Pear

xpimpitox

Layalina Pear

Round 3 of my layalina smokefest...this one was wierd...

Smell/Flavor: this stuff smelled nada like pears! smelled more like chocolate and it tasted the same.

Cut: very wet with a few stems found outta 50g pack thus far and a little fine but nowhere near as gritty and fine as al amir which is a plus.

Smoke: i think its a trend with layalina that its not as sensitive to heat as other brands, meaning it takes a little bit to get the smoke going. pretty thick smoke overall.

Buzz: once again no buzz. buzzes are nice once in a while but if i wanna a buzz tangiers is the way to go not layalina!

Amount(approx)/Duration: 30 mins or so. flavor wasnt really appealing to me and my smoke mates...not the worse stuff but no the best.

Hookah Type: 27inch Gold MYA Bohemian w/standard MYA hose

Bowl: standard MYA

Foil/Screen: reynolds heavy duty

Coal/Amount: 2 easy lite japanese coals

Liquid in Base: ice and h20

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 5/10. i was looking foward to smoking this stuff because i always was curious to how pear smokes. but i was sort of let down by this stuff. it tasted like chocolate oddly enough. the flavor was decent nonetheless. not something ill pick up again but ill smoke the rest of the 50g pack with no problems.

• 10 months later...
Layalina Pear

Setup: 26" 1 hose Sphinx. Nammor hose. Tangiers medium funnel bowl. No mod. Some ice in base. 2 ~1" Nour coals.

Cut: Nice sized cuts, a few stems, wet.

Smell: Not so much pear. Mostly just a sweet yummy-ness.

Smoke: Not huge, but nothing to shake a stick at either. Might have been my heat.

Buzz: Minimal to none. But I don't get buzzes from much these days.

Taste: Similar to the smell. Not really pear, maybe a little. More of a sweet fruity yummy-ness

Duration: Hour and a half or more

Overall: I liked the sweet yummy flavor and smell. I wish it would have been more pear like, but it was fruity so maybe my tasters out of whack. Still, great shisha. This is the 2nd batch I've bought. 9/10

• 11 months later...
Layalina Pear

Setup : Mya QT, Razan, Mya bowl (with 2 cocos on top)

Smell : Kinda odd smelling, a bit similar to AF Eskandarani apple. Sour and sweet at the same time, like pears i guess.

Taste : Again, similar to AF Eskandarani apple. I've eaten pears before, they are a bit sour and sweet. I guess the flavor is kinda like that but also has a candy essence to it.

Buzz
: None.

Duration
: About an hour, then the flavor dies down.

Overall : Not that great not that bad. Smells and tastes like AF's Esk apple. Sweet and sour, but sort of has this bitter after taste on the exhale. Not one of my favorite, but i will probably be able to finish off this 250g tub. 7/10

Note : I did get an expired batch, so i don't know if this is how it's suppose to smoke or something.