Relationships That Doesn't Involve Sex.

modisess

Just a thought, do you guys think it's possible to be/stay in a relationship where the two partners has no sexual tension/attraction at all towards each other?

What I mean by this is that the two partners has a lot in common, personality wise, interests, and they have good conversation with each other. Only thing is, they just don't have any sexual attraction towards each other. Is this possible? Edited by modisess

Hmm, you must have watched the latest Bones episode. Dr. Sweets just plays a psychologist on TV.

tongue.gif

Ohh, and how is that an intimate relationship? The point of connecting with a human on an intimate level is to procreate, the only way to do that is through intercourse, so what's the point of not having sex? Edited by Hippo_Master

QUOTE (modisess @ Mar 25 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GNUWorldOrder @ Mar 25 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
isnt that just being friends then?

not really, i mean they are a couple, the feeling's there, but they just dont have sex with each other.

Ohhhh are the Catholic... or just religious in general? (you know, the whole abstinence thing...)

QUOTE (Hippo_Master @ Mar 25 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not really, i mean they are a couple, the feeling's there, but they just dont have sex with each other.

Ohhhh are the Catholic... or just religious in general? (you know, the whole abstinence thing...)

no no no, just no sexual attraction at all. no religion involved.

QUOTE (modisess @ Mar 25 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hippo_Master @ Mar 25 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no no no, just no sexual attraction at all. no religion involved.

Do they kiss each other? If there's not sex, then it's not a "relationship" (intimate) it's just a relationship, as friends. If they hold hands, cuddle, have deep conversations til 5 in the morning - that's getting intimate, but not intimately sexual.

Also, how can a couple not have any sexual attraction at all? Do they not find the other attractive, but enjoy each other's personalities instead?

The dynamics of interpersonal relationships is across the board from this extreme to that extreme. I believe it's possible if that's what the two people are feeling and are comfortable with feeling that way. Sounds like they both have the same feelings for each other. The problems happen when one person wants something the other just isn't feeling. And anyone who thinks intimacy is all about sex is, well........ a guy. And in this particular case that is not a compliment.

'Rani

Sounds like me and my ex-wife...key word here is ex. She makes a great friend but with no intimacy (let alone sex) a "relationship" is doomed in my experience...

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Mar 25 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats the friendzone.....been there too many times....can't figure out how to get out.

Only way is to step up, man up. it sux because alot of the time it doesnt go the way you want it to, however if you dont ever step up you have no chance what so ever.

QUOTE (SuburbanSmoker @ Mar 25 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (indian_villager @ Mar 25 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats the friendzone.....been there too many times....can't figure out how to get out.

Only way is to step up, man up. it sux because alot of the time it doesnt go the way you want it to, however if you dont ever step up you have no chance what so ever.

Or never get into it in the first place. If you like her dont let yourself be put in the friend zone in the first place.

I can understand a woman's views on a relationship not involving sex.... but women want it just as bad as men, if not more. I wouldn't want a woman who just knows how to screw- it will be the same exact sex over and over and over, and the relationship has absolutely no depth.

To say you "are in a relationship" and not gettin' down is like making coffee without the coffee beans- without the beans it's just hot water sad.gif .

You aren't dating/in a "relationship" unless you are sexing each other up... that's just how it works. Edited by Hippo_Master

sex is important to relationship if there isn't any then like you said there is no attraction, then why is there a relationship? This would be friends.. If you just started dating a girl and you want to take your time with her then yes ok this is fine, but when the time comes talk about it and if she says she never ever wants too because shes not attracted to you...

Dump her man that's so ridiculous no reason calling that girl your girlfriend. Edited by newjacksm

is one of them really ugly?

thats the only way i could see that happening. i mean its hard enough to find someone who shares remotely the same interests in life and who doesnt want to kill me after spending six hours together, so if there is any general attractiveness im all over it

QUOTE (joytron @ Mar 25 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats the only way i could see that happening. i mean its hard enough to find someone who shares remotely the same interests in life and who doesnt want to kill me after spending six hours together, so if there is any general attractiveness im all over it

Seriously.. maybe they both are so ugly neither of them want to touch the other, but both are so nice they don't want to say or do anything to hurt the other's feelings.

Aww so caring! sleep.gif

QUOTE (joytron @ Mar 25 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am so I think that may be the trouble.

If there is no sexual or physical attraction I can't see how these individuals can consider themselves in a romantic relationships. If there is nil desire for the other partner in either of them then they seem to be just close friends, if they are both asexual individuals this would make sense as a "relationship" but to my knowledge asexual people aren't too concerned with labeling themselves as in a relationship.

QUOTE (Hippo_Master @ Mar 25 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, you must have watched the latest Bones episode. Dr. Sweets just plays a psychologist on TV.

tongue.gif

Ohh, and how is that an intimate relationship? The point of connecting with a human on an intimate level is to procreate, the only way to do that is through intercourse, so what's the point of not having sex?

I think your missing the bigger deffinition of Intimate.

Its has multiple deffinitions, true: but only one involves sex. All the others make the word to mean knowing the person completely on an emotional term.

Yes i think it is very possible to have that kind of relationship with out having sex.

Notice i said with out having sex, not with out having attraction. I am attracted to all of my female friends on some level, but then i know them very intimately.

QUOTE (modisess @ Mar 26 2009, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a thought, do you guys think it's possible to be/stay in a relationship where the two partners has no sexual tension/attraction at all towards each other?

What I mean by this is that the two partners has a lot in common, personality wise, interests, and they have good conversation with each other. Only thing is, they just don't have any sexual attraction towards each other. Is this possible?

sure, just get married