Weird Ear Thing?

QUOTE (supersubby @ Apr 5 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Apr 6 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never experienced it, but it makes sense.

Your mouth, nose, and ears are all connected. You probably just got a little smoke in the passage to your ear.

so that means if i try hard enough....i can get smoke to come out of my ears!!! biggrin.gif

one of my friends back in minnesota could smoke through his ears. he put the hose to one ear, and then smoke came out the other, was pretty bad ass

QUOTE (Bushbr @ Apr 6 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (supersubby @ Apr 5 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Apr 6 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never experienced it, but it makes sense.

Your mouth, nose, and ears are all connected. You probably just got a little smoke in the passage to your ear.

so that means if i try hard enough....i can get smoke to come out of my ears!!! biggrin.gif

one of my friends back in minnesota could smoke through his ears. he put the hose to one ear, and then smoke came out the other, was pretty bad ass

pics or it never happened

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Apr 6 2008, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bushbr @ Apr 6 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pics or it never happened

i know, but this was months ago, i have no proof other than my word........like i said... no proof

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Apr 6 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think its possible

think about it.

plug your nose, close your mouth and exhale as hard as you can... the pressure in your ears will make them expand

NOW

plug your nose, close your mouth and inhale as hard as you can... it will feel as if u are taking in air through your ears

Ear infection, this just keeps getting better. Doctors' on Tuesday. Check.

Also, I get a weird rapping sensation in my ear when I open my mouth... ugh. Edited by erufiku

Yep, ear infection, or clogged eustacian tube.

And if you're blowing smoke out your ears, you either have some extra, mutant ductwork going on, or punctured eardrums.

Your ears are connected to your sinuses and your throat. Don't ask me for the details - left my medical degree on the bus, but I happen to know this. I had hearing problems as a child I outgrew but I remember them planning on surgery reaching the deepest part of my ear from my sinuses. I don't rremember the details of why they thought I might outgrow hearing problems - some extra membrane or something. But they decided to wait a year and the problem took care of itself. But anyways......That's why a head cold effects your ears if it's a bad one. Smoking causes your lungs, thoat and sinuses to produce more mucus as protection against the irritant. More mucus in your sinuses and throat and it's going to sometimes spread to your ears and sound like liquid. It'll go away if you stop smoking for a bit. Sometimes though you have to quit for a couple days to get rid of it entirely. On the other hand it shows your body is doing it's job putting up a protective layer and I don't think any of us can complain about that.

'Rani

Nurse Tati says:

Unless you have tubes in your ears or you had your eardrum ruptured, smoke is not possible to come out.
You might have an allergy to something, or some fluid or pus accumulating behind your tympanic membrane.
Or I dont know...

Hope you feel better!

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Apr 6 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your ears are connected to your sinuses and your throat. Don't ask me for the details - left my medical degree on the bus, but I happen to know this. I had hearing problems as a child I outgrew but I remember them planning on surgery reaching the deepest part of my ear from my sinuses. I don't rremember the details of why they thought I might outgrow hearing problems - some extra membrane or something. But they decided to wait a year and the problem took care of itself. But anyways......That's why a head cold effects your ears if it's a bad one. Smoking causes your lungs, thoat and sinuses to produce more mucus as protection against the irritant. More mucus in your sinuses and throat and it's going to sometimes spread to your ears and sound like liquid. It'll go away if you stop smoking for a bit. Sometimes though you have to quit for a couple days to get rid of it entirely. On the other hand it shows your body is doing it's job putting up a protective layer and I don't think any of us can complain about that.

'Rani

Makes perfect sense, and now I wish I did some bio smile.gif Actually I noticed my body's producing boatloads of mucus recently so that makes sense. Thanks!
Still going to the doc's though...

QUOTE (Tati @ Apr 6 2008, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nurse Tati says:

Unless you have tubes in your ears or you had your eardrum ruptured, smoke is not possible to come out.
You might have an allergy to something, or some fluid or pus accumulating behind your tympanic membrane.
Or I dont know...

Hope you feel better!

Can you come play nurse for me?

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Apr 6 2008, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could also be a very rare indicator of high blood pressure.

High BP is called the silent killer as it has no symptons normally. However dizzyness weird ear shit can be an indicator.

Get it checked.

JD 152/82.

I have a kidney disease and being that they control the ionic balance of your body, I have High Blood Pressure. Trust me, if you have it you really want to get on some meds. The ear thing has happened to me as well but never while doing my hookah thing.

QUOTE (yota8 @ Apr 7 2008, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My penis shrank an inch after smoking Nakhla, Im now down to 2... LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL!

Oh snap, we'd better add that to wikipedia!

Edit: and done.

Dangers

It has been reported that Nakhla Tobacco can sometimes have a side effect of reducing phallic mass, and it is recommended that users take this into account before smoking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakhla_tobacco

Thanks for your vigilance, yota. Edited by gaia.plateau

I've experienced fuzzyness in my hearing, not so much like I had water in there though. It happens when i've smoked to much and get light headed- when it's really intense sometimes my hearing goes fuzzy, like I have cotton in my ears, sometimes it is accompanied with a very faint ringing. This has never lasted more than a minute though, and can usually be stopped by putting my head in between my legs, or lying down and breathing slowly. Lack of oxygen tongue.gif