Domestic Violence Isn't A Joking Matter. Nor Is Sexual Assault.

Well you all know I always have to come in and poke the fire a bit...
But as long as we all understand that this is NOT a freedom of speech forum then all these threads make a hell lot more sense...
Because to be completely honest, up until this point, I for some reason was under the idea that this was and thats why I always viewed the mods as a bit touchy...
But now I understand...
I have come to the darkside tongue.gif
Bump for agreeing with the mods

i see why its banned some people are way over sensitive though i find.

it may be because im from the uk but in all honesty i dont think i can remember a day i didnt hear a joke involving race, domestic violence, rape or many other "taboo" subjects, yet i dont agree with or support in any way shape or form these things but i do make jokes of them. Many of my friends are from other nations and take the piss that im white and i laugh at it..... the same as they laugh if i make a similar joke back, why? CONTEXT!!!

i dont see why people get offended by things used within context, if i tell you that i agree with domestic violence you could get offended and id understand but if i made a "pimp slap" joke i just dont understand it.

Race, crimes and everything else can be seen in a funny light, i watched a family guy earlier where someone was being raped (aquaman didnt save her) im not about to write in and complain about it..........

i dont think blanket banning is the answer because i think CONTEXT is important but given the retardedly PC world we live in i do understand mush having to ban the topic and yes i do know victims personally of, rape, race crimes and domestic violence, those that accepted what happened and got on with there lives DO often join in jokes about these subjects.....

this isnt a complaint it was just turning into a discussion and those are my views

i understand the ban but i dont necessarily agree with it

Steve

cant do that. when we started banning people for domestic violence (bad bad post) then others started to point at threads that included inspirational photos and jokes towards "jailbait". kinda funny people only start to complain about it (that thread has been up for ages) when their friends get banned. i think they were trying to get their friends unbanned. since people have complained about it then its all or none.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (erufiku @ Apr 24 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awwww come on, let it die already...

While it would certainly be preferable that we never had to hear about this again, if Mush bumped the thread it's got to be because somebody was stuck on stupid - again.

'Rani

Just reading everything

agree with mushrat 100%, this isn't some 3rd class messasge board where anything goes.

I sometime may joke about this stuff around friends but it is only around friends where I can expect a certain reaction

This is a message board, you don't know who's going to read it and how they are going to feel towards the message, thus bite your tongue and don't type anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read