The Fruits & Nuts Are At It Again!

You know, there is no choice but to believe we live in a nation of out of control government.

Have you ever seen a presidential motorcade? what colour were the cars?

In the interest of a "greener" environment, and reducing emissions Kalifornia CARB has an initiative to ban jet-black paint. So I guess in the interest of not needing the AC on as much, no black cars, but you can't tint the windows (which seems to be a more obvious means of saving AC)

Kali needs to fall in the ocean, already. What a bunch.

i dont think that they can ban black cars, and if they do i will personally sue them for being racist...not that they are being racist, or that im black...but i like money and those kind of lawsuits always seem to win....

QUOTE (SuburbanSmoker @ Mar 26 2009, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wait they want to ban the color black on cars and make tint illegal?

Window tint regulations vary by state, in Florida in can be as black as you want.. but here in Va, barely any window tint will fetch you a ticket.

This is ridiculus though, it's like banning red cars because statistically they're in the most accidents. (Because it's the most common color, at least last time I checked)

If anything cut down on the American Fleet, or Airplanes, they produce a ton more emissions than a vehicle pumping the AC.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/cool-paints/final...tation31209.pdf

There is the CARB document.
The way the PRK has given almighty-power to the roach-kissing-rat-huggers CARB does have the power to do what it wants.

Personally I think the whole lot of them should be locked in AMC pacers, given only fruity-chick-cocktails, then parked in the Mojave for 128 hours. Any survivors need to be drown in the "blue water" in a portajon.

Sigh.....

It's really only because of the VOCs in the color black. We have what we call the air Nazi's here in California, but honestly, our air is so bad somebody needs to take extreme action.

'Rani

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Mar 26 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sigh.....

It's really only because of the VOCs in the color black. We have what we call the air Nazi's here in California, but honestly, our air is so bad somebody needs to take extreme action.

'Rani

Go read it before you post.
Same VOC levels, the CARB (air nazis) report clearly states a black car will use more fuel, and produce more pollution as a result of needing more AC to keep it at a survivable temp.

"Automobile manufacturers must include statement in owner’s manual that failure to use specified paint may impact occupant’s thermal comfort" -page 10

"Cool Cars Measure

1 Proposes to reduce CO2emissions by reducing interior temperatures of parked vehicles
2 Reduced interior temperatures can reduce a/c capacity and likelihood of a/c use
3 Smaller a/c or less operation results in less fuel used
4 Less fuel used results in less vehicle CO2emissions" -Page 4

Where in that do you get anything about volatile organics??????? Must be breathing too much polluted air. I could understand a control on high VOC emissions, but mfgrs are switching for electrostatic dry coatings for their ease of robotic application. A coatings engineer I once worked with said the most dangerous automotive type colour is RED and bright orange as a result of the cadmium sulphide/selenium compounds in it. I, personally avoided breathing any of them.

You know, when Nance pelosi has to load her ugly arse on a 46 seat, statesroom-equiped version of a 757 to fly back to Kali every weekend, I hardly see how the added AC of painting every car in the whole state would matter. But I guess she is worth 4 tons of kerosene per hour being burned into the atmosphere. right around 1200 gal/hour. Yep, that is economical. Put that wench in the baggage section of a "gallopin' goose" commuter, save the atmosphere... and the taxpayer. Would have to put a bag over her head, or give the seats away next to her though.

I guess the house building janitor's room must be out of brooms! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 26 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Mar 26 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sigh.....

'Rani

Go read it before you post.
Same VOC levels, the CARB (air nazis) report clearly states a black car will use more fuel, and produce more pollution as a result of needing more AC to keep it at a survivable temp.

"Automobile manufacturers must include statement in owner’s manual that failure to use specified paint may impact occupant’s thermal comfort" -page 10

"Cool Cars Measure

1 Proposes to reduce CO2emissions by reducing interior temperatures of parked vehicles
2 Reduced interior temperatures can reduce a/c capacity and likelihood of a/c use
3 Smaller a/c or less operation results in less fuel used
4 Less fuel used results in less vehicle CO2emissions" -Page 4

Where in that do you get anything about volatile organics??????? Must be breathing too much polluted air. I could understand a control on high VOC emissions, but mfgrs are switching for electrostatic dry coatings for their ease of robotic application. A coatings engineer I once worked with said the most dangerous automotive type colour is RED and bright orange as a result of the cadmium sulphide/selenium compounds in it. I, personally avoided breathing any of them.

You know, when Nance pelosi has to load her ugly arse on a 46 seat, statesroom-equiped version of a 757 to fly back to Kali every weekend, I hardly see how the added AC of painting every car in the whole state would matter. But I guess she is worth 4 tons of kerosene per hour being burned into the atmosphere. right around 1200 gal/hour. Yep, that is economical. Put that wench in the baggage section of a "gallopin' goose" commuter, save the atmosphere... and the taxpayer. Would have to put a bag over her head, or give the seats away next to her though.

I guess the house building janitor's room must be out of brooms! ohmy.gif

Do you drive a black car?

Not going to tolerate bashing people Scotsman. If you're going to resort to character attacks, well, I don't need to finish the sentence.

First off, your characterization of California and its liberal roots is absurd. California had the 4th largest economy in the world until the recession. Or 8th or something like that. Without all the liberal Californians making liberal decisions, The United States joins the ranks of Canada. You can make all the absurd liberal-bashing statements you want, but where is the heart of the United States Economy? California. Conservatives destroy the economy. Liberals build it up. Just look at the track record of the two. California's always on the edge on any idea, dumb (like this one) or smart. That's why we're #1. How's Minnesota fairing? Thought so. These guys running California are running the most successful state in the country and you are questioning their methods? Laughable, In California, the reason we do so well for ourselves, which some people might not see, including you, is we try out all sorts of ideas and don't dismiss any idea because its offends our ideologies.

Who was the first state to get rid of affirmative action? California!
Who was the first state to enact medical nht laws? California! (Also working on decriminalizing it)

Its easy to characterize California as a liberal state. Its also stupid. California is a state of complete diversity, people of all political and social views walk together here. We're first because we're first to try out new ideas.

You can't possibly explain why California does so well in the context of your thinking.

You said somewhere else that there is a difference between conservatives (You) and neo-conservatives. I don't see the difference.

I am a California Liberal, very liberal, even by California standards. You and I see eye-to-eye on a lot of different subjects (including this one). Maybe you're actually a liberal, you just haven't gotten out of the liberal closet yet. I'm not a typical California Liberal, a reversed moderate perhaps. Maybe you really are a liberal. If you want, I can get a couple gay guys to come over to your house and go shopping with you, see how you like it.

I do have a couple of smilies to characterize your posts in this thread.

I still love ya, man.

In some cases I am a bit of a fiscally-conservative-social-liberal. As for gov't, well, we gotta have them, but when it becomes more of an infliction than a form of leadership, then it's insane. Back 30 years ago the liberals were into avoiding "the man", wanting less gov't, and to be left to "do their thing". Now they want to pick your car colour, size, and set your thermostat... all the while bouncing about the country in a jet that consumes more fuel in 5 hours than most cars would in their entire lifetime. What happened to them? (the neolibs) Somewhere along the line they became the party of gigantic gov't bloat, and nanny-state run by people that don't follow their own preaching. Not like the other side is any better. Funny that those changes that originated in Cali, all originated from that period in history where a liberal was more of a live & let live sort... not in what is considered liberal now.

Minnesota is so liberal, it would make cali cringe. There are signs of a change though, you see, this other non-liberal moved in... so there are 2 of us now.

You mean medical NHT, right? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

I'll go shopping with them! But, only if they will take me to find some nice pink bows for my beard! I am more amiss by gays that think since I am not one that thinks gov't is there to fix every wrong, that I do not think they should be free to do whatever they feel is right for them. I just don't want to be stuck paying for it.

Nothing meant as a personal attack, sorry if it sounded such, was not my intent... well, maybe about Nancy Pelosi needing a broom. But nothing else intended as such.

QUOTE (GNUWorldOrder @ Mar 27 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow i cant believe you actually wrote that liberals build up the economy and that conservatives take it down. btw your cali Minnesota esample is a total strawman

Um it's called reality. Who built up the economy of the US after the great Depression.... FDR a Democrat

Clinton, a Democrat, had a balanced budget and left office with a surplus of $559 Billion which George Bush, a Conservative Republican turned into a $1.3 Trillion deficit

QUOTE (Boricua @ Mar 27 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow i cant believe you actually wrote that liberals build up the economy and that conservatives take it down. btw your cali Minnesota esample is a total strawman

Um it's called reality. Who built up the economy of the US after the great Depression.... FDR a Democrat

Clinton, a Democrat, had a balanced budget and left office with a surplus of $559 Billion which George Bush, a Conservative Republican turned into a $1.3 Trillion deficit

first off hes talking about states. if that was so then californias and minnesotas economy would be about the same. ps hows bankruptcy going for you?

pft thats nothing obama almost gave that away in 1 bill. how much of the clinton dotcom bubble economy was left for bush after it burst?

QUOTE (GNUWorldOrder @ Mar 27 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Boricua @ Mar 27 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first off hes talking about states. if that was so then californias and minnesotas economy would be about the same. ps hows bankruptcy going for you?

pft thats nothing obama almost gave that away in 1 bill. how much of the clinton dotcom bubble economy was left for bush after it burst?

Ya, we are broke here. A city near me just disbanded their police dept (not such a bad thing) because they couldn't afford them. But still, the state has never found a project they don't want to start. Per capita we have a higher tax rate than Cali.