Extra Chamber

Cerritus

fuck yeah! ive made mention at using a second water filter for a while, just never got around to doing it myself...

congrats man!

something that you should try: hot water in the first chamber, as hot water will filter the smoke better. then in the second chamber ice water to cool the smoke down to an except able smoking temperature.

Definitely very interesting. What is the top tube/downstem made of and what is creating the seal between it and the PVC (it looks like) chamber?

Here's the inside. The body is made of 4" PVC fittings. The top of the downstem is brass and the rest is copper. It's sealed with silicone anywhere it would have leaked. The pvc fittings make a great seal on their own so I didn't need a gasket and ir all still comes apart.

I thought I'd post this again, even though the extra chamber is situated differently. I posted these here many years ago when I was still in college. Oh the things I came up with when procrastinating from studying...

Please ignore the disgusting carpet also. We covered the original dorm tile with a section of carpet to prevent burns from destroying the tile, so we just tossed the carpet at the end of the year.

Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Sep 22 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Dreamer_1969 @ Sep 21 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[attachment=4165:PICT0009.JPG]  

qt to km to sirin ice 

Did this work, how well? Looks like an interesting set up. Was the pull pretty hard (constricted)?

yes it worked but if I only use the qt to the km its a lot easyer the puff  Edited by Dreamer_1969

QUOTE (Dreamer_1969 @ Sep 22 2009, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

qt to km to sirin ice 

Did this work, how well? Looks like an interesting set up. Was the pull pretty hard (constricted)?

yes it worked but if I only use the qt to the km its a lot easyer the puff 

I'm thinking about connecting my 34" KM to my 36" AF, or vice versa...do you think that would still work or does it only work on smaller hookahs?

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Sep 22 2009, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Dreamer_1969 @ Sep 22 2009, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

qt to km to sirin ice 

yes it worked but if I only use the qt to the km its a lot easyer the puff 

I'm thinking about connecting my 34" KM to my 36" AF, or vice versa...do you think that would still work or does it only work on smaller hookahs?

should work fine 

Cool, thanks, hopefully I will be able to try this this weekend. Shit, I just noticed you have not 2, but 3 hookahs connected together! I was wondering why you had to tips coming out the two hookah tops and why you were talking about a QT, now I see that QT in the background smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I used to have something with the same "idea" as this......lol

Ive never seen that with a Hookah though, really cool, the hot, then cold sounds like a really good Idea, I woulda never thought about it. Props man. Edited by Evilsquirrel

Are you sure you want that amount of heat near PVC? I wouldn't smoke out of that with a gun to my head.

The only place where PVC is okay in a hookah is the hose. By that point, the smoke has cooled enough that heat won't be touching the PVC.

• 2 weeks later...