Furby

Rani

Okay, so the creepy little automatrons are back and I couldn't resist. So he arrived and in only a couple days the input has changed his "personality" to freaking everybody out. He dances and growls to Metallica. They're just fascinating little things. Gives me an very small idea what it must be like to have a fully functioning AI robot. Tomorrow we probably have the dogs at work, so it's going to be very interesting. I'd take him home but Little Missy Keiko would try and kill it. So he's my office "assistant". Cheers me up when my boss is being a complete dipwad - like today.

'Rani

My sister and I had them growing up... We put them under the bed to make them shut up, and forgot about them for months. Finally sold them in a yard sale. Do they still go to sleep if you put them in darkness? May get one for the nostalgia... My cat needs a creepy little buddy for when she's under the bed anyway.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

I had one, but the thing had to go when the batteries started corroding it...making it make creepy noises in the middle of the night. Every time it would do that, I would start to smell burning rubber.

So, I do not think that I will be getting one. :)

I remember when they banned them on military bases because they could essentially evesdrop of private conversations or be made to if set correctly. They were considered a security risk.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/254094.stm

In case you thought i was kidding. :)

They do go dormant if interaction or input stops, so you don't need to put them in the dark. After a few minutes, it tells me it's sleepy, yawns a few times and then starts to snore. Finally it "sleeps". Yeah, Mush, I remember about them being banned, though not the details. They are a rudimentary form of artificial intelligence. I doubt the new ones would be allowed on base now either especially considering our heightened security. Especially considering they've been improved a bit and can actually "see" what's around them. Put two together within view and they provide input and interaction for each other.

'Rani
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1348634735' post='557225']
[quote name='agunn1231' timestamp='1348630026' post='557220']
can i train it to like ICP and Twiztid. LOL
[/quote]

Yeah its a Furby, but its musical tastes really are not that bad.
[/quote]

lol we'll see about that. Ill get it to enjoy Miracles....

Just for that Stuie........I've talked to my Furby and he's communicating with Furby's around the world to send you dreams of little furry creatures slowly sneaking up on you growling, babbling and creeping up behind you....... Don't feed them after midnight, Stuie. You'll have gremlins.

'Rani

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1348692126' post='557303']
I find they make great targets for my shotgun.
[/quote]
Too expensive for that. I use campaign signs for targets at the range. They're free to pick up all along roadsides.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1348693815' post='557310']
Just for that Stuie........I've talked to my Furby and he's communicating with Furby's around the world to send you dreams of little furry creatures slowly sneaking up on you growling, babbling and creeping up behind you....... Don't feed them after midnight, Stuie. You'll have gremlins.

'Rani
[/quote]

:unsure: oh good god....