Herbal Shisha! Experiences? Thoughts?

Hey all, I'm a long-time hookah smoker, new hookah buyer. I really like the herbal shishas, or the non-tobacco shishas, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere in stores... If anyone knows of a really good smoke shop in the Las Vegas area for shisha and hookah? Maybe somewhere I can find the non tobacco shisha or good priced hookahs? I also want to know about any experiences with herbal shisha, anything from good sellers to mixing?

you like herbal shisha and have been smoking for a while? somethings went terribly wrong here...

99.99% of herbal is terrible Saalaam is the only close to good one IMO, but you can read the review section and see what others think

Only Herbal that's good is Hydro and Saalaam.

Saalaam you can get on eBay and HookahCompany.com

Hydro you can get on eBay and Hookah-Shisha.com

My local Earthbound Trading Co. had a bunch of Hydro Herbal stuff that I guess no one was buying, it was $1 for a 50g box. So I bought some orange, spearmint, grape, lemonlime, mango, cherry, strawberry, and coffee. I have smoked about a bowl of each and while none of it was real bad, it wasn't great either. They just all had the same weird aftertaste. It was worth about a buck a box but not the $5.95 p/50g box that was the list price.

[quote name='T355' date='12 January 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1263339928' post='444863']
My local Earthbound Trading Co. had a bunch of Hydro Herbal stuff that I guess no one was buying, it was $1 for a 50g box. So I bought some orange, spearmint, grape, lemonlime, mango, cherry, strawberry, and coffee. I have smoked about a bowl of each and while none of it was real bad, it wasn't great either. They just all had the same weird aftertaste. It was worth about a buck a box but not the $5.95 p/50g box that was the list price.
[/quote]

Hell if mine is discounting it... I will go grab some more... gotta go check.

I remember when they had Layalina and Social Smoke Pipes and bowls... now it's all chinese crap

My girlfriend is not down with tobacco use at all. When we moved in together I smoked my hookah on the regular and she thought it looked fun, but didn't want to smoke tobacco. So I picked up some Hydro and she tried it and liked it a lot. I would rather stick with regular tobacco, but if it lets me smoke inside, I'll do the herbal. I've tried blueberry, strawberry and for Thanksgiving we had pumpkin spice. The fruit flavors were decent, but the pumpkin spice really surprised me. Very good flavor, and the bowl lasted forever.

[quote name='Stuie' date='13 January 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1263400077' post='445034']

Hell if mine is discounting it... I will go grab some more... gotta go check.

I remember when they had Layalina and Social Smoke Pipes and bowls... now it's all chinese crap
[/quote]

Was it on sale? Mine doesn't have a license to sell tobacco so all they have is Hydro and SOEX. They have several boxes full of all kinds of different flavors. But they do have a nice selection of hoses and bases.

If you really want some I can pick some up and send it to you for a trade of some sorts.

[quote name='shmokeandapancake' date='12 January 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1263286506' post='444699']
Hey all, I'm a long-time hookah smoker, new hookah buyer. I really like the herbal shishas, or the non-tobacco shishas, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere in stores... If anyone knows of a really good smoke shop in the Las Vegas area for shisha and hookah? Maybe somewhere I can find the non tobacco shisha or good priced hookahs? I also want to know about any experiences with herbal shisha, anything from good sellers to mixing?
[/quote]

I have seen it around before and I have a friend who bought a pack of Hydro once so I know you can find it.
The only shop I remember seeing some in is the one in the Vons shopping center at the village center circle.
I remember most of their products being quite overpriced though.