Politicians Say The Darndest Things....

Stuie

Georgians I truly feel sorry for you.

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978145020

[quote name='Stuie' date='01 April 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1270140613' post='461286']

[url="http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978145020"]http://politics.gath...281474978145020[/url]
[/quote]

Isn't that funny? One has to wonder exactly what he thinks is holding an island up?

The bad part is that dumb bastard actually believes Guam will capsize. What collection of fools thought electing that guy was a good idea? Just think, that sort of brain is making laws that will control your life? There should be a big gold gong-show hook that pulls these jackasses off the floor when they demonstrate cosmically-extreme stupidity. I guess there is no wondering why this congress has the lowest ratings of any congress... ever.

To his credit, the Admiral manages to answer without beginning the response with the words "how stupid are you?"

[quote name='TheScotsman' date='01 April 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1270149472' post='461321']
[quote name='Stuie' date='01 April 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1270140613' post='461286']

[url="http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978145020"]http://politics.gath...281474978145020[/url]
[/quote]

Isn't that funny? One has to wonder exactly what he thinks is holding an island up?

The bad part is that dumb bastard actually believes Guam will capsize. What collection of fools thought electing that guy was a good idea? Just think, that sort of brain is making laws that will control your life? There should be a big gold gong-show hook that pulls these jackasses off the floor when they demonstrate cosmically-extreme stupidity. I guess there is no wondering why this congress has the lowest ratings of any congress... ever.

To his credit, the Admiral manages to answer without beginning the response with the words "how stupid are you?"
[/quote]

The problem is we don't know enough about our politicians. They keep as much of their lives (and attitudes) as private as they possibly can to get elected in the first place. And after they're elected they dig in deep so that you in return have to dig to find out when they even bother to show up at the Congressional building. Where is your Senator right now? Or mine? Are they doing their job or vacationing with the mistress in Argentina? And how did they vote on the last six bills put in front of them? We're not going to get rid of these idiots until we really do have total transparency on what they're doing so we can see how worthless they really are. Which is probably why they're fighting transparency so hard. Until we have it we're left basing our votes on whoever makes the more convincing speech at election time.

'Rani

You can see the Admiral thought about laughing he had to hold it in. Not saying we need to know every intimate detail about politicians but at least know the actually made it through the 4th grade.

That was disturbing. It's funny how someone like that can get elected when obviously no one knew that he doesn't know shit about anything important, such as basic geography, and how it's impossible for an island to capsize because of a growing population. Yet it's somehow important that everyone knows about Tiger Wood's love life. It's crazy that the average American knows more about celebrities than their own elected officials......

Lmao! He sounds like he's been smoking NHT before he went to the meeting.

It's still all over the news today about the GOP spending campaign funds at Voyeur (strip club) and just a few moments ago it hit the news that they just sent out a fund raising flyer with a misprinted phone number that sent callers to a sex line. Jesus, can they get any more incompetent??????

Conservatives everywhere are going to be claiming 3rd party affiliation any moment now..............

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' date='01 April 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1270170792' post='461408']
It's still all over the news today about the GOP spending campaign funds at Voyeur (strip club) and just a few moments ago it hit the news that they just sent out a fund raising flyer with a misprinted phone number that sent callers to a sex line. Jesus, can they get any more incompetent??????

Conservatives everywhere are going to be claiming 3rd party affiliation any moment now..............

'Rani
[/quote]

lol...you think a phone number would be something ud double check...but i guess not

[quote name='PSU Smoker' date='01 April 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1270177809' post='461419']
[quote name='Rani' date='01 April 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1270170792' post='461408']

'Rani
[/quote]

lol...you think a phone number would be something ud double check...but i guess not
[/quote]

Guess they thought they didn't have to double check, being the future of our country and all...........

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' date='01 April 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1270149886' post='461326']
[quote name='TheScotsman' date='01 April 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1270149472' post='461321']

[/quote]

[/quote]

The problem is we don't know enough about our politicians. They keep as much of their lives (and attitudes) as private as they possibly can to get elected in the first place. And after they're elected they dig in deep so that you in return have to dig to find out when they even bother to show up at the Congressional building. Where is your Senator right now? Or mine? Are they doing their job or vacationing with the mistress in Argentina? And how did they vote on the last six bills put in front of them? We're not going to get rid of these idiots until we really do have total transparency on what they're doing so we can see how worthless they really are. Which is probably why they're fighting transparency so hard. Until we have it we're left basing our votes on whoever makes the more convincing speech at election time.

'Rani
[/quote]

Every time I hear that clip I have to laugh. It's further proof the country is run by complete idiots.

The strip club is stupid, but not as bad as thinking Guam is floating about the Pacific on a giant pontoon. I wonder just how he thinks it stays in one place? giant anchors? Mermaids holding it? Makes Dan Quayle and his spelling look like a genius. But in any case, not knowing what is keeping Guam from spinning off into space, your own phone #, or tipping the strippers with the campaign credit card are not even close to the utter corruption of people like charlie rangle (D-NY) forgetting an 80K/year rental income, 100's of thousands in assents, and funneling 80K of the campaign money to his family members to "build a website" Willaim jefferson (D-LA) recieving more than 500,000.00$ in bribes, racketeering, soliciting bribes, wire fraud, money-laundering, obstruction of justice, conspiracy, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Good grief, give me a few thousand on the strippers over 100's of thousands in bribes, and payola. Hell, they are all crooks, that point is obvious-As I think about it, I would really rather have an honest rep that thought the smurfs were real, and Guam was floating on a giant whale's back, over a self-serving pocket-lining-criminal.

I really don't think the average idiot-voter in America even hears the first speech, convincing, or not. I really have to believe people vote on which name they recognize, followed by straight party-line, with minorities voting for someone from their minority group above any other criteria.

What I would really like to see is a ballot where the party affiliation, and incumbency are not shown. Just a ballot with the names in alphabetic order, nothing more. Maybe a 6 year term limit, and a 12 year moratorium on any public-sector service after a person is termed out. Won't do a damn thing about the lobbyist crowd, but at least the special interest would have to grease new palms every 6 years. Maybe a campaign spending limit based on the voting age population of an area.

I know, good luck with any of the above. But it would be nice to see, eh?

[quote name='Rani' date='01 April 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1270170792' post='461408']

'Rani
[/quote]

A fair number have, the Anti-RINO movement has cause a bit of split off from the mainstream republican party. Of course, they'd best find someone to rally behind or all they're doing is giving BHO another term...

[quote name='TheScotsman' date='01 April 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1270186760' post='461440']
[quote name='Rani' date='01 April 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1270149886' post='461326']

[/quote]

[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

Every time I hear that clip I have to laugh. It's further proof the country is run by complete idiots.

The strip club is stupid, but not as bad as thinking Guam is floating about the Pacific on a giant pontoon. I wonder just how he thinks it stays in one place? giant anchors? Mermaids holding it? Makes Dan Quayle and his spelling look like a genius. But in any case, not knowing what is keeping Guam from spinning off into space, your own phone #, or tipping the strippers with the campaign credit card are not even close to the utter corruption of people like charlie rangle (D-NY) forgetting an 80K/year rental income, 100's of thousands in assents, and funneling 80K of the campaign money to his family members to "build a website" Willaim jefferson (D-LA) recieving more than 500,000.00$ in bribes, racketeering, soliciting bribes, wire fraud, money-laundering, obstruction of justice, conspiracy, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Good grief, give me a few thousand on the strippers over 100's of thousands in bribes, and payola. Hell, they are all crooks, that point is obvious-As I think about it, I would really rather have an honest rep that thought the smurfs were real, and Guam was floating on a giant whale's back, over a self-serving pocket-lining-criminal.

I really don't think the average idiot-voter in America even hears the first speech, convincing, or not. I really have to believe people vote on which name they recognize, followed by straight party-line, with minorities voting for someone from their minority group above any other criteria.

What I would really like to see is a ballot where the party affiliation, and incumbency are not shown. Just a ballot with the names in alphabetic order, nothing more. Maybe a 6 year term limit, and a 12 year moratorium on any public-sector service after a person is termed out. Won't do a damn thing about the lobbyist crowd, but at least the special interest would have to grease new palms every 6 years. Maybe a campaign spending limit based on the voting age population of an area.

[/quote]

I personally think they choose their party affiliations based on which party they think they can win with. For instance, California traditionally elects Democratic senators, so any Californian who wants to be a Senator is going to most likely affiliate with the Democratic Party. They mouth the words, speak the speeches, but really they're just out to get themselves a cushy job that comes with a big ego boost. I don't think any of them care one iota beyond that. Party principles, constituents best interests, whatever. They could give a rats ass. I have no faith in any of them actually having a conscience. It's all about their egos and what feeds it.

'Rani

'Rani

[quote name='TheScotsman' date='01 April 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1270186760' post='461440']

[/quote]

[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

[/quote]

Georgians could have it worse... they could live in the same state Bachmann represents. There's a lunatic for you.

I just wonder what kind of great "genius" would vote for her in the first place.

Isn't it funny how she can parade around spouting nonsense 24/7 - but it's not newsworthy - it's just how she is so no point reporting it. Same goes for Boehner, Micheal Steele, Joe Wilson, and of course every Senator from Texas. It's hard to believe conservative Americans would actually want to be represented by these clowns.

Yet one Dem senator says something silly, and the networks have to jump on it. It just doesn't happen very often compared to the other folks.