Watermelon

boomhauer

AL FAKHER WATERMELON (in the 250g round green tub)

This review is from the 2nd time I smoked it. The 1st time I didn’t like it at all. Now that it’s acclimated and sat around for awhile, I gave it another shot and it’s MUCH better! Maybe it needs to acclimate to get full flavor?

SET-UP: Mya Bambino w/larger mod bowl, foil and Exotica coals

Smell: sweet AND sour watermelon (like the fruit AND the Jolly Rancher candies)

Smoke: decent smoke, okay clouds

Taste: just like watermelon and nothing else. It’s a little less like the fruit, and a lot more like Jolly Rancher watermelon candy. Solid watermelon flavor if you want true watermelon.

Rating: 7.5/10 – it’s true to flavor but not OMG awesome. Can’t figure out why everyone rates this so high….except for it being affordable compared to other brands.

• 3 weeks later...
Al Fakher Watermelon

Set up:
Mya Acrylic
Mya Bowl
Reynolds HD 1 layer
coco's

Cut: Typical Al Fakher Cut, Red dye

Smell: Intense! It's so strong my entire apartment smelled like watermelon within seconds! Really good smell though, Similar to watermelon.

Taste: HARSH, From what I can tell it is a really good tasting shisha. However, the shisha just hits harsh no matter what you do with heat management. I acclimated it but there was only a slight improvement.

Buzz: Slight

Clouds: Decent

Duration: 1 hour (I smoke until the coals go out)

Overall: 3/10
I cannot smoke this alone so for that I give it a 3. However, If you mix it with vanilla or mint (or both) it takes away alot of the harsh taste and makes the watermelon much more enjoyable. So when mixed I would give it an 8/10 because despite the harshness this shisha does have a really good flavor. I don't think I will buy this again because the harsh taste ruins the experience.

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Watermelon

Hookah: A 10 or 12' my friend stole from his friend that got it in Israel.

Coal: 1 Golden insta-light

Bowl packing: to the top, with about 20 holes (a bit larger than I would have liked, but all we had available to poke holes)

Cut: quite juicy

Smell: Literally just like watermelon gum I chewed all the time when I was kid. So good.

Smoke: Thick and white

Flavour: Tastes like the smell but not as strong. I had pure watermelon juice in the base which stepped up the flavor (hand squeezed from a watermelon)

Buzz: Got a slight one after taking multiple hits, otherwise none.

Duration: 30-40 minutes

Rating: 8/10, I felt like it was burning a little to quickly

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Watermelon

hookah type 24 in. single hose
liquid in vase water and ice
foil single renolds
coal 1 3 kings

This was an amazing flavor. The tobacco was so juicy and smelt like watermelon gum. I mean my water turned dark pink after 30 minutes. It made amazing smoke clouds and gave me perfect O blowing smoke. It was fairly smooth but my friend who doesnt smoke as often as i do was coughing after half hits. There was a little buzz but nothing to brag about. overall pretty good. 8/10

• 11 months later...
[color="#9ACD32"]AL FAKHER WATERMELON!!!

[color="#000000"]This was my first bowl ever on my first ever hookah[/color][/color]
[color="#9ACD32"][color="#000000"]
[/color][/color]
[color="#9ACD32"][color="#000000"]and my first review[/color][/color]
[color="#9ACD32"][color="#000000"]
[/color][/color]
[color="#9ACD32"][color="#000000"]Setup:32” Copper Lotus Kahlil Mamoon

Flavor: Al Fakher- Watermelon

Smell: just like a watermelon Jolly Rancher or Watermelongum…reall good

Taste:the taste isn’t as strong as id like it to be but itsmy first bowl ever so I could have done something wrong

Smoke:Good amount of smoke, gotta pack it better and iveheard Al Fakher has heavy clouds so don’t base smoke just on my review

Buzz: good once I got it going

Overall experience: For my first hookah bowl ever It wasn’t bad,im not good at packing yet and the coal placement and heat I need to work onbut Watermelon Al Fakher is pretty damn good!!! 8/10

[/color][/color]

• 11 months later...
[b]Al Fakher [color="#ff0000"]Watermelon[/color][/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] KM Chiller
[b]Bowl:[/b] Small mod bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds HD
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] 3 Coco cubes
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water + crushed ice

[b]Appearance: [/b]short cut, some stems, red dye abundant
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] like candy watermelon
[b]Taste: [/b]Watermelon Bubblicious
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Present
[b]Duration:[/b] 1.5 hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] hookah-shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]10/10 - Delicious! This is a great watermelon flavor if you love watermelon gum (and it just so happens I do). The taste is spot on to Watermelon Bubblicious and never lets up during the session.

• 4 months later...
Al Fakher [b]Watermelon[/b]

[b]Hookah[/b] : Farida Wellington
[b]Bowl[/b] : HJ Flying Saucer
[b]Screen[/b] : One precut foil circle
[b]Hose[/b] : Farida Washable
[b]Coals[/b] : 3 coconaras
[b]Vase[/b] : Farida Bell style
[b]Buzz[/b]: Typical Al Fakher..interpret that as you will

I had heard a lot of good things about this flavor, and when I found a local shop that sells 250g boxes for 14 bucks I was sold. The smell of it is sweet, it sort of reminded me of a watermelon flavored jolly rancher. However...I have now smoked it twice. I can not say I cared for it at all either time. I know how to pack and smoke AF, as AF Cola is one of my favorites. This flavor was just not for me. It did taste slightly like it smelled..but just had a nasty tinge to it IMO. I do not see the appeal with it. I have tried three coals and removing one, I have tried two with a windcover off and on, nothing. Maybe its a bad batch...but I doubt it.

1/10

[b]5/10[/b]

• 3 months later...
[b]Al Fakher Watermelon[/b]

(Thanks to Stuie for the format)

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon Kamanja Wheat
[b]Bowl:[/b] Crown Micro Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Sainsbury’s HD Foil
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist and tons of red dye
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell: Candy watermelon[/b]
[b]Taste:[/b] Watermelon flavoured bubble gum
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]2 hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Locally

[b]Rating System: [/b]My ratings may differ to the normal so I think I should explain what they mean. Although I feel its hard to give anything a 10/10, I felt a benchmark was needed. As such so far only my favourite flavour has a 10, and everything else is in relation to that. Anything above a 5 I would consider smoking, and anything below a 5 is something I would not buy again. The numbers are an indication of the degree to which this is true.

[b]Overall: 8/10 - [/b]I really like this flavour. While I dont usually like AF flavours, I could almost smoke this every day. Strangely enough I found that letting it sit for a few minutes before I packed the bowl got rid of the throat tickle that I experienced the first few times I smoke this.