It Lives!

mushrat

QUOTE (RingsMaster @ Aug 31 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mush what power is that engine making and how much does the thing weigh, im a huge car guy and really like this little thing now i want to know everything about it lol, such a suspension rubber engine components lol stock block or is it modified?

Um..lesse..

It's a 1600 cc vw bug block. Im assuming its pretty stock. I dont know what it weighs but not much really, 4 speed bug trans, and with the brand new clutch and all its pretty fun for the driving around the block ive been doing. Got it insured again today. Tomorrow i will get it registered and inspected.

Its a hoot on I-40 doing about 70 before it died, i suspect it'll be even more fun now. smile.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mushrat @ Aug 31 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mush what power is that engine making and how much does the thing weigh, im a huge car guy and really like this little thing now i want to know everything about it lol, such a suspension rubber engine components lol stock block or is it modified?

Um..lesse..

It's a 1600 cc vw bug block. Im assuming its pretty stock. I dont know what it weighs but not much really, 4 speed bug trans, and with the brand new clutch and all its pretty fun for the driving around the block ive been doing. Got it insured again today. Tomorrow i will get it registered and inspected.

Its a hoot on I-40 doing about 70 before it died, i suspect it'll be even more fun now. smile.gif

mush, if you dont mind whats something like that cost to insure? and did you have to get some kind of approval from your city's town hall or some special license?

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Aug 31 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Aug 31 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um..lesse..

mush, if you dont mind whats something like that cost to insure? and did you have to get some kind of approval from your city's town hall or some special license?

I have state minimum Liability, about $200 every 6 months. Its got a Custom title but other than that it just needs a regular safety inspection, tags, annd the like.

QUOTE (RingsMaster @ Sep 2 2009, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
things is sweet ever think about taking her to s drag strip and seein what she puts down. she looks like a load of fun to drive, you got one sweeet ride there mush

Not in its present condition. It need a lot of structural work among other things. More of a fun little toy than anything else.

rolling it off a cliff?

No, anyways, i think i got it now. It appears a wire may have vibrated loose from the coil to part of the Carb and may have been grounding on the block. replaced all the wires that melted when i fixed the first wire with 10 gage wire and am hoping for the best.

Now if it would stop rainign i can get a ride out to where it's parked and drive it home. *sigh*

• 3 years later...
Had to replace a rear wheel bearing and a melted and bent axle shaft.

[attachment=5973:bent shaft.jpg]

[attachment=5974:523454_10150997830402486_1604756052_n.jpg]

[attachment=5975:291883_10150428817485820_1136096496_n.jpg]

[attachment=5976:316_35475505873_6657_n.jpg]