Three Hookah Bars

nali

Okay, so there are four Hookah Bars in Saint Louis, Missouri that I know of:

1st one - Is down by the airport, right off Saint Charles Rock Road..... It's a pretty big Restaurant / Hookah bar. Family owned business, GREAT Hookahs... excellent food.
2nd - Delmar Loop: Layal.... It's a "hip" place to go and just relax, they play a lot of current chart topper songs, they do serve some food, and hookahs are OKAY...
3nd - Delmar Loop: Renoush, VERY Professional bar, they have the best drinks and probably the best hookahs I know of in Saint louis...
4th - Downtown - Washington .... Called Nara, surrounded by nightlife, very fun with large groups...

[quote name='nali' date='23 April 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1272078424' post='465193']

1st one - Is down by the airport, right off Saint Charles Rock Road..... It's a pretty big Restaurant / Hookah bar. Family owned business, GREAT Hookahs... excellent food.
2nd - Delmar Loop: Layal.... It's a "hip" place to go and just relax, they play a lot of current chart topper songs, they do serve some food, and hookahs are OKAY...
3nd - Delmar Loop: Renoush, VERY Professional bar, they have the best drinks and probably the best hookahs I know of in Saint louis...
4th - Downtown - Washington .... Called Nara, surrounded by nightlife, very fun with large groups...
[/quote]

I live in Kansas City and am aware of 2 Hookah Bars:

1. Jerusalem Cafe: Located in Westport. Wonderful authentic Middle Eastern Cuisine (Vegetarian Platter is amazing) and all Hookahs are around 40". They only use Al Fakher Shisha and are excellent at making suggestions.
2. Sinbads: Also in Westport. This is a fairly new establishment that is sketchy in my book. I was there at 4pm (roughly) and they were scheduled to open on the sign at 4pm, 20 minutes later, still no one in sight. No workers, doors locked and businesses across the street had nothing good to say. So while I have not been there yet, I will most likely not attend.

That's it for KC.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
if you live out in or around the west county check out zayna's off manchester and 270 heres a website
[url="http://www.zaynas.net/zaynas/index.jsp"]http://www.zaynas.net/zaynas/index.jsp[/url]

[quote name='nali' timestamp='1272078424' post='465193']

[/quote]

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
[quote name='hookaholic' timestamp='1283440448' post='481025']
if you live out in or around the west county check out zayna's off manchester and 270 heres a website
[url="http://www.zaynas.net/zaynas/index.jsp"]http://www.zaynas.net/zaynas/index.jsp[/url]
[/quote]

this is a shill if i have ever seen one.... they have two posts and this is one of them (from 2010)

zanyas is full of rich county kids trying to act like grwon ups
nara is filthy and full of drunk clubbers looking to drink more
ranoush nights is filthy also. (they nonwashable mya hoses)
horseshoe house serves starbuzz with a mod bowl and three kings...
double apple doesnt know what they are doing and gets crazy busy with fist pumping d bags
bbc has filthy hoses and under age drinking is promoted there
the vine is OK but you can only smoke outside
petra is a walking std. mya qts with stock mya hoses mod bowls and 3kings. they served me a hookah with no mouth tip bc they were out of tips... i walked out

i still need to go to the place nali talked about.

i stopped going out for hookahs in st. louis along time ago... sucks.. Edited by skeetsak

Zaynas is horrible. They use social smoke amd give you quick lights that are barely lit.
Ranoush nights is cheap but doesn't clean the hookahs and way over packs. It looks like a snocone before they put foil on.
Haven't been to Nara yet.
H2 is okay but won't give you tongs or extra unlit coals.
The vine was also okay just didnt stand out.
I work at double apple so I won't comment on that.
Bbc was actually pretty good when I went. Very clean.
Ya hala in st. Charles is good but stingy on coal.

I will say that double apple is the only place I know if in st. Louis with natural coal. And we try to make it full service where the customers don't have to do anything. If you don't like the club atmosphere come during the week then.

• 1 month later...
There's only one in Springfield (The Albatross - downtown on Walnut street) but my husband and I are thinking of opening another one down here. There was a smoking ban passed a few months ago so it won't be until that gets lifted (voting is on June 5th... Fingers crossed!). I know they've taken a pretty big loss when the ban was passed. The Albatross had to cough up $100 a day to keep their building a smokeable place. They recently got grandfathered in though, which is super awesome for them.

As far as hookah bars go, it's not the best. Very grungey and relaxed. There are things I definitely like about it (quality of hookahs and shisha, variety, very small building so it's very intimate and inviting, music choice, selection of cigars and pipes) but there are things that need improving, too. They do not serve any kind of food or drink in the business. They are located right next to a Jimmy Johns so that helps. The furniture is really beaten down, too. Just needs an overall upgrade.

It's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area!

• 4 months later...
This past weekend I was ou in stl in the delmar loop and I went to Ranoush hookah and coffe lounge. This is separated from the restaurant.

I must say that this place was pretty good.
I made good friends with the owner Riyad. We made a mix of some flavors and one that we came up with might go on the menu as a house mix 😁😁

He had af tobacco and the hookahs were mostly KM and a few MZ. The coal was a quick light coal but nothing that could be tasted.
The drinks were good from the tea to the shakeorato (spelling??)
Atmosphere was nice also. No couches or any thing but seating was comfy and he did have a bench running along side one wall.

If you are wanting a good smoke with a nice vibe and relatively decent price go here, I do suggest only eating at the restaurant and knly smoking at this cafe a few stops down from the restaurant.
Yes both share the name of ranoush.

Will be here again for sure.
8.3 out of 10 for me.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='nali' timestamp='1281683317' post='478760']
FYI: Layal in the loop has been closed and relocated... still trying to find it's new location.
[/quote]
Layal's owners now own the arabic market on the loop, Al Tarboush.

[quote name='nali' timestamp='1281683317' post='478760']
FYI: Layal in the loop has been closed and relocated... still trying to find it's new location.
[/quote]
they have all of their house mixes for sale at Al tarboush too.

• 10 months later...

there are a few good places you can go to get a good hookah in stl but i only know of two that use natural coals double apple and zaynas, double apple has a good club atmosphere esp during the weekend zaynas is set up more like a cafe, hookahs only ten bucks in the early evening and you can use natural tablets or coco naras all you have to do is tell them which you prefer. zaynas also has a retail selections of many different brands, occationally they get tangiers in on there menu and for retail, might be worth your time to check them out if your a serious hookah person.