Comments and Suggestions Forum

Hey kind and noble knights of the Hookah Table,
Just a quick reminder for everyone. The "Serious Discussion Forum" is meant for comments and suggestions to the admin concerning administration and/or mechanics of the forum. There are some great suggestions and such posted here, and while all are appreciated, they will probably not get the exposure meant for them on THIS particular board. So, I will move them to the main discussion forum, where they can have better visibility.
Many, MANY tanks.
MR Bubble

Ah, poop-sticks! I meant to say: "Just a quick reminder for everyone. The "[b]Comments and Suggestions Forum[/b]" is meant for comments and suggestions to the admin concerning administration and/or mechanics of......"
You all smell what I'm stepping in and all.
MR Bubble

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
So, I was thinking...

Why dont we make a sticky in Discussion Group for all Hookah Lovers that we would call something like "The Tangiers Thread to End All Tangiers' Threads"...there are always a few aday looking for help and what not on tangiers...why don't we make one solely for tangiers as a sticky so that anyone can reference that for answers and questions...thought it might clear up a huge forum mess
just a thought

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ May 1 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I was thinking...

Why dont we make a sticky in Discussion Group for all Hookah Lovers that we would call something like "The Tangiers Thread to End All Tangiers' Threads"...there are always a few aday looking for help and what not on tangiers...why don't we make one solely for tangiers as a sticky so that anyone can reference that for answers and questions...thought it might clear up a huge forum mess
just a thought

+1

Not a bad idea..but people ignore stickies. If they didn't we wouldn't have near the trouble we do.

I placed Snoopy1966's Tangiers set up videos in the Video area, that should help anyone smart enough to look.

• 1 year later...
[quote name='F16WarBird' date='19 April 2010 - 02:26 AM' timestamp='1271658377' post='464236']
How about enabling the ability to edit posts?

Thanks!
[/quote]

you can edit posts for upto 5minutes...they revoked the longer edit time because people were abusing it with breaking the rules and what not

Would it be possible to break hoses and bowls out of "other" and into their own separate reviews subforum?

It seems like opinons and taste differ on the various bowls and hoses out there.

[quote name='mushrat' date='24 April 2010 - 04:15 AM' timestamp='1272100523' post='465217']
I'll see how many posts we'd have to go through. I don't see why not off hand. Give us a little time and we'll see what we can do.
[/quote]

i don't mind doing that, but i am not capable of making subforums and shit like that. if you can give me the subforums or whatever, ill do the rest. i think i might leave stuie's bowl thread alone though

• 9 months later...
[quote name='nathanmweiss' timestamp='1297983922' post='498246']
Is it possible to make it so we can edit our own posts?
[/quote]

No. Reason being when someone would make an offensive statement or NHT reference, they'd edit it out before the mods could see it when it got reported.

Think of it as when you say something out loud and people hear you... You can't make them "un-hear" it. And that's what people try to do here- they abuse the edit button.

If you ever need something edited, just report it and say what you would like edited out or added to the post. A mod will see it and do it for you. Also goes for if you make a NHT ref slip-up- report it yourself and you won't get in trouble.