Where To Get Glycerin

QUOTE (gregizzle @ May 3 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya i found some at a health food store still dont know where to get candy oil though

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=candy+oil

Or if you live in Pittsburgh I could direct you to a few places to get it cheaper in person. Also, cake/candy making shops will usually sell it, though price varies a lot at those places.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (AKammenzind @ May 3 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gregizzle @ May 3 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya i found some at a health food store still dont know where to get candy oil though

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=candy+oil

Or if you live in Pittsburgh I could direct you to a few places to get it cheaper in person. Also, cake/candy making shops will usually sell it, though price varies a lot at those places.

Love the link. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i looked on walmart.com and was able to find veg. glycerin...i figure ill check the actual store at school next week when im back form vacation. I'll keep you posted on it tho...i think it was only like 5 or 6 bucks as well

Best place to get glycerin is at a health food store. I founds some at Rite Aid but it said nothing about healthy to consume and was 95% glycerin with 5% filler. whereas the glycerin from the health food store says it is 100% vegetable glycerin and can be used as a sweetener. It has a odd but sweet taste (hey I had to try).

*edit*
Here is the link for the glycerin I have.
Edited by ImThaBean

When I was looking for some glycerin I found some at walmart, had to get it from the pharmacy though and saw the same thing ImThaBean said about 95% and nothing about healthy consumption. I got mine at a health food store as well, New Frontiers, and its 100%, also safe to consume.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jul 24 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't trust that. There is no such thing as 100% glycerine. Its hygroscopic to some degree, it'll pull water out of the air and lower the purity right down, quite readily.

If this is the case, would it 100% when its bottled, but less when actually used?

QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Jul 25 2009, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't trust that. There is no such thing as 100% glycerine. Its hygroscopic to some degree, it'll pull water out of the air and lower the purity right down, quite readily.

If this is the case, would it 100% when its bottled, but less when actually used?

same reason you cant buy 100% alcohol. As soon as it encounters any moisture (could be moisture in the bottle, manufacturing plan, air encountered) it will absorb the moisture and not be "pure"

I don't think water is gonna hurt you though tongue.gif

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Punx Clever @ Jul 25 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Jul 25 2009, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same reason you cant buy 100% alcohol. As soon as it encounters any moisture (could be moisture in the bottle, manufacturing plan, air encountered) it will absorb the moisture and not be "pure"

I don't think water is gonna hurt you though tongue.gif

It wont hurt you know, but it will also keep your sheesh from reaching its max smoke-ability.
You gotta cook that shiz out son.
Just cook it out.
All ya gotta do is cook it out.
(i imagine a gospel group singin a couple lines like that)
Just cook it out child, cook it out.