Rally To Retore Sanity

mustafabey

No I didn't go, but I wish I did. I am enclosing a CNN opinion that sums things up well, at least from where I stand. Now i know crowd estimate is no an exact science, but it appears this one was larger than Beck's and larger than the liberal gathering. So cool!

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/10/31/avlon.rally.sanity/index.html?hpt=T2"]Rally[/url]

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1288555504' post='486933']
No I didn't go, but I wish I did. I am enclosing a CNN opinion that sums things up well, at least from where I stand. Now i know crowd estimate is no an exact science, but it appears this one was larger than Beck's and larger than the liberal gathering. So cool!

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/10/31/avlon.rally.sanity/index.html?hpt=T2"]Rally[/url]
[/quote]

No, it appears the restoring-fear ralley about 40% of what the Restoring Honor project was-but I guess with outcome-based math, you can call it larger if that is what floats your dingy.

Did you see the mess those idiots left afterward? Typical liberal crowd.
With all the media coverage they could get, and the big $ backing from libbie foundations, that is the best they could do? Epic fail.

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1288813644' post='487186']

[/quote]

No, it appears the restoring-fear ralley about 40% of what the Restoring Honor project was-but I guess with outcome-based math, you can call it larger if that is what floats your dingy.

With all the media coverage they could get, and the big $ backing from libbie foundations, that is the best they could do? Epic fail.
[/quote]

Well after this morning my fear returned. Nobody restored anything and our Republican house now declares we are going to go backwards and reverse everything Obama did and quite a bit of what Rossevelt did. Enentually we will retore peace in Middle east though, as the republicans regress they will meet the taliban somewhere around the 7th century. Boy, what fun they'll have, Christine O'Donnel and Mullah Omar can discuss the evils of masturbation, Sarah Palin and Gulbuddin Hekmatyr can chat about the various views of Russia they can see from their house. Rank and file can burn books and tear down schools and take comfort in the reality of a flat earth. Oh yes we'll all be restored and for all those looney littering liberals we can have their hands cut off and solve the littering problem forever. But truth is progress happens and the past will left behind in the dust, and while America goes backward some other smarter nation will move completely into the 21st century. Time to learn Chinese??

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1288818574' post='487191']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well after this morning my fear returned. Nobody restored anything and our Republican house now declares we are going to go backwards and reverse everything Obama did and quite a bit of what Rossevelt did. Enentually we will retore peace in Middle east though, as the republicans regress they will meet the taliban somewhere around the 7th century. Boy, what fun they'll have, Christine O'Donnel and Mullah Omar can discuss the evils of masturbation, Sarah Palin and Gulbuddin Hekmatyr can chat about the various views of Russia they can see from their house. Rank and file can burn books and tear down schools and take comfort in the reality of a flat earth. Oh yes we'll all be restored and for all those looney littering liberals we can have their hands cut off and solve the littering problem forever. But truth is progress happens and the past will left behind in the dust, and while America goes backward some other smarter nation will move completely into the 21st century. Time to learn Chinese??
[/quote]

Scotsman is stirring embers for the fun of it, and neither of the two big parties won anything last night. Or didn't anyone notice the GOP "celebration" was quite, ahem "subdued"? That's because it wasn't so much Democrats that got spanked but "old guard" of which the Republican party is just as much a part of. Nearly all the turn-over seats were won by what you might call "new blood" put forward by the Tea Party, as opposed to the "old guard" the Democratic Party was supporting. The DNC didn't have the sense to put forward candidates that had youth and enthusiasm, instead going with what they thought were the tried and true. They completely failed to realize that the American people are fed up with all of them from either party. The fact that the Tea Party is by ticket affiliated with the GOP, is what won the GOP it's seats. They're going to be quite surprised when they try to work with these people because most of them are rebels and are unlikely to tow the party line. Some analysts predicted that people would intentionally vote this into place for the stalemate it would create to hamper Congress from screwing anything else up. They can't do anything, especially more damage, if they can't agree.

The GOP is already backing away from their previous determination for the repeal of "Obamacare". They're already talking about it being a down the road fight - meaning they're never going to get around to much more than a casual wave at it.. Intentionally, because they wanted to use it as a rallying cry, not actually do much about it. They gutted financial reform to the point where they don't have to bother with it at all. The fact is, it's pretty much going to be more of the same under a red banner instead of blue. None of them really give a rat's ass about any of us. They belong to the only party they think matters - their own. Anyone who thinks otherwise, well, I'm sorry but I think your intelligence is in doubt.

As far as Obama is concerned, hopefully this was a wake up call for him to quit feeling like he has to play nice with those on the Hill that actively hate him to the point where they will destroy the country just to get him out of office. Scotsman, say what you will, most of the Congress who despise him, do so because of his skin color. It's just not politically correct to say so openly these days. These old dudes are still children of before the civil rights whether they admit it or not. I know someone who's sister is an aide right now, and he tells me that the most common thing heard out of the microphones reach about the President is "that black son of a bitch". Shows you where their minds really are.

I do think it's possible that Obama may surprise people. He may just win re-election easily. The Tea Party, high on these mid-terms, will put forward Palin who will look like such a damn idiot that they'll vote against her in behalf of him. Especially if the economy has improved by then which the pundits say that it will have just by they general cyclic nature of things. Meanwhile, he's already done the most unpopular things on his agenda, and now he can work on those issues that people are reportedly behind him on. Especially if we're withdrawn from Afghanistan at that time. People have very short memories when it comes to the election and they tend to buy into the ads. Just the nature of the electorate.

As far as political sanity is concerned, that's not going to reappear until a couple years after we all finally get completely fed up, march on Washington and tar and feather the lot of them.

'Rani

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

About time.

Time for the deadbeats to get a job
time for the moochers to find out the teat is dry
time for the progressives to figure out America is not full of progressives.
time for the President to figure out that calling 1/2+ of America his "enemy" is not the best idea in the word, and goes a long way to explaining the libby mindset.

Chinese, hell, that comes after the fed starts buying our own debt back with BS money. Progressive Bush-league spent us into a hole, progressive-Bamster doubled that in two years. Anything that resembles gridlock is good now-at least the hole isn't getting dug any deeper by the fools.

How can we restore peace in the mid east? what has never existed, can not be restored.

I have a nice dirk, send the litterbugs over, but they need to bring their own bandages. Seriously, though, how a group leaves an area says allot about the level of civility, intelligence, and respect a group has.

The typical "rally for sanity" goers, I presume...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_23Nt5XumaU

Bahahaha.... *wheeze* *sputter* bahahahahah
They can argue, they can talk in circles-making jack for sense, They show up dressed like Hitler, but they can't read. That is funny. Maybe an argument for a voter-IQ test... or eugenics, I am not sure which yet.

I am with Rand Paul. A divided congress is not a bad thing.there will have to be some give and take or nothing will get done and sometimes nothing is a lot better than the wrong thing. The most fiscally responsible congresses have been split congresses.
Ray

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1288824538' post='487202']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Scotsman is stirring embers for the fun of it, and neither of the two big parties won anything last night. Or didn't anyone notice the GOP "celebration" was quite, ahem "subdued"? That's because it wasn't so much Democrats that got spanked but "old guard" of which the Republican party is just as much a part of. Nearly all the turn-over seats were won by what you might call "new blood" put forward by the Tea Party, as opposed to the "old guard" the Democratic Party was supporting. The DNC didn't have the sense to put forward candidates that had youth and enthusiasm, instead going with what they thought were the tried and true. They completely failed to realize that the American people are fed up with all of them from either party. The fact that the Tea Party is by ticket affiliated with the GOP, is what won the GOP it's seats. They're going to be quite surprised when they try to work with these people because most of them are rebels and are unlikely to tow the party line. Some analysts predicted that people would intentionally vote this into place for the stalemate it would create to hamper Congress from screwing anything else up. They can't do anything, especially more damage, if they can't agree.

The GOP is already backing away from their previous determination for the repeal of "Obamacare". They're already talking about it being a down the road fight - meaning they're never going to get around to much more than a casual wave at it.. Intentionally, because they wanted to use it as a rallying cry, not actually do much about it. They gutted financial reform to the point where they don't have to bother with it at all. The fact is, it's pretty much going to be more of the same under a red banner instead of blue. None of them really give a rat's ass about any of us. They belong to the only party they think matters - their own. Anyone who thinks otherwise, well, I'm sorry but I think your intelligence is in doubt.

As far as Obama is concerned, hopefully this was a wake up call for him to quit feeling like he has to play nice with those on the Hill that actively hate him to the point where they will destroy the country just to get him out of office. Scotsman, say what you will, most of the Congress who despise him, do so because of his skin color. It's just not politically correct to say so openly these days. These old dudes are still children of before the civil rights whether they admit it or not. I know someone who's sister is an aide right now, and he tells me that the most common thing heard out of the microphones reach about the President is "that black son of a bitch". Shows you where their minds really are.

I do think it's possible that Obama may surprise people. He may just win re-election easily. The Tea Party, high on these mid-terms, will put forward Palin who will look like such a damn idiot that they'll vote against her in behalf of him. Especially if the economy has improved by then which the pundits say that it will have just by they general cyclic nature of things. Meanwhile, he's already done the most unpopular things on his agenda, and now he can work on those issues that people are reportedly behind him on. Especially if we're withdrawn from Afghanistan at that time. People have very short memories when it comes to the election and they tend to buy into the ads. Just the nature of the electorate.

As far as political sanity is concerned, that's not going to reappear until a couple years after we all finally get completely fed up, march on Washington and tar and feather the lot of them.

'Rani
[/quote]

I like your sense of optimism, Rani. I was pleased to see that the majority of the wingnuts were rejected.

Five students from my school had a road trip to go to the rally; one wrote an article about his experience for our online school paper about it. I just finished editing it, and am not sure when it'll go online, but I will post a link to it when it does.