Mama And Kittens Need Home - Los Angeles

Rani

Okay, so this really sweet loving little black female made herself at home in the courtyard of the small complex I live in. She was skin and bones under semi-long hair so I fed her. And have been feeding her for about two weeks. I let her inside, didn't really want a 4th cat (OMG four cats, really? Nooooooo....) So she's kind of been going in and out of my apartment while I tried to hold strong against taking her in permanently. But she's sooo sweet. However, my youngest unaltered female and she hated each other on sight. In fact she threatened Keiko with snarls and hisses, Keiko responded by throwing herself on her and seemingly trying to kill her. Now I know why.

Last night when I got home and got in the courtyard she came running up for attention and I saw she had two kittens she's been protecting and taking care of. No wonder she's eating like a mastiff and still skinny! Anyway, I've contacted rescue organizations, but I'm also posting every single place I can trying to find this gorgeous little girl and her babies a home.

So if you're in the Los Angeles are, can at least foster them while we keep looking for a permanent home, please, please PM me. I admit it, I'm a sucker for all animals, but when one is this sweet and loving...... Well, she needs to be somebody's lap kitty, not a stray. Thanks!

'Rani

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1346304267' post='555426']
Rani, my only advice is craigslist, I have used it to find homes for 6 kittens/cats in the last 9 months from my complex.
[/quote]

Oh! Good idea. Didn't even think of that..... I did think of the local Petco and Pet Smart, maybe taking a couple pictures and making up a flyer. I saw the babies this morning. They're still all wobbly and blurry eyed, so I guess they were probably born right before Mama began begging for help.

'Rani

• 1 month later...
Bump because the kittens are now weaned and human friendly with me at least. And my landlord says they need homes or they're going to a kill shelter. And they're so cute......

Rani

Wish I wasn't across the country and that I lived on my own...it took a lot of persuasion but I talked my mom into taking in my babygirl two years ago...she was a stray, not too old, abandoned...now she sleeps with me every night, either on my chest or between my legs...needless to say I grew accustomed to sleeping on my back when my whole life I slept on my side or belly...when I am out of town for work she waits day and night for me me by the door...she is my familiar(I think you may be familiar with that term 'Rani)

I really wish I could help, breaks my heart to hear of this :(...good luck I hope you find them a home