Need Help On Getting A Smooth Session

Tried it now, as usual the af double apple tastes like licorice, and I can't get it past my tongue even though the smoke is very thin. One coal split in half wasn't enough, so I used a windcover. The tabacky doesn't look burned at all. Used one piece of foil with loads of small holes.
You hefta see the bind I'm in, I can't reduce the heat because I'd have no heat at all. I can't imagine the smoke would be any better if I fill the bowl way up, but that's what I'm gonna try now.

QUOTE (Big-Vito @ May 1 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tried it now, as usual the af double apple tastes like licorice, and I can't get it past my tongue even though the smoke is very thin. One coal split in half wasn't enough, so I used a windcover. The tabacky doesn't look burned at all. Used one piece of foil with loads of small holes.
You hefta see the bind I'm in, I can't reduce the heat because I'd have no heat at all. I can't imagine the smoke would be any better if I fill the bowl way up, but that's what I'm gonna try now.

Double apple often has an anise taste - It just might not work for you.

How long were you smoking on that bowl? I'm no expect on AF, but with Nahkla it *can* take a few mins before i am pulling clouds.

JD

QUOTE (Big-Vito @ May 1 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smoked 10 mins- awful
with overpacked bowl it did get better... taste is still ridiculous, and session all over not good enough
I'm missing something here

Yer - Here's a clue - You hate double apple?

You wouldn't be the first.

JD

Windcover concentrates the heat and makes it all the more hotter. You should only need two 1" pieces on opposite edges of the bowl. Doesn't really matter if the tobacco is touching the foil, the blackening is nothing bad. Try washing out the pipe and then try again.

Sorry, can't get my hands on a cam.
I wanted to show you the hookah I use, but I'm not allowed to post links... so.
How is the mya QT? Trying to go for a hookah that is guaranteed to work here, and one that is not so big.

QUOTE (bigvito @ May 2 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, can't get my hands on a cam.
I wanted to show you the hookah I use, but I'm not allowed to post links... so.
How is the mya QT? Trying to go for a hookah that is guaranteed to work here, and one that is not so big.

the qt's are solid..I use thm here in my lounge.