ruled out Egyptians because I sold my KM OG Trimetal not only because I needed money at the time to purchase my second Al Nawras, but also because I have grown to prefer a tighter draw, which is not characteristic of Egyptians.

So what exactly do you not get about NS's site?

The images they show do not reflect the actual vase you will get. Basically what you need to do is email them and say you want whatever pipe with a link to it and ask what vases they offer for it. They then will send you pics so you will know exactly what you will get. Or you can place the order and in the special instructions tell them you want to see pics of all the vases they can offer with that setup. Just use google translator and convert it to Turkish.

I have the 2nd one you linked in Nickel, the Dantelli. It is a wonderful narrow and small pipe. I have always loved the gear at the top with the ball at the bottom. I owned the KM style and sold it and got the elmas one instead.

Also on NS site, if I was you I would order just the Dantelli stem, and then order a Fantazi (fancy) or Luks (luxury) vase with it. Rather than getting the meh standard jars.

here are some links:

Bell shaped luxury vase: [url="http://www.nargilestore.com/nargile-sisesi-fantazi-kesme.html"]http://www.nargilest...tazi-kesme.html[/url]

Dantelli Nickel Stem : [url="http://www.nargilestore.com/dantelli-nikel-ser.html"]http://www.nargilest...-nikel-ser.html[/url]

Dantelli Brass Stem: [url="http://www.nargilestore.com/dantelli-princ-ser.html"]http://www.nargilest...-princ-ser.html[/url]

Dantelli NIckel Stem w tray and tongs: [url="http://www.nargilestore.com/dantelli-nikel-set.html"]http://www.nargilest...-nikel-set.html[/url]

And with brass: [url="http://www.nargilestore.com/dantelli-princ-set.html"]http://www.nargilest...-princ-set.html[/url]

And towards the top right there is a drop down that shows turkish lira, you can click the drop down and switch it to English dollars, just in case you didn't know that.

Also the 639 is much more narrow than you would think, it isn't thick or clumsy at all.

[url="http://www.nargilestore.com/dunya-tugrali-pirinc-nargile.html"]http://www.nargilest...nc-nargile.html[/url]

And another thing, you will want to make an account, and then send them an email and tell them your username and that you want them to set your account for Free VAT so that way whenever you place an order on your account they don't charge you for VAT.

Lastly keep in mind, when you pay, if you pay with MF or CC, you will get an international payment processor fee of roughly 3%.

No matter what though, ordering from NS is a STEAL, the price for what you get even including shipping is insane. Still can't believe I got that Kafesli with that monster crystal vase and all the accessories for $290.

If you want to save you hassle, you can log into my account, edit the delivery address and what not and order, I can change it back next time I order. That way the vat is free and what not.

Wow, thanks for all the info man. Helps a LOT.

It's just hard navigating the site, it being in Turkish and all. :lol: But I did finally figure out where all the rigs were posted and that's how I was able to find what I liked. Also I found how to display the currency in US.

I see now in your sig pic... I think the Dantelli may be too short for my trumpet vase. It might look a bit awkward. So maybe I should try and go with the 639, or the Çarkı Dümen Pirinç, depending on final cost (I think this is the one I really want). As you know, I owned the 618 that you now have, and felt it was too short on my trumpet vase. Part of the reason I sold it to you.

Is there a way I can order just a shank and tray from NS? Don't really need/want a vase or hose or any other accessories.

Again, thanks man.

The only shanks that you can get by itself is the dunyali, dantelli, islemili, and tugrali

If you want the dunya tugrali or the other one you want you have to buy the entire setup. Nargilestore told me elmas won't sell anything other than their small pipes by themselves, all the other pipes have to be sold complete.

BUT I know US vendors are willing to sell just stems, I got my 639 from 5star. At the time it was more expensive than buying from NS but at that time it was very difficult to order from NS prior to their renovations on their site.

I believe 5star charged me 120 for the stem and tray for the 639. The entire 639 setup from NS shipped will run 154.87 according to my account. So since I didn't need the hose, vase, etc I decided to snag a stem from 5star.

The Carki is quite large though, according to elmas' site it is 40 inches, but their sizes include the windcover which is usually 5-6 inches so you'd be looking at roughly 34-35 inches on a turkish bell vase.

I personally think the 639 is the best bang for your buck considering the smaller pipes are too small for your taste on the trumpet. Mine from the heart to the top of the pipe is 15.5 inches, the Dantelli is 13.5 inches. But keep in mind their bigger pipes have much MUCH nicer etchings. My canary and kafesli etchings are magnificent, basically PERFECT, but the 639 and smaller pipes etchings are just good. Where the Tugrali (the center piece) is and up looks perfect, but the heart etchings are just decent.

So to sum it up, smaller pipes have good etchings above the heart, but on the heart seem to be lacking compared to their bigger pipes. If you never saw the bigger pipes you'd love the smaller pipes etchings, it is just once you see the big pipes you realize the difference.

Well damn, looks like I have a decision to make then... Get what I really want, the Carki (I think I would be okay with or even like the bigger size), and pay for the full setup and have to go through the hassle of selling all the extras I don't need, or just settle for the 639. Gonna have to do some thinking on this... About how much do you think the Carki will run total shipped? If I do go the 639 route, I'll probably just do the same as you did, and order it from 5Star.

Yeah going with 5star is prob the best option bc the 639 you have to get the full setup from NS. The cargi is 264.10 shipped.

$172.84 for the entire setup and $91.26 for shipping. Then figure +10 or so for random international fees etc.

You should contact them and ask what vases they offer with that hookah. If you get a crystal vase you may end up loving it and keeping it, or you can sell it for 70-150 depending on how nice it is and then sell the hose for 40 so you'd make out like a bandit. If the vase sucks keep it as a backup or sell it for 20-30. Either way worst case scenario you make back $60 and the entire thing runs you 204 which in my eyes for a pipe of their quality is quite a deal!

The 639 IS the most balanced, it is not short or large, though it is on the smaller size especially compared to KM's. But it is just right to me, narrow and mobile but has weight to it.

The carki is basically the dunyali with those double bump things and wheels included.

What is it exactly you are looking for? A tall and narrow turk pipe?

Taller and narrow Turk, yes. That seems to be what I've narrowed it down to. Haha, get it? Narrow... Heh.

Anyway, you have been a BAMF with all this great info. I almost feel as though this thread should be moved to the Discussion Group with how it has evolved. It seems I now know what I want more or less, so it's not really a trade thread anymore, as I know nobody is going to sell me their 639, and I doubt anyone even has the Carki.

I love the look of the Carki, but for the price and all, it looks like the 639 will be more up my alley. It should balance out well with my trumpet vase. Top I have allowed myself to spend on this whole deal is $150. So even ordering from NS, it would work well it seems like. But I would rather keep things as cheap as possible, so may just order it from 5Star. I dunno. I just don't really feel like going through the hassle of selling all the accessories I don't want. The hose I would maybe keep, but probably not. The one I owned before I felt like it was an awesome draw, but just too bulky/heavy IMO. I prefer my lighter Egyptian washables (Razan/Nammor). The windcover is cool and all, but I prefer my XL Egyptian windcovers (I have two, one in silver and one in gold). I still have the Elmas tongs from the 618 I sold to you. As for the vase, I'm sure they would send me one of the cheaper Turk glasses, which I know wouldn't fetch a whole lot in Trades.

So I guess now I need to decide... 1. Wait and save up more for the Carki or just go with the 639 (I'm leaning 639), and 2. Order from 5Star or NS.

EDIT: I just checked 5Star and they're showing out of stock on the 639. I'm assuming you just emailed them requesting to purchase the stem only?

yah I emailed them and they said they could do it. But the prices may have gone up, I got it from them a while ago and prices just seem to keep going up on stuff.

Go for the Carki, no one has seen it it's probably BA.

The way I see it is if you are ordering from Turkey or spending a decent amount of money through 5star, get something perfect. I find the smaller rigs are more likely to have little marks, unpolished sides from the welds etc which is understandable since their smaller rigs are so cheap and their bigger stuff the price is higher. My 639 is perfect but all of the etchings are not as stated previously. The carki b/c it is bigger and more expensive, the finish on it and craftsmanship as a whole will destroy probably anything you have seen. See that is the difference, their bigger pipes are just like ... WOW holy crap. Their smaller pipes are more, hey this is cool, nicer than most pipes you will ever see but this could be a little better, and this could be a little cleaner, not a big deal, at least to me. But once you get or see their bigger stuff, it is no contest. So after seeing quite a few of their pipes in person, i'd tell ya to go with the Carki, for an extra 100 give or take, it will be WELL WELL worth it.

You can get the Carki with a crystal base for prob an additional +25-30. Once you get it, sell it for 80-100, now the entire setup will run you about 300 all said and done but sell the vase and hose and you will be down to around 180. Much better bang for your buck IMHO.

That sounds like a solid plan. I think I'll just continue to save up and go that route probably. If you order sometime in the near future and are okay with me tacking it on to your order, let me know? Way I figure it, we should save a little bit on shipping. Either way, I'll probably go this route but continue to look on eBay and such while I wait, see if a better deal/something I just absolutely love pops up. Again, thanks for all the great advice man.

yeah my pleasure. I am putting up a listing right now in the trades section for the 618 on that blue turkish crystal and my km trophy on that massive persian crystal vase. once both of those sell I will prob buy the camel elmas. So once both of those sell and everything is shipped and good to go, I will get the camel and I can add yours in too and we can split shipping, sound cool?

Or I'd be cool with an Elmas 628. Because I'll be moving soon, I've limited myself to a budget on this one, as I need to keep my savings for moving expenses. Always something...

So I guess a cheaper Elmas (preferably the 628, as it's my favorite cheaper model), or a nice solid-brass Al Nawras Syrian (yeah, I know right? Wishful thinking). I think I'd kinda prefer the Elmas at this point anyways, as I already own two Al Nawras.