Is It Smart To Smoke Hookah In The Backyard In Full View Of Neighbors?

Just smoke. Maybe they will know. If not, oh well. Not like you are doing anything wrong.

We will be smoking in a park down in Seattle the weekend of the 28th. I can't wait to get hassled by the cops! tongue.gif

Where's MTV NEWs on this trend? They defend gay rights, split ends, and jorts...where's the hookah awareness!?

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Mar 15 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I was you, I would either:

A.Tell them what it is

or

B. Don't say a word, and hope that the police shows up and embarrass the shit out of them for calling in the cops for absolutely no reason, and keep a camera handy, lol.

option b for sure. even let the cops hit it

I wouldn't worry about it. Next apartment I get is going to have a porch...
Are you in a "nice" neighborhood with a bunch of families, or are there other college students? If its college students I'd be more worried about them coming over and wanted to smoke other substances. If its families, they may wonder, and get worried because they don't want drugs in there back yard. If the cops do come, you have nothing to hide, just show them the containers.

Ok, story time.
I used to live downtown Iowa City. I had a front porch and a back porch (rented out a house with a few of my "friends"). The back porch was a mess and smelled, so I didn't smoke there. The front porch was perfect for smoking. The only problem was that it was a main road with both university cops and city cops driving by all the time. I was not doing anything illegal, (my entire career would be screwed if I got arrested, I'm 19 and doing what I love to do, so I don't do anything illegal), but I knew that there was illegal things going on inside. If the cops did show up then they would of also of walked inside and I would be guilty by association. Luckally all the "partying" went on in the basement and on the main floor, I lived on the top floor which had a locked door and even a different number (115 1/5). There were three times that the cops did come to bust what was going on in the basement (reports of a loud party and underage drinking). Each time I was either upstairs asleep, from a long day at work, or still at that long day at work. This one time I was asleep and my girlfriend called to let her in the door from outside, she said she was standing outside and so where the cops. So I had to walk out in my pj's and explain that it was a different apartment and that I was asleep. I just learned that my old roommate has been arrested for PAULA (possession of alcohol under the legal age), and his brother is currently in jail for possession. I'm really glad I've moved out.

At school we openly smoke hookah on our front stoop in full view of neighbors, university security, police and other students. No one cares. Occasionally people will question us about what the hookah is, but we have never had any problems with security or police. Smoke openly on your deck. You are participating in a perfectly legal activity on your own property.

I almost got into a fist fight with an idiot neighbor because he came at me cursing and calling me names. Edited by delSol_si
NHT reference

Not much details, the funny part is that neighbor had just got out of jail about a week ago.

I am glad I moved out from that place now.

That day, I took my hookah to the front porch. And smoked it there around 4pm. There was kids playing close by, one of them is his nephew.

I did not feel the need to explain to anyone what I was doing since this was no one's business.

I saw him walking fast towards me and screaming F-word all over the place and calling me names. When he got close he said how dare you smoke with kids around.

I said "This is just apple flavored tobacco, just like you smoking cigs everywhere."

He said "Bullshit, and if you do not take this inside I will shove it up your ass"

I said "You know dude, just go back to your place and if you think I am smoking just call the cops"

He kept mouthing off and took one step into my porch stairwell, that when I stood up and walk down to him" I was gonna kick the shit out of him right there.

His sister came and took him back and I continued smoking.

Later on that night, his sister tells my brother that he went home and he wanted to come and beat me with a baseball bat. lol

What an idiot!!!

Well, after that he went to jail. Genius!

But really, what the hell?! A drug dealer, complaining about me smoking hookah. Funny world. Edited by delSol_si
NHT reference

I think I will put lots of plants on my deck, use a mini hookah on a small table in front of an outdoor sofa, and hope for the best.

I really don't wanna cause strife in my hood.

BTW the plants will be jasmine. Those smell awfully good at night... they'll smell better having a fellow female student smoking with me as well wink.gif

I'm serious guys, look into growing jasmine plants, the ladies love it. It really is romantic at night. It makes running game on them easier lol