Another Hookah/shisha Retailer For Toronto Locals

so i was driving around my area tonight and found a convenience store in markham that carried quite a few different models of hookahs. the place is called Fast Convenience located at Hwy 7 & Woodbine. it is in the Michaelangelos plaza (next to burger king).

i picked up a box of 3kings for $13.99 (or $2 per roll) and 250g of nakhla double apple for $20.
just wanted to spread the word of another hookah retailer for those that live north of toronto and dont want to drive down to scarborough.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Aug 27 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$20 for 250 Nakhla...what are the tobacco taxes in Canada? Man yall are getting ripped.

$20 for 250g is the "under the table" price and is considered to be cheap when buying locally.
to give you an idea how much it costs to buy shisha legitimately (paying proper duties/taxes), it costs about $13 for 50g of nakhla.

If you are gonna spend $20 on 250 of Nakhla its better to get a tub of AF for $25 from the convenience store beside Oasis on Lawrence.

The tobacco tax is crazy it based by weight so you can imagine.

This is why i order all my tobacco online. A tub of AF ends up costing me $15 shipping included.

Edited by SmokinMoose

QUOTE (SmokinMoose @ Sep 2 2008, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are gonna spend $20 on 250 of Nakhla its better to get a tub of AF for $25 from the convenience store beside Oasis on Lawrence.

This is why i order all my tobacco online. A tub of AF ends up costing me $15 shipping included.

oasis is like 20-25 minutes from me and i never head to that area so its kinda out of my way.
right now im going through a nakhla phase so i'm gonna be sticking with that for a while.
if i was gonna buy AF i would end up buying online (like i usually do) but this convenience store is less than 5 minutes from me.

• 4 years later...
[quote name='SmokinMoose' timestamp='1220332905' post='290318']

[/quote]

Where do you find the AF for 15.00 shipped online? I thought we would get killed with duties.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1219845251' post='288636']
$20 for 250 Nakhla...what are the tobacco taxes in Canada? Man yall are getting ripped.
[/quote]

dude ive seen 50 grams for 25 bucks here in calgary canada !! its unreal

woops didnt realize it was old oh well still taxes suck 4 years later Edited by Twitchy

Best bet is to buy it in the states and bring it back over after the time limit for customs allows you to do so. I live close to the border so I have a mailbox across where I can ship it and bring it over when the time limit for me to be in the states allows. If you have an American friend that can bring it over even better. I am Indian so I have people coming from there to bring it for me. 2 bux for a 50grams. It cannot be for retail sale. Only for personal use. My barber goes to Egypt always and brings back his own stuff.

Best bet is to buy it in the states and bring it back over after the time limit for customs allows you to do so. I live close to the border so I have a mailbox across where I can ship it and bring it over when the time limit for me to be in the states allows. If you have an American friend that can bring it over even better. I am Indian so I have people coming from there to bring it for me. 2 bux for a 50grams. It cannot be for retail sale. Only for personal use. My barber goes to Egypt always and brings back his own stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

If you hover your mouse over the user names, You will see that Illuminati hasn't logged on since that last post in Nov '12 and Chinamon hasn't logged on in well over a year.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...