Looky What Came In The Mail Today.

So I wake up and go downstairs to get something to eat....and what do I see?

The box was well packed. I mean it was taped well, I didn't expect any bubble wrap for just tobacco.
[img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8320/photo0168p.jpg[/img]

Oooooooo the goodies!! :D
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2585/photo0172y.jpg[/img]

Free coco tips! ^_^ I know it's just coco tips, but it's always nice to find something free in the package! I like them!
[img]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4518/photo0174u.jpg[/img]

I ordered this on Wednesday (June 6th), and it shipped out on Thursday (June 7th), and I got it today (June 15th), I'd say pretty damn good time since it came from US to India. I got it from 5starhookah.com

I will add this to the review thread too, but just so this does not end up being too thin of a thread, I want to mention that since this was my first order from a US vendor, I had a zillion questions regarding everything, and Alex responded to all my emails quickly enough with prompt and precise replies. The guy was very very patient with me, and when I mailed him (twice) about my package being shown as 'just accepted' on the USPS website, he personally went down to the post office both times and got me the real status of the package when he really didn't need to as his part in this transaction was pretty much over when he had shipped it out, and I can't thank him enough for taking the pain.

Now I don't know personally about the customer service of other vendors, but I recognize quality when I see it, and they are it!

---------------x---------------x---------------x---------------x---------------x---------------x---------------x---------------x---------------x---------------x---------------x

Anyway, I have some questions regarding the baccy! Out of 6 months of summer, and 5 months of winter, I was stupid enough to order it during the 1 month long rainy season, means the humidity is off the charts! Currently at 80% and expected to be 93% in 3 hours.

So I am leaving the noir packed, as it can be problematic with such high humidity. But what do you suggest about which Lucid I should open first? :) I want to be blown away by some tangiers goodness!!

Well, the topic of whether or not static starlight or Indian summer is better is about has heated as republican or democrat. I would assume people are going to vote more towards static starlight, but it's still gonna be a close opinion.

Personally, I think you should open Indian summer first. An amazzzinggg flavor, very sweet, dark, complex, but also floral. Not floral like jasmine, rose or any other floral for that matter. Indian summer is an awesome fucking flavor, simply and bluntly put. Open it up!!!!!

Enjoy, and congratulations on an awesome tobacco purchase!

Oh thanks Dave! Ordering from the US is expensive as shit for me so I did a lot of research before ordering these. Good to see that Indian Summer Vs Static Starlight is debate worthy! :)

And I am not known to be a man of patience, so I hardly waited 5 mins after posting the thread and opened up the Indian Summer, and depending on how long it takes it to acclimate, and how good I can get it to smoke in this weather, I may open up the Static Starlight too. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a quick question though, I am about to smoke AF mint in the same room in which IS is acclimating and something is telling me that may be a bad idea?

You're Indian... open the Indian Summer NAOW!!!!

:)

Nah, but seriously, open it... Indian Summer and Static Starlight are my two favorites. Just open them both. K-Guava I cannot speak for; haven't tried it yet.

Oh you didn't read my second reply Chris. :P I already opened up the Indian Summer, and it smells very dark and floral...and damn the smell is so potent! I have it opened in my room but I can smell it from all the rooms on my floor! :) It was very hard to not pack a bowl and start smoking, I still smell some soy sauce in it so gonna wait till tomorrow!

I opened 1 bag first because I wanted to make sure that it can acclimate fine in this weather. Will definitely open up the Static Starlight if I can get Indian summer to smoke good! :)

Again, is it a bad idea to smoke something else in the same room in which your tang is acclimating? I am guessing it can't be too good since it can absorb some of that flavour?

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1310740772' post='516000']
Oh you didn't read my second reply Chris. :P I already opened up the Indian Summer, and it smells very dark and floral...and damn the smell is so potent! I have it opened in my room but I can smell it from all the rooms on my floor! :) It was very hard to not pack a bowl and start smoking, I still smell some soy sauce in it so gonna wait till tomorrow!

I opened 1 bag first because I wanted to make sure that it can acclimate fine in this weather. Will definitely open up the Static Starlight if I can get Indian summer to smoke good! :)

[b]Again, is it a bad idea to smoke something else in the same room in which your tang is acclimating? I am guessing it can't be too good since it can absorb some of that flavour?[/b]
[/quote]

i understand that you're supposed to smoke it where you acclimate it. if you're worried about flavor "transfer"...just close the container

It should be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to close it just in case.

As for the soy sauce, keep in mind that tangiers is much more different in flavor and complexity than nearly every brand existant. It has a strong tobacco undertone, in taste and smell. Make sure after a while that you aren't TOO weary of the soy sauce smell, mistaking soy sauce for strong tobacco undertone. It IS lucid afterall.

However, I trust you've done your studying and are knowing what to look for. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you love your first tang session.

K-Guava is very good, I just got some the other day. As far as smoking in the same room that you're acclimating I don't think it will do any harm unless it's a ridiculously tiny sealed space in which case CO would probably be a bigger concern :P

[quote name='antouwan' timestamp='1310745479' post='516002']
[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1310740772' post='516000']

[b]Again, is it a bad idea to smoke something else in the same room in which your tang is acclimating? I am guessing it can't be too good since it can absorb some of that flavour?[/b]
[/quote]

i understand that you're supposed to smoke it where you acclimate it. if you're worried about flavor "transfer"...just close the container
[/quote]

[quote name='Matto' timestamp='1310746492' post='516005']
K-Guava is very good, I just got some the other day. As far as smoking in the same room that you're acclimating I don't think it will do any harm unless it's a ridiculously tiny sealed space in which case CO would probably be a bigger concern :P
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up Matto. I searched and searched for the top notch kashmir flavours before ordering this, but found very few (none in the review section here). I had my eyes on K guava since the moment it came out, guava being one of my favourite fruits, definitely more than cherry or peach. :)

My question regarding smoking was, that I was about to smoke [u]AF mint[/u] in the same room where IS was acclimating, and was wondering if it's a good idea or not, since my dad is not aware that I smoke so I really couldn't keep it anywhere else without danger, anyway, my brother has gone out of town so I kept it in his room while I was smoking mint. ^_^

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1310746338' post='516003']
It should be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to close it just in case.

As for the soy sauce, keep in mind that tangiers is much more different in flavor and complexity than nearly every brand existant. It has a strong tobacco undertone, in taste and smell. Make sure after a while that you aren't TOO weary of the soy sauce smell, mistaking soy sauce for strong tobacco undertone. It IS lucid afterall.

However, I trust you've done your studying and are knowing what to look for. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you love your first tang session.

[/quote]

Not really, I've never smoked tangiers before so all my knowledge is only theoretical. :D But yes, it is definitely soy sauce smell, since my curiosity got the better of me and I opened Static starlight as well, and if not for the labels, I can't tell any difference in their smell. :)

Oh acclimation, you heartless bitch!

What did I do to upset the Tangiers Gods? :( :( :( :(

I was washing my crown micro phunnel after smoking AF mint and just as I was done and was taking it back, it slipped out of my hands......it hit a slab just may be 6 inches below my hand and god did I have to pull out some moves to stop it from falling down on the concrete floor!

[img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1026/photo0175k.jpg[/img]

I checked and it still works.....but it's broken and I am so sad. :( Does anyone have any experience with glass cutting or something? I just kept looking at it for 15 mins and wanted to cry and I want to fix it!!!!!!

Sorry tang gods that I smoked AF mint in your presence. I will certainly remember it.

[b][u]Sorry Chris![/u][/b]

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1310763514' post='516033']
Ouchhhhh. That sucks man. The one piece of advice I can give you in times like these is "If it's a good product and it works, don't worry about it's asthetics." Sorry about your bowl, but if it smokes, keep on truckin.
[/quote]

Well the worst part is that Indian currency is almost 50 times weaker than US, so a $25 bowl + $12 shipping equals like 1600 bucks for me. :( I just smoked some berry+mint again (after apologizing in advance to tang gods), and it works and everything, but the one thing I didn't foresee after it broke was that there is no way to put it on the table and wrap the foil on it, so I have to first put it on the hookah and then foil it and poke the holes and everything...I mean yeah it works, but very inconvenient. Also, the silicone gaskets are a no go, since it cut the one I was using while I was putting it on. Not to mention, I'll have to be VERY careful while washing it now because one slip and it can seriously cut me.

I am gonna go out tomorrow and look for people that deal in glass and glass cutting, and see if they can do anything about it.

I was so fucking excited when I got the tang, but now I is just sad. :(