Michigan Meet

it's looking so far like that'll be no problem Sloppy.

We'll give it a few more days and one more future bump then more or less call it quits for forum peeps.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Canada, I replied to your PM. I forgot to say, bring your favorite setup! I'll get the specific address to everyone in the next day or so.

Looks like so far we have SloppyJoe, Canada, probably Tati, myself, Jeff, his fiance, my friend Eric (mansman here) and there will be room for y'all to bring a friend, leaving a few slots open for more of our friends.

WOO!

oh and thanks for changing the date camel smile.gif

no absolutely not no bumps whatsoever nope never uh uh no way no how

(thanks for the bump smile.gif )

I'll be PMing you all in the next day or so with address and final details, sorry I've been rather busy.

OK FOLKS, FINAL BUMP FROM THIS ROBOTIC WONDER!!!!!

I'll summarize things as they stand.

We are having a meet in Troy, Michigan at 4pm till who-knows-when for all the local narghile smokers that wish to show and we have opened up the invitation to forum members first.

There will be 3 setups that we will provide along with some coals and tobacco to use, although it is definately encouraged that you bring a setup and, if you wish, your favorite supplies and tobacco. We have mostly Al Fakher and Nakhla tobacco available in our personal stashes and HJ coconut coals for everyone to use. I only have one windcover so if you have one please bring it smile.gif

\/ \/ \/ * new * \/ \/ \/

We have a raffle planned that will be open to all that show and also smoke at home, so far we have a box of HookahJohn's CH coconut coals on the way to raffle off and will also have some tobacco and more than likely a hose or something similar included too. We're trying to keep costs down a bit for us since we aren't millionaires so if you feel like bringing something to include in the raffle feel free to do so, but it's not necessary by any means. I would LOVE to be able to raffle off a hookah but I don't think that'll be an option for us brokeasses lol.

You'll most likely have to play pin the hose on the hookah to enter the raffle simply so I can snap embarrassing blindfolded photos of you to post.

We'll have video games, munchies, beer, cards, and other basic entertainment setup as well. I'm making some music mixes, some downtempo chill stuff and some funky upbeat stuff as well.

So far we have:

Tati , Mansman , Jmorandall , Hookah S Moka , Myself , and SloppyJoe

from the forum, I'll PM you all the address today.

ANYONE ELSE WHO CAN MAKE IT LEMME KNOW!!! EITHER HERE OR THROUGH PRIVATE MESSAGE!!! WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU THERE!!!

If noone else responds in the next day, we'll open things up to those coming to bring a friend, please tell me if you plan to, it's really no big deal but we wanna get a decent headcount for planning purposes. After that we will invite some of our hookah inclined friends.

If all goes well, we'll throw more of these in the future, so let's make it good!

Feel free to post here or PM me with any questions or any suggestions, always looking for cool ideas to incorporate.

22 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!

no of course, we don't expect anyone to come from a great distance or anything or I know we'd have a huge crowd smile.gif

Thanks for the sentiment though smile.gif

We should do the next one a bit closer to everyone, maybe in Toledo? In a park or something?

QUOTE (joytron @ Sep 8 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn would love to come but alas it coincides with scrabble night...

anyone who would rather hang out and play scrabble with me and my seven cats, instead of hanging out with these two losers is more than welcome.

laugh.gif i'm in! i like kitties smile.gif

if you guys had a meet in so-cal you know how many people you could get to come? It's like half of the forum is somewhere in Cali.

And may it be known there will be 3 kitties at OUR party.

Johnny, June, and Peanut await you!

OK this forum needs a like button, lol
but for sure, ill be bringing my KM setup for all to use, just amazing with the phunnel, just wish i still had my Mini phunnel and didnt break it
and beer........ welll im there smile.gif
Just gotta wait now, will be a good night then.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Sep 19 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you guys had a meet in so-cal you know how many people you could get to come? It's like half of the forum is somewhere in Cali.

And may it be known there will be 3 kitties at OUR party.

Johnny, June, and Peanut await you!

I love hookah cats!

Hey guys! sorry for my extended absence from the forum.

I am really excited to see everyone geeked about the party. Big shout out to Ninja for arranging everything!

October 11th is going to be awesome, please feel free to bring anything or nothing. We don't want to make people feel obligated and we can all share. Only one of my cats enjoys entertaining guests but I hope that all three will come out to join us. I just got HD and a new big screen for anyone interested in watching football... Can't wait to see everyone here and thanks again to everyone.

P.S. I visited the internet cafe and talked to Jumah. He was interested in the hookah forum idea and had an awesome selection of hookah's and drinks. Also he stays open till 2 am so anyone in Troy looking for a late night hookah check out his spot.

6 days wee!

I need to warm up my lungs :/

Nope Tati don't care at all, feel free! I wanna see that pharonie in person though, are you planning to bring a setup?

Sounds great Tati. I'm still not sure on the full guest list but it's not going to be overwhelming or anything from the looks of it. MY fiance will be out of town but there are specific instructions to not smoke hookahs in the room with carpet. This shouldn't matter because I have mostly hardwood floors, and I will put some rugs down, but just F.Y.I in advance.

WHAA! So close.

I can't wait to have a day to just smoke and chill the fuck out. I need it. Geez.