Recommend A First Hookah And Supplies

Going pretty well. Took a bit to get it started. The al waha strawberry tastes pretty good. Had no clue what to expect. Had to use two three kings coals to get it to start. Moving the coals every once and awhile. I can tell it def does relax you a bit. Having fun. Wish you were here :-)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad it's working. Ive never had AW strawberry, but I really like their orange cream. Do ya think you're "in" for a lil hookah of your very own? I'm gonna fire up a bowl of nakhla double apple/ Mizo mint after I get my kids to bed. Nothing says "me time" like a hookah and a movie. Yeehaw!

Thanks, gonna play around with it for a couple more nights. Then I should know if I am up for this 100%, but so far I like it ;-)

good deal. if you are using a standard bowl, i find that with Al Waha if i take 2 QL coals and break them in half and use 3 halves around the perimeter of the bowl it gets hot enough to smoke well, but not so hot as to burn. good luck tonight! Edited by Mikefu

hope you end up loving it like everyone else on the forum! and hopefully you get a chance to visit those places in boca i told ya about

Thanks guys =)

Im lighting it up in 5mins

hobohookah
tangiers spearmint

ill use 3 halves as recommended

im heading down south friday. ill end up in boca come hell or highwater ;-)

Ok, so the shop I went to today was out of stock of the qt. They had the bambino and piccalo though. :(

I'm heading down south tomorrow, maybe I can find a mya in Boca. If not I'll order one from an online vendor.

Oh another supply question.

Is the Heba Diffuser worth getting for the Qt?

My understanding is that it cools / reduces the sound / makes a little thicker smoke.... Do I have that right ?

[quote name='withoutink' timestamp='1282242720' post='479563']
Oh another supply question.

Is the Heba Diffuser worth getting for the Qt?

My understanding is that it cools / reduces the sound / makes a little thicker smoke.... Do I have that right ?
[/quote]

not worth it, i think it only reduces sound.

[quote name='withoutink' timestamp='1282242487' post='479562']
Ok, so the shop I went to today was out of stock of the qt. They had the bambino and piccalo though. :(

I'm heading down south tomorrow, maybe I can find a mya in Boca. If not I'll order one from an online vendor.
[/quote]

Bambino > QT, smooth heart and better looking.

The only thing I dont like about the Bambino, is that you cant add a second hose... While I know I most likely wont be smoking we many people often. The ability to add a second hose is nice. But I do like the look better.

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Ok...

Here is my shopping list for tomorrow ;-)[/size][/font]

Mya QT
Mya Hose Adapter
Nammor Small Hose
CH Natural Coals
Tongs

Short List:
HJ Alien Mini Phunnel

[quote name='withoutink' timestamp='1282262295' post='479603']
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]Ok...

Here is my shopping list for tomorrow ;-)[/size][/font]

Mya QT
Mya Hose Adapter
Nammor Small Hose
CH Natural Coals
Tongs

Short List:
HJ Alien Mini Phunnel

[/quote]

good list. i made a very similar order the other day, expecting it monday. i got a qt, small nammor, and a vortex bowl. was thinking about the funnel, but decided to try something different

Placed the order today with h-s. Just noticed I forgot to get the ch coals. :(

Guess I'll order the alien phunnel today and grab some from hj.

Can't wait to get the order. I ended up getting drk blue qt + blue Nammor.

[quote name='withoutink' timestamp='1282323071' post='479684']
Placed the order today with h-s. Just noticed I forgot to get the ch coals. :(

Guess I'll order the alien phunnel today and grab some from hj.

Can't wait to get the order. I ended up getting drk blue qt + blue Nammor.
[/quote]

if they have not shipped i am sure they would gladly add the coals. Personally i do not own the alien phunnel but have used it a couple of times and found it to be lacking.

yes the hj mini doesnt have much depth ...so Im guessing there is not much of a buffer when the top layer has been baked / a good bowl nonetheless for short sessions (40 mins to 1 hr) 1:30 if dense but kinda hard to do since its shallow Edited by Josh Hamilton

Looks like Hookah John already shipped what I ordered from him. Wow thats nice fast service! Havent heard anything from H-S about my order yet.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1282010099' post='479222']
[quote name='withoutink' date='16 August 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1282009960' post='479220']
oh he is bringing a tub of tangiers spearmint
[/quote]

Ooo, sounds nice!

On my QT, I had a small Nammor hose and a small Tangiers phunnel. Perfect setup, IMO.
[/quote]

Ditto.