Weight Loss

Stuie

QM, you're asking us fat guys to kill you.....in the I need to lose weight thread? That is so not hott fire....

smile.gif < happy face to cover my murderous feelings about your high metabolism

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Nov 18 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats a great tip, i love peanutbutter. if only a shisha brand would make that flavour.

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Nov 18 2008, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could be your biochemistry preventing you from gaining. I can eat anything I want and not gain a pound.

Srsly guys, PB. Get a shovel for that shit. 6-8 tablespoons daily. Looooaded with calories, protein, and good fats, better for bulking up than any supplement you can buy in a store.

Not that I've ever needed to.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Nov 18 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QM, you're asking us fat guys to kill you.....in the I need to lose weight thread? That is so not hott fire....

smile.gif < happy face to cover my murderous feelings about your high metabolism

tongue.gif I'm with GNR, I've always been naturally muscular but I have to work out like a mother fucker every day along with flawless nutrition to keep my bodyfat down; I've always had a molasses-slow metabolism. Edited by gaia.plateau

Oh and I've got another great recipe for you guys that I just invented last night (I'm sure someone has done it before but fuck them). Get your roasting pan out again, lightly sprinkle olive oil and mushrooms and whatever you like, throw in a sole fillet, and squeeze lime juice over the whole mess, along with cumin, cayenne, oregano, whatever you like. Drizzle virgin olive oil over all of it, and throw it in an oven at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Quick, easy, delicious, and extremely good for you whether you're trying to burn fat or bulk up because sole is looooaded with polyunsaturates.

In my prime, I ate 5 double cheeseburgers 3 days a week for lunch. A little while ago I had a full supper then went out with friends to consume a 1lb hamburger about a half an hour later. I'm notorious for eating a TON, but I'll see if peanut butter works.

I figure now If I can't gain fat I'll have to do with gaining muscle mass. I eat healthier now because I figured if it isn't showing up on the outside, it's all happeneng on the inside (not really even that though. 4% BF, 120/72 BP, 129 cholesterol). I am a greasy MF though.

Sorry GNR, it's all about that biochem/genetics/etc.. Erbody differnt.

-QM Edited by QuiltedMaple

That's... insane. I'm 175 and I don't think that I could finish a single double cheeseburger o.O

When you're trying to increase muscle mass, eating properly is just half the battle, you need to do resistance training pretty much every day as well. Look into buying some weights and/or a gym membership.

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Nov 18 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's... insane. I'm 175 and I don't think that I could finish a single double cheeseburger o.O

When you're trying to increase muscle mass, eating properly is just half the battle, you need to do resistance training pretty much every day as well. Look into buying some weights and/or a gym membership.

I do the P90X, it's pretty cool. I highly recommend it to anybody. It kicks your ass pretty hard. I'm still 150lbs, just more toned and quite a bit stronger.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Nov 18 2008, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my prime, I ate 5 double cheeseburgers 3 days a week for lunch. A little while ago I had a full supper then went out with friends to consume a 1lb hamburger about a half an hour later. I'm notorious for eating a TON, but I'll see if peanut butter works.

I figure now If I can't gain fat I'll have to do with gaining muscle mass. I eat healthier now because I figured if it isn't showing up on the outside, it's all happeneng on the inside (not really even that though. 4% BF, 120/72 BP, 129 cholesterol). I am a greasy MF though.

Sorry GNR, it's all about that biochem/genetics/etc.. Erbody differnt.

-QM

That's it grab the pitchforks and barbecue sauce we are going to roast him!

Well, it's just that for one thing, you could have gotten the entire series here for free, and used the $150 to buy yourself some sweet ankleweights or a weighted vest. For another, and this is entirely speculation, I don't imagine that there's anything on the DVDs that couldn't be explained to you on a more specifically personal level by a training consultant, almost always free with even the most basic gym membership.

For dumbells,These are incredibly good, but retardedly expensive. I got a full set for free.

If you don't have room in your place for a bench, these make excellent substitutes. Edited by gaia.plateau

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Nov 18 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it's just that for one thing, you could have gotten the entire series here for free, and used the $150 to buy yourself some sweet ankleweights or a weighted vest.

These are incredibly good, but retardedly expensive. I got a full set for free.

If you don't have room in your place for a bench, these make excellent substitutes.

But I did get everything for free, dumbells and all.

-QM

Ah, I assumed you meant that because you live at home, you had extra money because you didn't have to pay rent, and were therefore able to pay $150 for a set of DVDs without really affecting your financial situation. Edited by gaia.plateau

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Nov 18 2008, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, I assumed you meant that because you live at home, you had extra money because you didn't have to pay rent.

I'm just an investment to them tongue.gif. It would have been tough to get the parents to download the set. It isn't just me who uses everything, the whole family does.

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Nov 18 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's... horribly depressing. lol.

Well I'll download these and let those interested know what I think, I guess. There's oodles and oodles of great programmes for both burning fat and building muscle to be found via bittorrent searching.

What's depressing?

My bud does the Crossfit, I'm going to try it out next year. We're seeing which is better for eXtReMe workouts.

http://www.crossfit.com/

Well it's not an "official" update sine it's only been 3 days but I've lost another 2 lbs!

So I've so far lost 6 lbs in 1.5 weeks and going strong...

More importantly this means I'm back under the 300lb mark which feels really good, albeit by one pound.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Nov 20 2008, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it's not an "official" update sine it's only been 3 days but I've lost another 2 lbs!

So I've so far lost 6 lbs in 1.5 weeks and going strong...

More importantly this means I'm back under the 300lb mark which feels really good, albeit by one pound.

Awsome GNR, keep that shit up.

-QM

i did crossfit until i aggravated my rotator cuff again (tore it boxing, never repaired it with surgery or rehabed it properly) rock wall climbing.

crossfit will destroy you, but you gotta do it with friends and push each other. pretty fun

i was a 4 year wreslter in high school. we had to drop to weight fast. both healthy ways and unhealthy ways. sometimes 5-10 pounds in 1 day. some of the healthy tips : before you eat a meal, drink 2 or 3 large glasses of water, it will help you feel full faster. eat alot of lean proteins. chicken is good, not that fried shit. grilled. meat like steak is good too. cut out alot of the simple carbs. dont cut out carbs all together though, its unhealthy. ya eliminate soda, which i know is hard, but not impossible. you can do alot of excercises at home if you dont have to time to go a gym or whataver. sit ups push ups and jump rope can go a long way. 10 minutes of jump rope is greater than half an hour of running. before you eat something that you know is bad, just think about it, and you will realize its not worth the trouble to burn it off.

Perhaps I'm a bit late to the discussion, but I figure I'll add my two bits anyway.

Water is your friend, drink lots. It has 0 calories and your body will piss away what it doesn't need. (Don't fear water weight, either... losing water weight is a false sense of healthiness just as gaining muscle mass may falsely lead you to believe you are becoming fat).

Second, weight loss is simple. If the calories you take in are less than those you consume, you WILL lose weight. There are thousands of products out there that will "help" you out on your adventure, but 99% of them are snake oil and 1% of them are somewhat effective but certainly not necessary. Watch what you eat and always keep a (very estimated) calorie counter going on in the back of your head. Additionally, err on the side of caution: if you don't know if that soda has 200 or 300 calories, assume it has 300. The average healthy male should consume approximately 2000-2500 calories a day. Larger men may consume upwards of 3000. Keep this in mind.

Third, try eating less. You will be amazed... the body takes around 20 minutes to recognize that it is full. That's the reason you can go to a buffet or restaurant and gorge and fill like you need to be rolled out... by the time you are done, you may just be getting to the point of feeling full (and you've been feeding your face for 20 more minutes that you've needed to). Eat small portions and wait 20 minutes. If you are still hungry, eat some more. But there is a real chance your cravings will be satisfied.

Remember, starving yourself is bad. This triggers your built in biology of self-preservation. If you have that feeling of hunger for very long, your body will hoard calories, making your weight loss very difficult. So you want to make sure, ideally, you never feel it. That's why many people recommend six SMALL food servings a day. That, as well as the fact that you are more likely to pig out if you are hungry rather than simply feeling the slight need to eat. Two very different feelings. You are faminished if you haven't eaten in 8 hours and a long day of work. You might be needing a small portion of food if it's been 3 hours.

Hope this made sense... it worked for me. I've dropped 40 pounds from 210 to 170 (5' 8" height) and dropped 5 inches off my waist during the last year, with no real significant change to my activity level (save for joining a once-weekly soccer league).

Late Biggest Loser update

Week 2 total as of Monday was 8 pounds, remember I'm lifting too. I had a couple ladies I work with notice my stomach getting smaller, woo!

I need to be more consistent with my cardio.

I'm not losing the most weight there's 1 dude way ahead of me (16 lb) but I'm happy that I'm losing at a safe clip.

I use to be overweight and I lost weight by cutting certain foods out of my diet.
No soda or at least diet soda.
If you enjoy Dr.Pepper try diet dr.pepper.
Drink lots of water.

I am a swimmer and when I start up swimming i drop weight very fast.
Its the easiest and best whole body exercise to do.
I highly recommend it for weight loss exercise.

I dropped 60 pounds when I was in 10th grade or so. I just ate less, switched from coke to diet coke, drank more water, did 60 minutes on a stationary bike every day, played racquetball every night, and did some very light lifting. Iv gained about 20 or so pounds back. I started doing pushups and planks a few weeks ago and I'm down 5 or so pounds.