Sour Grape

ikon

Tangiers Lucid Sour Grape

Setup: 34" KM Classic, Razan Hose, Small Tangiers Phunnel Bowl
Coals: Cocanaras
Cut: Standard Tangiers Cut, WAY juicy
Smoke: not as thick as I other lucid flavors, but acceptable
Smell: smelled just like the grape flavored AMP energy drink. Made the room smell like it when I stirred up the tub.
Flavor: Tastes just like the grape flavored AMP energy drink. Tastes pretty good!
Buzz: None
Duration: Kind of started to die out after 45 minutes.

Overall: 7/10 tastes great, I'd prefer more clouds

• 2 weeks later...
Brand and Flavor: Tangiers Lucid Sour Grape

Shisha Cut: Typical Tangiers: leafy, light, not many stems; mostly long grain; black as night.

Hookah Type: KM Single Pear

Duration: 4+ rounds of 2 CH Naturals, spread over 2 days; 4+ hours

Bowl: Small Tangiers Phunnel

Foil / Screen:Heavy Duty foil

Coal / Amount:2 CH Naturals at a time

Smoke: Perfect. Nice fluffy white billows, can easily approach squirrel choking caliber with the addition of more coal

Buzz: Low buzz, definitely not no buzz.

Smell / Flavor:Wonderful Tangiers grape aroma, probably my favorite grape. Its tart and fruity, not like a jam or jelly... more like a dessert wine bouquet without the alcohol. The flavor was pretty much dead on the same, except for the sour that kicks in. The sour is literally mouth puckering; it was a wonderful addition to the tart, juicy grape. I don't know how it works, but its great. Its no Warhead, but its probably close to a Sour Patch.

Rating (1 to 10): I am going to give Lucid Sour Grape a solid 8, it doesn't fail anywhere but sour isn't to everyone's taste. If you like sour, I'd highly recommend it.

Set up:
Magdy Zidan Perpetual River
Medium Phunnel/Hemi Bowl
Reynolds HD 1 layer
Exoticas

Cut: Black, No stems

Smell: Amazing, Tart grape smell

Taste: I couldn't get much flavor! I could taste the sour and grape but it was really weak.

Buzz: I got buzzed pretty good off this stuff

Clouds: Perfect

Duration: 1 hour (I smoke until the coals go out)

Overall: 5/10
This was my first attempt at tangiers. From the start I got it to smoke nicely. Huge clouds! I could not get flavor though? The first two attempts I had barely any flavor, it was just pure smoke. I tried it with a phunnel and a hemi bowl. Not really a difference between the phunnel and hemi, both produced great smoke. The third time I attempted it I actually got some decent flavor. From what I can tell, it is a really good flavor but its really weak. I assumed I was doing something wrong but after making about 6 attempts and using almost all of the 250g pack I still cant get strong flavor. I have read for hours on how to pack tangiers and get the best possible smoke from it. The tobacco smokes amazingly well so I have to be doing it right. I guess this flavor is just really weak. I'm dissapointed in tangiers, I got all hyped up from reviews about how flavorfull it is. I guess its just not what I expected. I might pick up another flavor and give tangiers one more shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hookah: Mya Gelato Grande
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coco Nara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Typical Tangiers
Nicotine: 0.05%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Like Tangiers Sour and White Grape
Taste: Just like it smells
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 7/10 Like Chocolate Mint, it's good but mixing the flavors yourself like Sour and White Grape just produce a better taste to me.

• 11 months later...
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][b]Hookah:[/b] Tangiers Lucid - Sour Grape
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers small
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]HD Foil
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Japanese[b] [/b]
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Typical oily/juicy.
[b]Nicotine: [/b]Minimal
[b]Base: [/b]KM Pharonie
[b]Smell:[/b] Like purple Gatorade/Powerade/Koolaid
[b]Taste: [/b]Surprisingly artificial grape when contrasted with other Tangiers flavors that taste so much like whatever they are flavored after.
[b]Smoke: [/b] Thick and velveteen.
[b]Buzz: [/b]Minimal, nearly non-existent to a daily OG smoker.
[b]Duration: [/b]1 hour
[b]Purchased From: [/b]Aztec Highway (if ever in Salt Lake, do stop by) [/font][/color]
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]
[/font][/color]
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]After trying countless brands of grape (Layalina, Al Basha are a few contenders), this shisha is the greatest grape flavor to date. It is quite similar to Al Basha grape. The taste is quite artificial, nearly like a purple Smarties. It is less like a sour candy, as the name would suggest, and more of a general "purple" flavor as Dave Chapelle would say. This received rave reviews from friends at the session. Though I generally prefer authentic flavors (ie, OG Blueberry is just like eating blueberries), this is certainly worth a try. It is perfect to mix up sessions when the usuals seem too bland to pack.

9/10[/font][/color]

• 1 year later...

Hookah: Nawras Brass Syrian
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Hose: Nammor custom
Coals: Two Coconaras each round.
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: TYPICAL TANGIERS CUT...
Smell: Grape with a bite.
Taste: Sour Grape.
Smoke: Thundar clouds... as always.
Buzz: None.
Duration: ~2 hours (two rounds of coals)

Purchased From: Trade.

Overall: 10/10. This flavor is soooooooooooooooooooooooo good. If you dig real grape flavor and sour stuff, you'll like this.

• 1 year later...
[size=4][b]Tangiers Lucid Sour Grape[/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] KM Pharonie
[b]Bowl:[/b] Egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynold HD
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] CH QLs
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Typical Tangiers. Dark and wet
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Very dark grape like
[b]Taste:[/b] Like a dark group with a hint of sour. Just like a candy
[b]Smoke:[/b] Typical Tangiers thunder clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]None
[b]Duration: [/b]2 Hours

[b]Purchased From: [/b]5starhookah.com

[b]Overall: 8[/b]/10. Tastes like a sour grape candy. It is awesome. Definitely my favorite grape flavor! Nothing like ketchup associated with grape flavors