Passion

rich04

LAYLINA PASSION FRUIT

Setup: Mya QT with Large bowl, 3 Kings 40mm coals, foil, and cold water

Flavor: Very interesting tropical flavor with hints of grapefruit, very light but pungent

Smoke: Good, solid smoke, not extremely thick clouds though.

Buzz: Didn't get one, but I usually don't anymore

Duration: Smoked with 4 coals, solo, about 2 hours or so

Overall Rating: 9/10 Interesting new (to me) flavor, and probably one of my favorites from Laylina now biggrin.gif

• 4 months later...
LAYLINA PASSION FRUIT (mixed and plain)

Setup: Mya QT with Mya bowl, AF coals, foil, and cold water

Smell: Smells like passion fruit. Smells really good... a little sweet and a little sour biggrin.gif

Flavor: When I mix it with other flavors it has a great taste 9/10, but when it is by its self it tastes like soap (after about 5 minutes) 1/10 sad.gif

Smoke:
Good, thick clouds

Buzz: not much

Overall Rating: 9/10 mixed... I think I got a bad batch or to much heat so I'm not going to rate it plain Edited by sss8789

• 7 months later...
Layalina Passion

Appearance: very juicy. lots of dye. a couple of stems.

Smell: fruity? i don't know how to explain the smell. it smelled good though.

Smoke: pretty good.

Flavor: i liked the flavor for about the first 2 hits and then i didn't enjoy it too much. i got sick of it pretty quick.

Buzz: slight

Duration: a little over 30 minutes before i switched

Overall: 5/10

• 5 months later...
Layalina Passion (50g pack)

Appearance: Very juicy, too juicy actually. I think I might have gotten a bad little pack because it was just far too much juice.

Smell: Kind of like fruit punch.

Smoke: Good clouds, I can't ask for much more smoke.

Flavor: The flavor was pretty good while my shisha was warming up, pretty smooth fruit taste. After about 5 hits though it began to turn sour as the smoke started building up, and then about 20 minutes into the session I had to put it down. I was using Exotica coals, 2 pieces in 1/4 stick chunks.

Buzz: Negatoid.

Duration: About 30 minutes before I put it away.

Overall: 3/10

I think it's safe to say I got a poor quality batch, with far too much juice/glycerin. Once my Nakhla gets in the mail I'm going to try adding a bit of tobacco to what I have left and see what that produces.

• 4 weeks later...
Layalina Passion

Setup:
MYA QT w/ CH Coals
Bowl: MYA bowl
Hose: Razan
Screen/Foil: Social Smoke Hookah Foil
Liquid In base: Ice water

Cut: Medium cut. Fairly juicy.

Smell: Now, it's been a while since I've had a raw passion fruit so I cannot honestly say how true this flavor is. However, it did smell sweet and exotic.

Taste: Taste started out decent. Not the best but smokeable. However, about 20 min into the smoke the flavor disappeared almost entirely. The shisha was a bit old so that could have contributed.

Smoke Thickness: Decent smoke. Nothing to brag about.

Buzz: Little to none

Duration: We only smoked it for about half an hour. Couldn't make it past then.

Overall: 4/10 - I have not had much good experience with Layalina. It always seems to have a rather smokey flavor to it. While it is relatively cheap, I would rather spend a bit more money for a higher quality product. I will not buy this flavor in the future.

• 6 months later...
Lavalina Passion (50g)

Set-up: MYA QT S-Class
MYA hose
MYA bowl
Bowl Screen
2 3Kings

Cut: long cut, soaked in juice, several large stems

Smell: extremely pungent. If smell was an indication of flavor, I was definitely excited.

Taste: Unfortunately, smell was not an indication of flavor. In fact, it didn't really taste like anything, just flavorless smoke. Very disappointing.

Buzz: None for me, though my two friends said they felt light-headed (I've been a cigarette smoker for 7 years)

Smoke: Average thickness

Duration: 45 min

Score: 3/10. Looking for a shisha that smells great, with zero buzz and zero flavor? Try Lavalina Passion!