Pharoah

jaker29902

Nazar hookah is now selling this same hookah but they call it the "Sphinx"

As you guessed its an Eygyptian hookah and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Looks awesome with the cobra hoses, base seems small but it smokes great, got the two hose one, and once you get it going had me and two friends smoke it with thick clouds for about an hour, (woulda lasted longer but coals were dieing down and friends had to go)

Any negative thing is that the mouth of the base is kinda small so you cant get big ice cubes in.

Overall Id rate it 9.5/10

Quick edit: Sphinx and Pharoah are both availible on Nazar for cheaper than on hookah-shisha and only diff between both sphinx and pharoah on both sites is two inch height difference Edited by jaker29902

• 8 months later...
Origionally I ordered the one hose version but was accidently sent the 4 hose. In the end I decide to keep it rather than return. I always smoke with friends so having our own hoses is actually rather nice. Allows us all to lounge and not worry with pass hoses. The seals are all airtight. It smokes very nice thus I would reccomend to anyone.

Ok here is my 2 picture:

Its about time I wrote this. My first impressions when opening the box is how big the genie base, its pretty damn big. Once all put together this thing stands 30 inches talk and is just beautiful. My is all blue, with a blue genie base and cobra hoses.

The hoses seem to be of good quality but only time will tell how good they really are. From what I have heard most hoses you need to smoke once or twice to get the new taste out. From my first session I have found that these hoses hit amazing! Very easy draw. They are even better for reading since the hose can sit at your side and not in front of you. I would like to note that the only downside to these beautiful looking hoses, besides rusting quickly is that they are hard to keep clean. After smoking grape shisha the flavor is still in the hose, I have tried everything that I can since I can wash it out. I found what gets most of it out is by blowing through it for a few mins. Letting everything settle and then blowing through it again. I have also found when you inhale on it you get some bits of tobacco, I think the filters will help with this from HS which would be nice. Nothing is worse than getting stale bits of burn try tobacco in your mouth.

The hookah its self is wonderful, everything is nice n tight where it should be and is air tight. A new feature that I guess HS is putting on all their Egyptians is an auto seal. Which is nice for when your just using one hose you dont need to plug anything. But I have found that the ball some time sticks open have a big hit which could cause some problems when using both hoses.

I will post some better pics, maybe tonight also if you guys are lucky some smoking pics.

Just based on looks and functionality I give this hookah an 8.5 out of 10. My reason being the ball bearing sticking and some flaws in the stem and painting on the base. If the price was a bit cheaper it would easily be a 9 or 9.5

Note:The stem seems to be made out of some durable metal and was chromed. It isn't stainless steal. The tubing inside doesn't appear to be stainless steel either but no one cares about that since you cant see it. Also the tubes that go from the base to where you attach the hose connectors are copper. I have found this out because I can see it oxidized on the inside. Hookah-Shisha states on their website that all their egyptian hookahs are 100% Surgical grade stainless steel. To my knowledge and from what I have seen this isnt true on my stem. I will be taking this issue up with them in the next day or so, Im pretty busy with classes and work. I feel that I have been misled by the company and will figure out whats going on. For the price its a bit over priced for the condition that it was made in, along with the flaws that are on the stem.

At this point I give the hookah a 7 out of 10 in terms of quality. Once I figure out what is up with the stem I will edit the post and let you guys know. It doesnt bother me that its not all stainless steal, it just bothers me that it is misleading on the website. If your okay with this and like the hookah go for it. H-S has great customer service and you get some nice freebies with your hookah. If you use the Hookah Forum discount code, it makes it worth buying.

EDIT: HS says they are weld marks......which is not true. This is a great hookah but im going to order my next hookah from someone else.

Mike Edited by mjdx88

• 1 year later...
I have this hookah however it has a different style vase, but the rest looks the same as my favorite one. It's probably one of the nicest hookahs i have. Amazing smoke quality