F1

headhunter

Now that we have this sub-forum i want to ask, is there any Formula 1 fans here on the forum? and if so who is your team? To start off i have always been a Ferrari team guy, personally still dont think they should have ousted[size=3] [size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Schumacher back in, '06 was a shame and still wish he raced for them.[/font][/size][/size]

Ya, I watch F-1 but i don't really have a favourite team or driver. Do like [size=3][size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Schumacher though. Was good to see him on the podium at one of the rices..i think.[/font][/size][/size]

[size=3][size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]I also watch Indy and all 3 nascar levels. With a little outlaw dirt track for fun.[/font][/size][/size]

fair enough, and yeah i understand the tv situation and such. Its only on a few select channels here in the U.S. because, well there are not alot of fans here, compared to NASCAR and INDY, but in my opinion it is one of the best motorsports, but i agree also with Mush, indy and nascar and even Dirt track racing have their place, tis just not my cup of tea

I love F1! Personally, I'm a Sebastian Vettel fan. Granted, I've only picked up on watching it in the past year or two and he's who I saw win. Root for the winner, right? :D

haha yeah CO would make the most sense lol, but i think i have been watching since like '08 when IN still had a race...twas a sad day when they lost it to spain i believe

Renault and lotus are my favorite teams. Thee underdogs in the race with the heart of lions. As for favorite driver ... Would def have to be ayrton senna. Watching the older races it seemed like he was just unafraid to crash, to push the limit, to put his tire into the body gaps of another car to slipstream his.

[quote name='Nerdy' timestamp='1351789584' post='559690']
[b]Renault and lotus[/b] are my favorite teams. Thee underdogs in the race with the heart of lions. As for favorite driver ... Would def have to be [b]ayrton senna[/b]. Watching the older races it seemed like he was just unafraid to crash, to push the limit, to put his tire into the body gaps of another car to slipstream his.
[/quote]

wow that was unexpected but not unwelcome. I would have to agree as well with the Lotus being that they are a new team they are doing remarkably well Renault on the other hand has been in F1 for a rather longer amount of time and have yet to get everything together, compared to lotus who has managed to go from dead last/not finishing to guys that fight for spots with points in a short period

[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1351839162' post='559772']
[b]Renault and lotus[/b] are my favorite teams. Thee underdogs in the race with the heart of lions. As for favorite driver ... Would def have to be [b]ayrton senna[/b]. Watching the older races it seemed like he was just unafraid to crash, to push the limit, to put his tire into the body gaps of another car to slipstream his.
[/quote]

wow that was unexpected but not unwelcome. I would have to agree as well with the Lotus being that they are a new team they are doing remarkably well Renault on the other hand has been in F1 for a rather longer amount of time and have yet to get everything together, compared to lotus who has managed to go from dead last/not finishing to guys that fight for spots with points in a short period
[/quote]

Yea Renault as a team aren't winning much of anything but rarely do they put their heads down to walk away tails tucked between their legs. I think that makes them a good team.

As for lotus those plucky Brits have racing in their genes, I'm looking forward to many good things from them just hope the don't end up in flames, sold out or in the dumps like most of the previous British teams. Even in gt and touring leagues.

[quote name='Nerdy' timestamp='1351898162' post='559833']
[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1351839162' post='559772']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea Renault as a team aren't winning much of anything but rarely do they put their heads down to walk away tails tucked between their legs. I think that makes them a good team.

As for lotus those plucky Brits have racing in their genes, I'm looking forward to many good things from them just hope the don't end up in flames, sold out or in the dumps like most of the previous British teams. Even in gt and touring leagues.
[/quote]

[u][b]*spoiler alert!!!!!*[/b][/u]

Very true for Renault, you also have to factor in that for a few years they were banned so they are playing catch up. On the other hand Lotus has managed to find it [b]alot[/b] sooner than than them in the fact of todays race in the UAE. Now that was a damn good race, more so with Louts getting there first win and Kimi making an awesome comeback finally. Then you also have Vet managing to come up from dead last in the pits to manage third!! good gods the man went up 21 spots!! And finally you have Alonso who managed to hold him of the last 10 laps of the race! I can not wait for the awesome-ness that will be Texas on the 15th.