Olde Medicine

r1v3th3ad

Any others use old ways for ailments?

I hate taking pills unless I have to.

this thread is for sharing old, working, alternative medicinal practices

my most commonly used ones are peppermint oil/extract on the back of the neck and forehead for a headache or migrane, but also works applied to sore muscles to relieve pain

my family has been taking a combo of echinasea(spelling?),cat's claw, zinc, and vitamin c since before I was conceived to wipe out a cold, works most of the time.

tulmaric(yes the yellow powder used for chicken seasoning) applied to a sprained ankle can reduce swelling if applied with a warm compress. unfortunately it temporarily dyes skin yellow. I have a nasty sprain right now, possible torn ligament, and can't for the life of me find where my mom has it and she's on vacation.

Kratom is good for pain. it is nonaddictive and what they used to get the Chinese off of opium back in. the 19th century. it helped manage my pain when I needed a root canal and dentist wouldn't give me anything for pain, wish I wasn't out of it right now with my back and ankle injury, hate taking the pain pills prescribed to me.

there are many herbs that assist people in many ways, look at yogi teas, they have calming and sleepytime tea, amongst others, and its a combination of herbs that help.

st.John's wart helps with anxiety but I cannot take it because it can be fatal with some of the medications I have to take.

There is a plethora of old remedies out there that are forgotten because of the pharmaceutical industry, lets bringbthem to light in this thread people, might help someone that doesn't like pills like me!

On that note, anyone know an olde way to help manage depression?

And I am in no way a medical professional nor am I telling you to up and switch to any of these. Consult a doctor and do your own research first, some herbs can be fatal when mixed with modern medicines like st.John's wart can be with me and a psych Ted I'm on, and certain yogi teas practically send my body into shock because of interaction with this same med .TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.

this is an informative thread, not professional medical advice.

I am sharing what I have learned of the olde way, from my studies of paganism,shamanism,and herbalism from about a decade of practice. does not make me anyone qualified to consult with

YOU HAVE BEEN DISCLAIMED!

Hallie made me a tea that had velarian root, peppermint, lemon balm, passion flower, and chamomeal. she uses more peppermint because velarian root smells like feet and can cause a tummy ache, but i drank the tea to help with my panic attacks and anxiety, i guess valerian root is a mild sedative as well.

ahh. I see, yeah velarian is a tricky one. Hallie is really knowledgable about a lot of olde medicines...I refuse to take most newer medicines any ways, and with a dairy allergy cannot trust anything that pharm companies put out, as a lot are made with milk protein in them

I'm a firm believer doctors make you sick. If I absolutely must go to a modern medical doctor, I try and stick to an O.D. They often utilize alternative and even ancient methods of healing rather than just reach for drugs.

Interesting note: Medical doctors are not automatically allowed to prescribe meds. They have to take specific pharmacology classes and be licensed to prescribe separate from their medical license. This is why other associated professions like optometrists can prescribe medication. So most O.D. have taken that and can prescribe anything an M.D. can as well. Generally I find they're much better doctors.

'Rani

Upset stomach: Warm Water and Charcoal. Let Charcoal sit in water for about 15-20 minutes. Sip till gone. Works on babies to adults.

Yes Coconaras work okay but lump charcoal is the best. Both my kids got this when they had colic. I put a couple of drops of juice to make it a bit more palatable for them. But it's not bad when I drink it myself.