Hose Caps?

Bushbr

I'ver never heard of anyone converting an Egyptian to an Auto-Seal sytem. Hmm. I'm sure it would be confusing and hard.
Maybe if you make a foil ball big enough to not get sucked into the base or the hose and stay in place while you were inhaling.. that might work?

I think the ball of foil that's too large to fall through but small enough to let smoke pass through would work excellently. I'd just be careful when I transport my hookah because they could fall out of your hose ports. Or, just make them whenever you smoke and throw them out as you throw out burnt shisha and used foil.

• 2 weeks later...
you could always try rigging the mouthpiece from a powerade bottle, you know the ones that allow you to only suck out so you don't backwash... something like that might have good effects.... Although I don't know how you would set that up....just a thought

Fast method:

Chewing gum, well chewed
Glue
Petroleum Jelly or A&D ointment around a peice of tape, the jelly seals off other smaller holes, but the tape does most of the work

Better:
Buy some teflon tape and tape around the tip...
Buy a plug from a hookah website, it goes directly into the hose hole.

• 5 months later...
as far as the 'auto seal' idea goes, I think you could probably make your own even with a non-removable Egyptian port.

I haven't worked on it but here's the idea.

A ball bearing, or a foil ball like you guys mentioned,
then take a small screen of some sort, i'm sure fine mesh would work. and glue,solder,or stick it into the port on top of the ball bearing giving it room to move freely. So it wouldn't plug up the hose when you pull and it wouldn't fall through the hole into the base. Just an idea.

I know they make the little end caps. I can find the site if you would like. I always thought the caps that go on the bleeder for disc brake calipers would work. And be a cool stroy to tell. Edited by NUBBS

• 4 weeks later...
easiest DIY method for this:

You need:

-Your hookah.
-An airsoft BB pellet.
-A disposable mouth tip.
Basically, what needs to be done:

Poke 4 - 5 small(ish) holes into the top of the sanitary tip, and block off the end using tape or something.

The effect is simple...
When not in use, the BB pellet blocks the hookah hoses opening. When sucked on, the pellet moves up the mouth piece and smoke is free to exit into your mouth. After taking the drag, it should fall and block the opning again...

I haven't tested this, so i cant say that it will work for sure, but hey, its a suggestion, and i suppose it's worth a try biggrin.gif

Best of luck.