Fs: 2 Km Full Set-Ups

Hassouni

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1327601575' post='536705']
Where did you just stumble upon all this stuff for sale...
[/quote]

Yea, I'm not trying to start anything when I say this but I thought this subforum is for personal sales and not vending. Unless you literally just have all kinds of hookahs that you don't smoke, seems in violation of the rules.. just saying.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='KasbahBazaar' timestamp='1327603020' post='536708']
[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1327601575' post='536705']
Where did you just stumble upon all this stuff for sale...
[/quote]

Yea, I'm not trying to start anything when I say this but I thought this subforum is for personal sales and not vending. Unless you literally just have all kinds of hookahs that you don't smoke, seems in violation of the rules.. just saying.
[/quote]

She's not a vendor.

If she happened to find some good deals on some quality pipes, I don't see a problem with sharing the opportunity with fellow members. I once got a good deal on 5 stems and sold 4 of them on the forums while keeping one for myself. 4 members ended up with a good stem at a good price and I was left with a basically free stem.

Katie doesn't have a vendor thread, a website or a store. I don't see how she could be considered a vendor.

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1327608637' post='536723']
Katie doesn't have a vendor thread, a website or a store. I don't see how she could be considered a vendor.
[/quote]

So I don't have any of those either right now, but I do local distribution (which I believe she does as well). Does that mean I can post up all my stuff I've marked up to turn some bucks? No. I'm going the legit way and purchasing vendor status when the time comes.
  • Upvote 1

That's your choice, but I don't think you would be wrong to post up some stuff for sale until you switch to vendor status.

Maybe a mod would disagree with me and please correct me if i'm wrong.

Where would you suggest that we draw the line between member and vendor? Does a pipe have to be used by the seller before posting it for sale? Is there a monetary limit on how much can be sold in a month? Does a seller have to prove that they don't have a business license before selling?

Who's going to police these rules? By your logic, there are quite a few vendors on here posing as members. Edited by Skoozle

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1327619189' post='536738']
That's your choice, but I don't think you would be wrong to post up some stuff for sale until you switch to vendor status.
[/quote]

I was explained the rules by a moderator yesterday and spoke with a different one today and by their definitions of the rules this is not allowed so I wont be doing it because all my life I have played by the rules and have done just fine that way. I don't want to further clutter this thread with responses so I figure if it's a big enough of a deal someone else will handle it.

Beautiful pipes Katie, wish I had the cash to pick one up, especially the first one!

Though I will chime in and say I did get a small laugh that the seller is a moderator, and someone who joined just over a week ago with a handfull of posts is trying to police her about what she can and cant do, implying that she is not "playing by the rules".. :P

[quote name='KasbahBazaar' timestamp='1327619670' post='536740']
[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1327619189' post='536738']
[/quote]

I was explained the rules by a moderator yesterday and spoke with a different one today and by their definitions of the rules this is not allowed so I wont be doing it because all my life I have played by the rules and have done just fine that way. I don't want to further clutter this thread with responses so I figure if it's a big enough of a deal someone else will handle it.
[/quote]

Ok. Sounds like you are already in the process of being approved as a vendor. If you have already stated your intention of becoming a vendor, why wouldn't you be bound by the rules that apply to vendors?

How do your private conversations with the mods impact the rest of us? Is there a posted rule that has been broken here? If a member is not actively working towards becoming a vendor, why would that member be labeled as a vendor with out their consent?

I agree with you about the clutter, so I'm done with this.

If I'm wrong about the rules, I would like for a mod to let me know.

Katie, I appologize about having this discussion in your thread, but it hardly seems worthy of its own thread.

Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1327625275' post='536747']
Beautiful pipes Katie, wish I had the cash to pick one up, especially the first one!

Though I will chime in and say I did get a small laugh that the seller is a moderator, and someone who joined just over a week ago with a handfull of posts is trying to police her about what she can and cant do, implying that she is not "playing by the rules".. :P
[/quote]
  • Upvote 1

All he is saying is that it seems fishy Is all. I myself wonder where Katie gets all these pipes to sell, but that's none of my business. As long as she isn't breaking any rules (which she isn't) I don't see a problem.
  • Upvote 1

i agree with mike, it could come off as weird, especially considering she is the rep for tangiers. for someone that is ignorant to the members here (i don't mean this in a mean or condescending way at all), i can understand why he could find it suspicious, especially if he is trying to become a vendor and he is following the rules, so lay off the new guy a bit.
  • Upvote 2