Safari Melon Dew

>javi<

Starbuzz Melon Dew

Setup - 23" single hose MYA knockoff w/ Lg Nammor hose and Heba diffuser

Bowl - small phunnel

Foil - Reynolds

In the base - very cold water

Coal Configuration - two inch sized "finger" type natural coals (Diamante)

Smell - smells amazing, just like a ripe honeydew melon but stronger....in a good way

Cut - semi-coarse. no stems

Smoke - very thick and dense

Buzz - very little for me. Starbuzz usually puts me on my ass, but somehow this flavor failed to do so.

Duration - about 35-45 minutes. flavor started to get limp after that

Flavor - very sweet honeydew melon flavor. very true and accurate to the real thing

9/10 Edited by >javi<

• 1 month later...
Safari Melon Breeze

Setup: Mya Obelisk, Razan Hose, Small Phunnel
Coals: 3 Cocos

Look: No dye, thank god
Smell: Melony and sweet
Taste: Fucking great. Light airy flavor, very sweet and melony, just like the smell.
Clouds: HUGE
Buzz: Small Buzz
Duration: FOREVER. I smoked it for 2 1/2 hours and then stopped, there was still some shisha in the bottom.
Rating: 10/10. It just was a great smoke, all the hype was well worth it

• 7 months later...
SAFARI MELON DEW

(There are reviews here for a “safari melon breeze” but socialsmoke.com doesn’t sell a SB shisha called "Safari Melon Breeze" - just the "dew" that I got)

SET-UP: Mya Bambino w/larger mod bowl, Nammor hose, foil and 2 Exotica coals

Smell: green honeydew melons (definitely not cantaloupe or any other melon flavor)

Smoke: big ol’ typical Starbuzz clouds

Taste: honeydew melon and cucumber. DELICIOUS!

Rating: ME: 8.5/10 – a very refreshing smoke and not overly sweet (like my beloved "Sweet Melon" by Fusion)

Rating: KIDDO: 6.5/10 – fresh, light, fruity and refreshing Edited by SilverK

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Starbuzz: Safari Melon Dew

Ok, I generally do NOT post reviews to avoid looking like I am unduly influencing the members here but I have to say this one.

If I am out of every kind of Tangiers I have, my new go to shisha is SB Safari Melon Dew.

The taste is nice and it fricking lasts for ever. It's your usual sweet SB taste but i think my employees have smoked as much as my customers have and we don't agree on ANYTHING except Tangiers. :)

Hows that for a left handed review.

Seriously though, if you are into SB you need to try this stuff. :Hookah:

• 1 month later...
[size="3"][b]Starbuzz [color="#9acd32"]Safari Melon Dew[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon Dark Trimetal
[b]Bowl: [/b]Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Medium Cut, Lots of stems, Golden in Color
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Honey & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Honeydew Melon
[b]Taste: [/b]Honeydew Melon
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]1 Hour

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]10/10 This is a great smoke. I see why people like it. It tastes like honeydew melon and maybe a bit of cucumber, it's similar to Romman Summer Crisp. I think this is a great flavor, one of Starbuzz's best.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='KMKing' date='21 October 2009 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1256175933' post='419510']
STARBUZZ SAFARI MELON DEW

All i have to say is get some.
best flavor i have ever smoked.
11/10
[/quote]

i have to agree with you and kiss you (no hard feelings)lol
safari melon smokes great thick smoke and best of all smells undiscribabllllelellelelelel
i love that flavor !!!

Starbuzz Safari Melon Dew

[b]Packing:[/b] KM Egyptian. Sprinkled 1/4in above the rim.

[b]Smell:[/b] Somewhat artificial honeydew. Reminds me of a melona ice cream bar. Pure HEAVEN!!

[b]Heat:[/b] Moderate.

[b]Taste:[/b] True to the aroma. But, like with nearly all SB I've smoked, there's a chemical tinge that I find extremely unappetizing.

[b]Stash Priority:[/b] None. Will not buy this flavor, but may smoke it in social settings.

[b]Final Thoughts:[/b] Disappointing basically sums it up for me and this flavor. It may have been the extremely high expectations or fond memories of Melonas on a hot day (or even cold days for that matter), but to have a great flavor tainted by a familiar foe...I can't help but sulk just a little. Alas, Safari Melon Dew brings me hope that someday...I'll run into a Starbuzz flavor I truly enjoy. Edited by Arcane

• 2 weeks later...
[size="4"][color="#006400"]Safari Melon Dew[/color][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Bambino
[b]Bowl:[/b] Mya
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Regular Foil
[b]Hose[/b]: The Stock Mya Hose
[b]Coals[/b]: 1 coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] lots of Ice and H2O

[b]Appearance[/b]: Typical Starbuzz - Stems here and there, very wet.
[b]Nicotine[/b]: Starbuzz Levels.
[b]Smell[/b]: Very sweet. when i smelt it for the first time i immediately felt nostalgic but i couldent think of what it was!!! then my friend said she thought it smelt like this: http://shop.theprofessors.com.au/media/catalog/product/H/u/Hubba-Bubba-Bubble-Tape-Serious-Strawberry.jpg

[b]Taste[/b]: Exactly like the smell which was good enough to begin with, nice and fruitly like a melon
[b]Smoke[/b]: Thick and fluffy, the usual
[b]Buzz[/b]: Very slight, i never get much from SB
[b]Duration[/b]: 45 minutes or so, my coal died and the shisha was toasty :P

[b]Overall:[/b] 8.5/10
This flavor was great, i absolutely love it. so why give it an 8.5 you ask? well the day i smoked it it was sorta hot which for me, made this flavor less enjoyable. see this flavor is a flavor i would love smokeing on a cold day since the smoke gives me a warm feeling...iono how to describe it but thats just how i felt.
this currently ranks #2 on my list of shisha
*Blue Mist (SB)
*Safari Melon Dew (SB)
*Ivory Coast (Romman)

• 3 months later...
Starbuzz Safari Melon Dew

Hookah: Mya
Bowl: egyptian
Hose: Narbish v3
Coals: 3 coconaras
Liquid: Water
Buzz: none
Clouds: Decent
Duration: 1 hr
Appearence: Golden colored, with lots of juice
Taste: melon-ey
Smell: same as taste
Purchased from a local smoke shop
5/10

This shisha was very easy to get going. As soon as I put the coals on the bowl, it started to give clouds. This is a plus, but the flavour is faint, and not as strong as I hoped. To be honest, the smoke was boring. Sure there were lots of clouds, but I like flavour to last throughout the duration of the bowl. The flavour quickly dissipated, and I felt like I was smoking air. The smell was really nice though. I don't think I'll be getting this flavour any time soon. The plus side is that I only paid $2.00+ for a bowl's worth.
1 Starbuzz flavour down, 2 more to go.