Advice For My Future...

Right, heres the deal, I had the slovene version of finals which decide my score for signing into university. Now if by chance I fucked up physics (im pretty sure I didnt but results are approaching and im getting nervous) I can re do it, but then I sign into uni at a later date meaning I have less of a chance of being accepted or just go to some other university... Should I spend my time at some university I dont like or risk not being accepted this year and get a job for a year then try again next year? This whole worrying about the future is a new thing to me, Ive been living pretty carefree up until now...

Go to school and arrange a transfer later if necessary. School isn't about liking the place - upper education isn't about whether you like the place or not. It's about getting the skills and certification to set you up for the rest of your life. You want to base that on whether or not you "like" the place? Every degree has more than one option. Even medical school gives you options from psychiatry to surgery. You most likely don't know EXACTLY what you want to do for a living the rest of your life, but you probably have some general idea. So pursue education full force as hard as you can now to give you the flexibility and options to make more opportunities later. Find all your options surround the degree you're going for, and focus on that. To heck with the scenery.

'Rani
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1309719824' post='514497']
Go to school and arrange a transfer later if necessary. School isn't about liking the place - upper education isn't about whether you like the place or not. It's about getting the skills and certification to set you up for the rest of your life. You want to base that on whether or not you "like" the place? Every degree has more than one option. Even medical school gives you options from psychiatry to surgery. You most likely don't know EXACTLY what you want to do for a living the rest of your life, but you probably have some general idea. So pursue education full force as hard as you can now to give you the flexibility and options to make more opportunities later. Find all your options surround the degree you're going for, and focus on that. To heck with the scenery.

'Rani
[/quote]

I was going to say EXACTLY that, but Rani says it better! Good luck!
Brenda

Go to school. I've seen it happen with my friends- If they wait, they don't end up going. Also, those who said, "I'm just going to take the semester off," never ended up going back.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309717432' post='514495']
You're 18? Well... I'd get started at College. If you take a year off you will get less motivated to start school again. IMO.
[/quote]

People told me for a long time to take a year off, even my parents who pushed me to get education, but I feared that same thing. Ended up scrapping my BA, got my AAS, here it is 7 years later married 2 kids and trying to start back in January.

If you think you need time off to figure out what you want to do, do it. Don't waste your time in college and not finish... trust me it sucks...

I know what I want to do, but Im not sure if I can make it in for sure this year, I`m gonna do my best to make it and if I cant I`ll apply for something else and transfer next year, seems like a pretty good way of dealing with it imo

OH YEAAAAH! I DID IT! I PASSED ALL MY EXAMS AND MY FUTURE IS LOOKING BRIGHT! This counts as one of the best things ever in my life, and I think it is now time for a celebratory smoke :)

[quote name='Bawhee' timestamp='1310529287' post='515737']
OH YEAAAAH! I DID IT! I PASSED ALL MY EXAMS AND MY FUTURE IS LOOKING BRIGHT! This counts as one of the best things ever in my life, and I think it is now time for a celebratory smoke :)
[/quote]

congrats !

what kind of degree are you aiming for ?

• 3 weeks later...