My Homemade 36" Cheap Beast (~$10)

hyperlite09

My second attempt at a dirt cheap hookah.....and this one works. Amazingly. The stem goes all the way down to the bottom of the was Ice Mountain jug. Very sturdy. I drilled small holes in the bottom 1.5-2" of the pipe....diffuses wonderfully. One person hitting only uses the first .5" of holes; two hitting as hard as possible use an inch of the holes. Could be easily modified to accommodate more hoses...guessing could support 4? The green thing is a threaded cap for removing the wa-wa. Used household goop for seals.

I made the bowl (out of craft clay) to be phunnel-esque. Works terrific.
The jumbo coffee cup in the pictures was my ash bowl smile.gif
The tips are from a package of Peach Jewels (sp?) shisha. They're peach flavored and are delish. I tested using that shisha and the photos are using Strawberry Al-Waha.

[attachment=4039:photo_2_.jpg]
[attachment=4040:photo_5_.jpg]
[attachment=4041:photo_7_.jpg]

QUOTE (VdubGTI @ Aug 27 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (hyperlite09 @ Aug 27 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes and yes. The bowl was handmade to fit snug in the pipe. 'Kah sounds raw.

First things first, no 'Kah does not sound "raw" wherever that slang came from...

and second, are you even 18? its hard to tell in the pics. facepalm.gif

That is a matter of opinion, I believe, and you must not be anywhere near 18 if you've never heard "raw" before rolleyes.gif

FYI, I attend the University of Wisconsin sooo...Yes, I am of age.
Edited by hyperlite09

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Aug 27 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just throwing it out there, but PVC releases some pretty nasty shit when heated. I'm by no means a health or safety nut, but that's probably pretty high up there in the list of the worst possible things to make a stem out of lol.

Thanks for the info. I did not know that. This was more of an experiment than anything. I'm packing for school right now and only my real one (Ebony Mini; I know, cheap & Chinese, but it works very well) is coming along.

I would say to use something different. Yes PVC has some 'raw' stuff in there. jk.

Its pretty bad for you man. Plus your bowl is sitting right on it. So yeah...your sucking in some garbage with that already bad for you smoke.

Make it out of something different. Also a little thinner so you don't have to pull as hard. Then make the hoses out of something a tad wider. Other then that I'd say you were on to something.

BTW you can order a cheap chipped Egyptian bowl from H-S for $2. Maybe something a little better then that hand made clay one. Not that I'm saying it's not good. Just that the ones you pay for could be a little better constructed.

PVC will mess you up and not in a good way. If the smoke from the bowl touches PVC before it hits water, bad stuff is released. I've made a hookah out of a PVC stem before and those fumes will come from PVC. Good job on the homemade hookah but change the stem to copper, brass, or something foodgrade safe.
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
lol pvc and craft clay....not safe in he slightest. craft clay usually isnt meant to be used for anything except for looking pretty... pvc realizes terrible fumes..

there should be a metal safety thread on here, and a lot of threads on homemade hookahs..

its a sweet design for a one time use hookah, but unfortunately really unsafe. Edited by K1024

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with everyone else. and 'kah' sounds really bro......foo! [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

[quote name='AKammenzind' date='27 August 2009 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1251416102' post='400426']
Just throwing it out there, but PVC releases some pretty nasty shit when heated. I'm by no means a health or safety nut, but that's probably pretty high up there in the list of the worst possible things to make a stem out of lol.
[/quote]

Agreed 110% PVC and direct heat do not mix! take it from someone that has found out the wrong way