Should Obama Be Asked To Return His Nobel Peace Prize?

mustafabey

Obama's Nobel peace Prize  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Obama be made to return the Nobel Peace prize?

• Yes, what's he done for peace
    • No
    • Give it to Pfc Bradley Manning
    • Split it between Ahmedinejad and Kim Sung Il
    • I truly don't give a shit

I read an article about the Chinese commotion about giving out the Nobel peace prize to jailed Chinese dissident named Liu. In the article it was suggested that Obama return his. peace failed in the Middle East, nothing happening in Iran and saber rattling and rhetoric is mounting against China these days. One suggestion was that Obama's returned prize be given to Pfc. Bradley Manning, the WkiLeaks leaker, because the release of those documents will do more for world peace that Obama ever has. Example cited: After Iran read how Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states backed an attack on Iran's nuke facility, it toned its rhetoric down.
Addenda: I was a supporter of Obama being a recepient of the peace prize. I bought hope and change hook line and sinker and all I got was more Bush

The Nobel society has long been a joke, this was just one more example of their political agenda.

hope and change.... That's what you get when you vote for a bumper sticker slogan; An uninformed electorate voting for an unqualified, and inexperienced candidate. We got what the US public deserved. Time to suck it up, and remember not to repeat the mistake.

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1291963644' post='490843']
and remember not to repeat the mistake.
[/quote]

Sarah Palin

I don't know why he was given the Nobel Peace Prize to begin with. It would have been smarter for him to publicly decline the Award from the beginning. I think the reason why nothing is getting done is because everybody is too busy fighting against what Obama wants for the country instead of working on a solution to the problems. They were fighting from the beginning, and didn't want him to get anything done.

There is a trend with how the election process works.. One party screws everything up. The other party complains about it, and the people vote for that party. Then, that party screws everything up, so the people vote for the party that screwed up the country before. Repeat as necessary.

Voters need to realize that the party system sucks. It has always sucked and will continue to suck. I'm starting to think it's just designed to distract the people and get them to fight amongst themselves so they never get to deal with the real issue at hand.

[quote name='thatonethere' timestamp='1292234295' post='491114']
I don't know why he was given the Nobel Peace Prize to begin with. It would have been smarter for him to publicly decline the Award from the beginning. I think the reason why nothing is getting done is because everybody is too busy fighting against what Obama wants for the country instead of working on a solution to the problems. They were fighting from the beginning, and didn't want him to get anything done.

There is a trend with how the election process works.. One party screws everything up. The other party complains about it, and the people vote for that party. Then, that party screws everything up, so the people vote for the party that screwed up the country before. Repeat as necessary.

Voters need to realize that the party system sucks. It has always sucked and will continue to suck. I'm starting to think it's just designed to distract the people and get them to fight amongst themselves so they never get to deal with the real issue at hand.
[/quote]

The world was so glad GW Bush was gone and they bought the whole Obama hope and change thing. They figured his vision would change the way America did business. Whether the do nothing status of government today results from the actions of the"party of no"(of course Obama's own party is not cooperating either) or because Obama's campaign rhetoric was mostly just a well scripted drama designed to get votes, or because he found the system so rotten that he couldnt govern without selling out(GW Bush did OK ruling by executive order),certainly not much is happening in Congress and we may all get a tax increase because these idiots are more interested in their own agendas than the people. Another thing that comes up from time to time is the racist thing. Now everybody is going to deny it, but living, as i do deep in the middle of hillbilly central,I see its certainly an issue here with many people of different economic brackets. Racism is an ugly thing and no one is going admit to it, but if you listen to someone like rush Limbaugh you hear an aweful lot of thinly veiled racism. Then again the opposition is going to use any ammo they have to win and the republicans have used hate and fear well over the years. One sees the democrats beginning to try these methods(Larry Summers.. double dip recession is coming ) and wonders what Pelosi and Reid will do with this when they become the minority(too inept and divided to pull it off is my guess)

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1292237983' post='491116']
[quote name='thatonethere' timestamp='1292234295' post='491114']

[/quote]

The world was so glad GW Bush was gone and they bought the whole Obama hope and change thing. They figured his vision would change the way America did business. Whether the do nothing status of government today results from the actions of the"party of no"(of course Obama's own party is not cooperating either) or because Obama's campaign rhetoric was mostly just a well scripted drama designed to get votes, or because he found the system so rotten that he couldnt govern without selling out(GW Bush did OK ruling by executive order),certainly not much is happening in Congress and we may all get a tax increase because these idiots are more interested in their own agendas than the people. Another thing that comes up from time to time is the racist thing. Now everybody is going to deny it, but living, as i do deep in the middle of hillbilly central,I see its certainly an issue here with many people of different economic brackets. Racism is an ugly thing and no one is going admit to it, but if you listen to someone like rush Limbaugh you hear an aweful lot of thinly veiled racism. Then again the opposition is going to use any ammo they have to win and the republicans have used hate and fear well over the years. One sees the democrats beginning to try these methods(Larry Summers.. double dip recession is coming ) and wonders what Pelosi and Reid will do with this when they become the minority(too inept and divided to pull it off is my guess)
[/quote]

Actually I understand it was for his books. Haven't read them, don't know if he deserved it, but not going to join the sour grapes brigade. Because, he's certainly doing more for world peace than any of us sitting here griping are, isn't he?

'Rani

I'm not upset at all, I just hope (there's that word again) that he is able to get something done before his term is up. I just have the sneaky suspicion that he's going to be a one term president. I will read his books in the future. It could lead to understanding why he received the award. Who knows.

That is all.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think it was ever really explained too well why he was given the model in the first place(or i was too flippant about it to read into it). I totally forgot about it altogether after initially considering the nobel prize to be a joke. Obama promised to do a lot of unrealistic things and a lot of people believed it. I don't think he was trying to fool anyone, so much as he was not realistic in how things actually work in this country. While I certainly am not a democrat and didn't vote for Obama.. I can't say for certain that McCain would have done any better(or worse for that matter).