College Football Starts Soon....

Tyler

Who else is excited for college football to start? I'm gonna need some people to talk to about this season! Who's your team? How do you see their season going? Who is going to suprise people? Who is going to flop?

It might come as a shocker, but I might be what they call a FSU fan. I know, right? I think we'll end up 10-2 or 11-1 losing to UF and maybe BYU. I can see us taking the ACC and going to the orange or coming second in the ACC and going to the sugar. I think Cal is going to be the suprise team this year and that Texas is going to flop.

I can't wait. The College Football season is definitely my favorite time of year. I love football and I love the way the player play because they have love for the game and not because they're making millions of dollars (Well in some cases they may)

As for me, my team is Notre Dame. We've had a tough couple of seasons, I know Charlie Weis is a great coach I just don't have faith in our QB, Jimmy Clausen. He's not quick on his feet and the boy has no clue how to scramble and read the defense too well. Who I am excited about? Michael Floyd, last season he stepped up and made a lot of amazing plays. Our offense is looking up and hopefully that will be WITH the QB in tow.

I haven't been paying too much attention to off season, but I will this upcoming month. I hope USC flops (naturally) and I don't know who will surprise.

Hah I think USF will put up a good fight, better than most seem to think, but they won't beat FSU in the Doak. I'll say it'll be 49-30 FSU wins.

I think Notre Dame will do with Notre Dame does best, they'll start out ranked too high, lose a lot of games they should win, and finish unranked or near it and get a pity bowl. I do hope USC flops, too.

Oregon might have an interesting season, it'll be interesting to see how the Pac-10 plays out...USC Cal and Oregon going to be battleing for the top spot.

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jul 1 2009, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oregon might have an interesting season, it'll be interesting to see how the Pac-10 plays out...USC Cal and Oregon going to be battleing for the top spot.

Yep this is going to be a great season.

Central Michigan University is going to win the MAC this year and possibly make it to a low BCS ranking... Dan LeFevour for Heisman!

I'm going to be starting grad school at Oregon in the fall, so I'm excited to watch some PAC-10 football... USC is going to be terrible this year, Oregon's main competition will be Cal and OSU

Oklahoma is my 2nd team, so Texas will flop :-D haha

I never really got the fascination with college football, to me it was always on about the same interest tier as going to a gay club, or collecting hello kitty memorabilia tongue.gif

But I'm all about checking new things out, and it seems like something a lot of folks get into so maybe yinz guys could tell me what the fuss is about? Not trollin, just trying to understand the attraction.

AKammen, college football is better than pro for a lot of reasons. For one, most of the players play for the love of the game rather than just for money. Any team has the chance to beat any team. Most major universities in the country have a team you can root for. The rivalry games in college football are sometimes more intense than any other sporting even in the world. Over 19 stadiums become the biggest cities in their state during game days. The excitement level of college football far surpases that of pro football. The teams are always changing so it's not the same starters over and over every year. ANYTHING can happen in college football, ask michigan (most winningest team in college football) about appalachin state (division II mediocre team).

LSU fan eh? I'm hoping you guys take the SEC!

So I was watching CFL and they did the top 10 rivalry games, FSU has 2 out of the top ten games with FSU vs. UM (this year's opening game) and FSU vs UF (could have title implications)! Just one more reason FSU fans get ulcers haha!

Missouri lost a lot of key players this off-season, so that's kind of a bummer. For me it will end up being another year of watching good, competitive SEC games, and a few Big 12 games.

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jul 2 2009, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PSU won't go 12-0, more like 9-3

lol and who will those 3 losses come to? iowa and osu are the only decent teams we play. michigan won't be good till at least next year

Go Blue!!! University of Michigan is my team of choice. Im not sure how were gonna do, but last year was disappointing, to say the least.
My season tickets are great, Im super excited for the games!

Tiny: Central Michigan has a legit chance to take their conf but has too much competition to make it to a BCS. They don't play enough good teams to compete against 2 or 3 double conference BCS appearences from the ACC, Big 10 and SEC.

obey: PSU will lose to Ohio State, Michigan St. and someone random they shouldn't lose to.

Tati: Are you going to the OSU game?

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jul 2 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tiny: Central Michigan has a legit chance to take their conf but has too much competition to make it to a BCS. They don't play enough good teams to compete against 2 or 3 double conference BCS appearences from the ACC, Big 10 and SEC.

Are you kidding me?!? Western Michigan could easily beat either michigan or michigan state when they play them this year and they can easily decimate Indiana, and Ball State has a good shot at beating north texas and army (though they'll have their hands full with auburn), not to mention bowling green could easily handle troy and marshall (but mizzou will be a challenge), and northern illinois could take 2 out of three from wisconsin purdue and idaho. If CMU can take 2 out of 3 from Michigan State, Arizona, and Boston College, they stand a legitimate shot at a top 25 ranking, assuming they dominate the conference and the teams in the conference do their part.

The MAC isn't a cupcake conference anymore... we're playing some big name teams these days...and beating them.

I agree but if you don't start above rank 20 and finish top 15, you won't make a BCS bowl this year.

QUOTE (coastlines @ Jun 30 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait. The College Football season is definitely my favorite time of year. I love football and I love the way the player play because they have love for the game and not because they're making millions of dollars (Well in some cases they may)

I completely feel the same way. I love college football. Sept - Jan. 8th or so is my favorite time of the year. Don't have any team i'm a diehard about, but I love the pac-10. Tucson, Az is my hometown so the Wildcats have a place in my heart. Looking forward to the entire season and seeing some amazing games. Like obey, I wouldn't mind seeing PSU go 13-0 though, family alma mater. Edited by Jeff_T