For some reason my hookah doesnt seem to be hitting well, I have oe of those "frost" vase ones, they come in like ruby, amber, black, etc, it has these etchings in it/frosted glass, I can't seem to get a pic of it, anyways, I'm using double foil and Exoticas, I tried to get the water level to its "sweet spot", itz good, but I can't seem to get flavor and smoke, (Im using Tonic 'Miami Vice Cocktail) and its being smoked out of a regualr ceramic bowl, I want some nice thick smoke...can't seem to get it, I'm not a beginner either, itz been about 2 years. Any suggestions? thankz everybody, oh I like the forums, great stuff on here.

List me all the details about your setup.

As for what you can do to ensure fat hits...

-Get a KM [Common you know I gotta say it]
-Buy a Phunnel Bowl [Not that a regular bowl wont hit]
-Down stem should be no longer than 1.2 inches in the water
-Get a nice hose
-Make sure your tobacco is not dry

the list goes on.

Edit: This is pretty sad guys..40 views and not one reply?

Codename pointed out some good possible factors. I would try putting some more heat on the bowl, it took me awhile to find the right number of coals for my funnel to hit like a champ. If nothing else works, try some other shisha and see if you get the same results.

Or it could be that there is a leak in your hookah make sure everything is air tight. And you might just need more coals. I was at a lounge that served tonic and it needed a good amount of heat to smoke right.

I do fluff the flavor, I put in enough water as well, my hose is a standard 72" with the wooden handles, the stem is about 1.5 in the water, I use ice and regarding coals, I use an Exotica split into two chunks which I move around... here are some of the pics, the vase itself is 9.5inches, the opening is about 2 inches at the neck...

Now when you say an exotica split into 2 chunks you don't mean you break a whole stick into 2 halves and use those do you? I have this feeling your having a heat issue if you are doing that. You should be able to get 4 perfect size coals out of a single stick, slap 3 of those pieces on the bowl and you should be good to go.

They guys did point out some good things, listen to what they suggested.

Code, just getting a KM won't solve all problems. Common chambers hit well, just don't purge that well. So just stick to information that is helpful.
(Nothing against you man, you know i have mad love for you. Just something that isn't really THAT relevant). Edited by MechAnt

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Jun 22 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Code, just getting a KM won't solve all problems. Common chambers hit well, just don't purge that well. So just stick to information that is helpful.
(Nothing against you man, you know i have mad love for you. Just something that isn't really THAT relevant).

lol.

I will keep on telling peopel to buy KMs until KM sponsors me....=p

I mentioned more than enough information that will help his smoke experience. So 'sliding' one info that was irrelevant was too much? wry.gif

Edit: I don't know why but I am quite certain that you would've let it slide if I had said MZ lol_hitting.gif

here's my suggestions
don't use double foil. instead, use one layer of the reynolds wrap Heavy Duty foil. the only time you would want to use double foil is if your smoke is too harsh and you need something to prevent the coals from scorching the bowl. many people on the forums will disagree, but give it a try; use one layer and see if it helps.
coals: break the exoticas into 4 equal parts, (like victim026 said) and if you are using the bowl in the picture, then two pieces should be MORE than enough.

i have a Mya Frost and it smokes GREAT. i love it. don't think the problem is the hookah

the bowl you have is a good bowl, but be sure to pack it up high enough. it's really deep and by the time you fill it all the way up, you've used quite a bit of tobacco. it's easy to under pack it, but if you make sure that the tobacco is all the way up to the top of the bowl, just barely touching the foil, then you'll be okay.

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Jun 22 2008, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MechAnt @ Jun 22 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Nothing against you man, you know i have mad love for you. Just something that isn't really THAT relevant).

lol.

I will keep on telling peopel to buy KMs until KM sponsors me....=p

I mentioned more than enough information that will help his smoke experience. So 'sliding' one info that was irrelevant was too much? wry.gif

Edit: I don't know why but I am quite certain that you would've let it slide if I had said MZ lol_hitting.gif

Hardly.

It's well known around here that 95% of the time, a good smoke is determined by the user and seldom the hardware.