Painting Question !

scottienl

My friend used those little acrylic squeeze bottles to put ducks on his new vase. Just make sure your vase is clean and dry before painting. Acrylic seems to be the best.

Go to OSH, or a crafts store, there is a brand of paint pens used for model cars, its Testors, they are acrylic paint, also Elmer, the glue brand, makes these as well. They are basicly just felt tip pens, with paint in them, very nice.

I first found these when I started designing my own clothes, and leather jackets. I got this jacket about 3 years ago, only painted it once, and the colors are still fine.

The finished product has reds, blues, and tons of other colors that looks fantastic. Edited by KillZedKill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
enamel paints work well on glass too. a bit more expensive but well worth it.you can find enamels at your local hardware store....and im sure if the hardware store has them, your local art store has them as well.

• 8 months later...
Acrylics and enamels are both good choices. Acrylics will have a rough texture and look to them, but can be removed by rubbing or even a hot run through a dish washer. Kind of a bad aspect to acrylics, but if you get bored with your paint job, you could do it again.

Enamels have a smoother texture to them, and won't have as much of a rough look to them after you paint them. They're much thicker, and considerably permanent, not to mention, they can be a little hard to work with. Testors enamels are a good choice if you go that route. Acrylics can be semi-transparent if you go a light coat, but even with a thick coat, you should be able to see through them if you hold the vase up to the light. Enamels are much thicker, but if you don't layer it too thick, you should be able to see through it enough.

Puffy paint is pretty neat too. Intricate line work looks cool with puffy paint, but large areas of color don't.

Of, if you want to make your base something unique and original, you could buy a glass engraver. They're pretty cheap, around $35, and take a bit of practice, but can do some really cool stuff. Plus, you can engrave other stuff with it too.