Rolland Quicklight Coals

rattler

Rolland instant lites. Ok I bought a roll of 10 for 99 cents just to see what they were like. Not very good. Slow to light and give off a horrendous smell until fully lit. They sometimes pop and explode(wow that was exciting). They also sometimes randomly decide to give off a gunpowder taste when smoking. They burn down very quickly compared to the Easy-lite by the same brand. These things are NOT the answer for convenience. I would rather die of a nicotine fit than ever buy another roll of these things again!

• 2 weeks later...
Rolland quick lites

Let me start this by saying i would rather use a brisket coal than these again. Now that thats been covered:

Easyness to light: Very slow to light, unless you have a butane lighter, youre gonna be one frustated person with these.

Odor: smells horrible while lighting and if you mistankenly inhale it, youre in for a serious headache.

Taste: They put a wierd taste to the shisha, sometimes stronger at times but always present.

Length: Id say they last the whole of about 15 minutes, maybe 20 if you're lucky

I might also add that they break up veeeeeery easily and sloppily and that they ash the absolute worst of any brand ive tried. Maybe I just got a bad batch but i will never try them again and I strongly recommend everyone to run away as fast as they can if they ever see them on a hookah.

• 3 months later...
This is my first post and unfortunetly its not a very good one. I had a bad encounter with rolland quicklites. I had JUST boguht my hookah. Its only a 16 inch. I tried MANY different ways on how I put the bowl together. all I can say is I had nothing but a terrible experience with it and a terrible terrible headache for a few hours. It tastes terrible even after all the top layer is burnt off but I will try again tommorow one more time.

The sad thing is, before I went out and bought one pack of these rolland quicklites, I happend to hop on ebay and buy a 100 pack for 15 bucks... So far besides the hookah bar near me, I have had bad experiences on my own... But I am going to go make another post. But yeah, rolland instant-lite's are poo.

• 2 months later...
Rolland Instant-Lite Charcoal

Ease of Litening - Well, all I had was a lighter, it took maybe about 1 minute to get them some what lit, then another 5 to blow on them so they can fully get lit.

Smell: It doesn't really smell too bad, has that gun powder smell though.

Taste: like crap! I couldn't even taste the shisha, it just tasted like butane.. it ruind the hookah experiance.

Ash: It was pretty ashy, had to blow the ash of every couple of minutes.

Overall: If you are smart you will not buy this, they taste like crap, take forever to light up, and leave you with the biggest headache ever.

Sucks this had to be my first post.. I just purchased my hookah and it came with these quicklites... I hope to be posting here more, thanks! Edited by loonibab

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
rolland easy light coals

i've had these coals for about a year now...when i first got them i absolutely hated them...the couple i tried shattered all over me giving me a couple severe burns...needless to say i didn't use them for a long time. i ran out of 3k's, and wanting to have a smoke, well i didn't have much of a choice. I've got to say, at this point i'm thinking they're pretty decent. I want to get a box of real japanese coals, but i don't know if the price/advantage benefit is worth it. we'll see when i get a box of the japanese.

Easy of lighting: Eh, not too bad. takes longer than a quick light, and is a lot more intensive than touching a lighter to it and having it spark. i got a 4"x4" piece of stainless steel from the hardware store, drilled about 40 holes all over it, and set that over a gas stove, put the coals on there, and by the time i'm finished packing the bowl and setting everything else up they're red hot, and with just a little blow on them all the silver comes off.

Smell: when these things are starting the smell is horrid...it's a really strong charcoal and lighter fluid smell...worse than 3k's in my opinion, just a terrible smell. Once they're all red hot, though i notice no smell. pretty nice

Taste: There's a little bit of a chemical taste when you're first starting up the bowl, but once it starts to smoke, there's no difference in taste to naturals...

overall-6. they're pretty decent coals that last for a hell of a long time considering their size, usually a good 50-60 min per quarter, but i usually chill on the bowl, rather than smoking as much as i can, so that helps them to last. the only thing that really takes them down to a 6 is their inconsistency even within a box. I've had some that just never lit, some that have shattered, and a large number that work perfectly. So, just something to keep in mind.

• 1 year later...
Roland Quicklight (free sample)

Easyness of lighting - These are not coals they are fucking fireworks....I have never seen quicklights pop and explode like these. It was seriously scary. To top it off they didnt even light well, only the coner lit and then had to throw them on the stove to finish the process.

Smell: Horrible, like burning death.

Taste: Yeah tastes like coal.

Ash: Uniform ash and it stuck to the coal...somewhat.

Duration- Dont know couldnt finish the bowl.

Overall: 1/10 (only cuase they produced heat) If you like the taste of coal you will love these coals. Gave me a headache, and made me remember why I never use quicklights.

• 1 month later...
Rolland Instant Lights

A month or two back I bought a 100pc. box of Rolland instant lights. they have worked OK for me for the past couple of months.

Time to light = around a minute

Sparks = they do spark, a bit like fireworks, but I dont hold them close to me when lighting

Carbon Monoxide Emission = the CO emitted off of these instant lights is a bit duller than off other instant lights I have tried

Heat = they give off an even heat, as long as you move them around your bowl every so often

Duration = the coal itself lasts about 20-40 minutes, ashing it around 4 times per coal. the duration is affected by the environment around the coal

Flavor = they dont give off flavor, given the fact that the way I pack my bowl doesnt allow the charcoal to give off any flavor to my shisha

The key with Rolland instant lights is to move it around a bit after you put it on your bowl and to not light it near you or anything that could potentially catch on fire. This coal is an OK coal, not quality, but not shit as well.

Overall I will give it a 7.5/10

BryceSSC